Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 48 Fleetline – From UTAH to Melbourne

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimmy Tee, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Here is the journey of my 48 Fleet, which I recently purchased.

The Ride was purchased from a great guy in UTAH. After organising for a few packages (Sunvisor, Whitewalls, Fender skirts, Brake Kit & Seatbelts) to be sent to him for transportation with the car, It was then transported to the International Shipper in San Francisco. You can see pics of it being picked up in the snow. This made me a little nervous as we don’t get snow here in Melbourne, so hopefully the drive to San Fran goes OK.

From there it will get Customs clearance for transportation in a Shipping Container across the Pond to Melbourne Australia.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>

2. walls

walls

beauty

I don't know if they use salt on their roads in Utah but, I'd give it a good washing when it gets there just to be safe.

3. Congratulations,,looks like you got yourself a good sold car. HRP

4. belair

belair

That's a beauty. Can't wait to get mine back on the road.

5. Depending on the customs inspector, it should get a good jet wash when it lands as part of the quarantine process.

6. richie rebel

richie rebel

car looks great..........

7. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

lots nicer than mine,but i just love the lines on those cars.congrats

8. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Cool, cant wait to see it with skirts and whitewalls. Not keen on Sunvisors, but thats a nice car. I wish my interior was that clean.

9. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Thanks for all the congrats.
    The previous owner was very careful driving it. No Snow or bad weather driving. I have pics of the undercarriage and it looks just as clean as on top.

Plans I have are for some lowering, the whitewalls, fender skirts and the Sunvisor.

I'll see how she pulls up before I decide on the Brake upgrade. If that happens ill have to go to a five stud pattern. I'd like a set of Artillery wheels for it so I need to wait to see what I do with the Brakes first.

She is still running a 6V setup so maybe an upgrade to 12V may also be on the cards.

10. Lovely car, nice choice. I can't wait to see it with white walls.

11. looking forward to doing some cruising amigo....

12. waldo53

waldo53
    from ID

Nice Fleetline!! I like the plans you have for it, it's going to be one fine ride.

13. kevin47

kevin47

I was watching this auction...The only incorrect item I noticed were those fog lights...What the heck were they off of...? Really jazzy upholstery...! She's in good shape...Take care of her...! Kevin

14. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Here is the story about the Foglights..... They are apparently 1950 Olds fog lights, very Rare.

A guy called the seller after the Auction ended and offered upwards of $700 to have the lights and replace them with the standard 46-48 Chevy ones (which are cheap and readily available on ebay).

The seller put the question to me and I said to leave them on there.

15. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Very nice acquisition. Those fog lamps are rare with 2 tone lenses. I recall seeing similar and nearly fell over when I saw the price that someone was prepared to pay.

16. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Here is the update...... The car is now safely in the Holding Warehouse in San Francisco. US Customs clearance is now required before she's allowed to get loaded into a Container and leave the country.

She got a little dirty sitting on top of that Open Top Carrier, during the trip from UTAH, but nothing a little Soap & Water cant fix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]<O:p></O:p>

17. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Who took the pictures of it in the warehouse in San francisco ? Looks great! How long before you are driving it?

18. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

I arranged for the pics to be taken through my International Shipper here in Australia.

She should spend 3-4 weeks getting cleared & loaded, 4 weeks on the Water and another 2 weeks getting unloaded & cleared at this end in Australia.

So I'll probably driving it by April

19. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Man That is a long trip.I'd be freaking out .Well I hope time flies bye for you and I look forward to seeing pictures of its arrival .

20. Firefly

Firefly

Ha, ha, or like when our Fleetline landed in Tauranga, here in NZ, they took one look, slammed the container door shut and said "we gotta fumigate". Er, um, there may have been a couple of hitchiking black widows lurking thereabouts. Haven't spotted any in our shed so they must have done a good job :D

21. captmullette

captmullette

nice car , have fun,,,,

22. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

It's pretty cold over there now, -17 Celsius when it was picked up. The only thing that would be stowing away is either a Polar bear or Penguin.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  23. Yep, true. My convertible got a good hosing down. Under the hood they managed to short out some ugly/dodgy electrical terminals and plugs, the sucker wouldn't start and I've only just got the lights working again!
    They also must have pulled the wheels at one stage, I had one 8 inch fat rim on the front and a skinny one on the back, I guess I was lucky it wouldn't start or I may have wrecked a front fender trying to steer it on the trailer!

24. Sixty-two

Sixty-two

Beautiful car, mate. Who are you using to ship it? I need to bring my '55 over and the last guys I used were morons.

25. zep058

zep058

Great looking fleetline, hopefully time will fly by for you!

26. A BONED

A BONED

Fantastic score Jimmy...!
    I love the two tone madness paint scheme
    She looks like a real peach, can't wait to cut some laps together
    Nothing quite like a fat fendered 40's Bomb!

Gomez.

27. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

I'm using a mob called Auto Ezy Search.
    Between me and two of my mates, who are HAMB'ers, we have imported 8 cars and countless Engines/gearboxes and other parts, without a worry. they always use the Direct Ships, rather than the 3 month trip via Taiwan/China. Look em up on the web or PM me for more details.

28. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Cheers Gomez..... Looking forward to the three of us cruising the Bomb's.

29. Firefly

Firefly

Ha, ha, watch out for black feathers and/or white fur then :eek:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013