Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Worth Seeing at Barrett Jackson

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tom davison, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlamIam

SlamIam

I agree.

2. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Trust me, there is a whole overload of that stuff there too, I don't care for them at all and the high quality is difficult to portray in a photo.; so lots of walking to find the unusual and those showing good taste. Cold out there too this year, but I may to go back again today.

3. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for going to the trouble of taking and posting these.

4. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow:eek: Thanks for the pictures. Those are just breath taking.
    Gasser Girl

5. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Always enjoy your pictures,Tom.
    BUT turned on BJ on Speed ch about 7:06 and first thing I hear is they are going to have a vote on weather the restored older pickups,OR R*T R**S are going to be the "big thing " in 2013----WTF is that all about?
    I hope they are not getting Traditional Rods confused with the R*ts:eek:

TV controls a lot of peoples minds

6. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Almost all of the 50's concepts are beautiful to me, guess it's the One-Offness. Thanks Tom.

7. I thought about heading down there myself but decided it wasnt worth it. But i would love to see more pics of the Hudson Italio and the Parckard.

8. c57heaven

c57heaven

Great photos, great autos and great color. Thank you.

9. Thanks for the pictures. Hope there will be more posted.

10. Wonder if those white tires on that Pierce Arrow smoke black when ya burn em" ???

11. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

the talbot lago,what a hotrod/custom that would make.......

12. wizzard23

wizzard23

Numbers match? Build sheets?

13. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

14. EurekaFreak

EurekaFreak

Great pics! The Pierce Arrow was originally owned by Fatty Arbuckle...

[​IMG]

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks so much for sharing......more please :D

16. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

bravo, bravo

17. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

That Hudson Italia - ohhhhhhhh yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh. Another car that should have gone into production (instead of the Jet!).

Is the Batmobile there yet?

18. ACH57

ACH57

Batmobile is there and worth seeing in person. Barris was standing near the display when I was there today.

19. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

Flying out tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing that Packard, looks amazing.
    Even though most don't fit on this site, B J has a high quality standard and I can appreciate most of them. Thanks for posting the pictures.

20. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, that car must be huge. It makes Roscoe look small.

21. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Yeah, if Exner had Earl's budgets to work with, and less trouble with top management........................the designs we'd have seen:)

The '' Diablo '' was built Italy by coachbuilder Ghia for Chrysler Corp. It was first known as the " Ghia Dart '' and had a fast back roof design. After Chrysler finished testing, it was returned to Ghia where they removed the roof, cut down the fins, and painted in red. Now renamed the " Diablo '', and sporting a 392!

The Packard show car was first known as the '' Grey Wolf II '' and later renamed as the ''Panther-Daytona'', actually ran on the sand at Daytona!
    It's rumored to have reached 131.1 MPH off of its' 275HP McCulloch blown straight eight .

The '34 Duzzy with the Murphy body is interesting, coachbuilder Walter Murphy of Pasedena California closed its' doors in 1932.

Thanx for the many great photos and toughing out the cold weather:D

" Humpty Dumpty was pushed "

22. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

the packard panther is SPECTACULAR............do you have any front view pics of that one Tom?

23. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

does anyone know when the Batmobile goes on the block?

24. Graystoke

Graystoke

Does anybody else think the "Milk Truck" is over the top UGLY? I always thought so.

25. RodStRace

RodStRace

That Packard is WOAH!
    Really diggin the Talbot too.
    Thanks so much for the pics, the rest are also suburb.

26. When I tuned in last night I got to watch a Dale Earndhart truck and I think a 93 Firebird on steroids, needless to say I wasn't going to set through the crap for the good stuff, IMO BJ is going down hill. The other night I sat through last years reruns to watch Brett Michaels sell his family cars and had to give away signed guitars to get any bids. I would rather see less nights with quality cars than have to sit through the crap to see the good ones. I don't know maybe I'm just looking at it all wrong.

27. B-J has been more for the muscle cars as of the past several years and the TV show seems to favor Chevies especially Vettes.

B-J is basically following the trend as well as the biggest and easiest money.

You want to see a good auction go to or watch Mecum. At least it's real!

28. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Thanks for the kind words; I never am sure exactly what is "on topic" here....I dig a wide range of automotive styles.

For instance, I almost posted the Batmobile, but I had the experience of actually seeing the badly weathered Lincoln Futura at Barris' shop in '63. So, I have never forgiven the man for that crime. I loved the Futura since I was 12 when I built the Revell model. I will post it.

PP, thanks for all the info; I think I knew the Diable as the Dart back when. And I didn't remember the fins being so tasteful as they are now, so that explains everything.

Please view the Milk Truck through the lens of 1963. It was built by 16 year old high school student Dan Woods and it won the sweepstakes award at the Winternationals in LA show that year. It was a big deal and Dan went on to design and build some of the greatest rods of that subsequent era. Yes, it's quaint now.

OK, the Packard. I personally think that its front end is one of the ugliest ever. I have the shot, anyone want to see it? You may regret it. You have to ask.

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here no6 have some decent cheese to go with that whine.
    [​IMG]
    I only got to watch about the last hour of the Tuesday night coverage and although several of the vehicle weren't too exciting I did see some interesting rigs go across the ramp. Several 50's, 60's and early 70's Chev/ GMC pickups that while having been built or restored a few years ago looked pretty good and sold for less than a guy could do one himself in many cases. A 31 Model A Victoria that went for less than I will have in mine when it's done. You have to remember that most of the Tuesday cars are driver quality cars that are often a bit dated and the "good" stuff goes on Friday night and Saturday.

30. hd4unm

hd4unm

Nice pictures Tom!
    Just wondering why the mods killed my thread before I could post any pictures.

They must like you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.