Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Show your Avatars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 13, 2013.

1. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i think we allknow what my avatar is ;)

2. OK, Got it now. Just click on it. It gets Bigger. Not sure how to make a photo bigger after I attach it.

Attached Files:

3. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

go to tinypic.com; upload a document and then in the pull-down bar; click Message Board and then click upload. You'll have to type in a verification. Then highlight the link they supplied for Message Boards (2nd column down), right click > COPY, and then paste it here;hit enter and Post the reply! super easy!

4. F&J

F&J

Once you attach a thumbnail on hamb, click on it to expand it. Then put your curser over that pic and right click to go to "properties". Now copy/paste the URL, and then use the INSERT IMAGE button on the reply:

[​IMG]

5. Always liked this one! Neat car and a lovely lady.

[​IMG]

6. gicknordon

gicknordon

Me practicing with the drumline before the pep rally last year.
    [​IMG]

7. Here's mine...A concept drawing I made of the 47 Cadillac I'm building.

Attached Files:

8. This photo was taken by Street Rodder photographer and writer Chris Shelton. Somewhere on Interstate - 80 heading across Illinois or Iowa on the way to the Rod & Custom Americruise in Lincoln, Nebraska. Photo was published in the magazine in 2004.

[​IMG]

9. 26 roadster

26 roadster

I change my avatar frequently to suit my mood, all my cars are in my albums.

10. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

Here are two I have used...the 'flamed '40 is my current ride. But the '32 is my favorite picture and was my very first '32 Ford. I bought it in 1972 for $1200. It had a Studebaker V-8 adapted to a 39 trans and 40 rear. Sure wish I still had that car and the spindle mounts. Dont you love that purple paint job?

Attached Files:

11. rare32

rare32

here is the larger version of mine
    [​IMG]

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

My aunt Jean standing between the 48 and my 51 Merc that I had bought when I was 16 and owned for 32 years before selling it. My late Uncle Richard is off to the right and the photo was taken by my uncle Ken and was in some of his photos that a cousin posted on Facebook a few months ago. The photo was taken 28 and a half years ago at my house when I lived in Zillah, Wa

13. 49dreamer

49dreamer

After many years of dreaming and finally about 8 months of searching, this is my 50 mercury on the car transporter the day of delivery.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  14. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

My 33 Fordor Vicky Convertible Sedan and 29 Ford Business coupe

Attached Files:

15. BOOB

BOOB
    from Taylor, TX

For some reason I've always been curious about your avatar. Who is it and whats the story behind it?

16. BOOB

BOOB
    from Taylor, TX

Wow, what is that?

17. 65COMET

65COMET

I lost all my pictures when my old computer went down so my avitar is what it is,my 65 Comet drag car. ROY.

18. Here's mine...

Attached Files:

19. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Just me in one of my toys.
    [​IMG]

Here's the toy, as it was ......
    [​IMG]

..... and as it is now.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  20. mattrod68

mattrod68

the little ones hide all the flaws :(

[​IMG]

21. [​IMG]
    10 years and it's still not finished. :eek:

22. 55chevy

55chevy

Mine was on the basement wall of our old place in Enterprise Alabama, we were 2nd owners, all the kids who grew up there and their friends who partied left their names on the honor Scroll. We added all our names as well, we had a bar and a pool table. 3rd owner requested the pool table stay, we later visited and pool table gone, painted over the picture, assholes. As Yankees we always got a kick out of the little sign.

Attached Files:

23. One_sic_C

One_sic_C

Any new progress on this beast???

24. jdubbya

jdubbya

My truck, rolling down the highway at 60 plus, and at frankenmuth.

Attached Files:

25. Tdesoto276

Tdesoto276
    from Des Moines

I am the current owner of Bob Urquhart's "DeSoto-T" from the October 1962 cover of HOT ROD Magazine.

After the feature in HOT ROD, the car appeared in Popular Hot Rodding (Nov. '62 and Jan. '63), Popular Customs (Spring '63), Car Craft (Nov. '63), Custom Fords (the HOT ROD Spotlight series from '64) and Street Rodder (Dec. '02). The HOT ROD and Car Craft shoots were done by Bob Hardee. His cover shot was also used as card no. 30, "Abandoned", in the Hot Rod bubble gum series from the mid-sixties. The car also appears (very briefly, in a background scene) in the 1964 beach movie "Beach Ball". Since I have had the car, it was shown in the Good Guys "Retrospective" issue from 2007.

I am deep into a frame-off restoration of the car I have owned the car since February 2003 after discovering the car in an eBay auction. I was able to make a deal when the car didn't sell and had the car shipped from Orange County to my home in Des Moines, Iowa. The previous owner was unable to confirm the cover car provenance, but did give me a copy of the magazine. The feature article showed the car with a club plaque indicating Bob was a member of the San Diego Prowlers. As you HAMB folks know, the Prowlers are still in existence and I was able to contact their club historian for additional leads. Shortly thereafter, Bob called and confirmed the car was his and has been able to provide additional details on the car's history.

The car still has the '54 DeSoto 276 hemi with the Weiand four deuce manifold. The Caddy side-shift was lost to a '55 Powerflight and the dropped and drilled I-beam with hairpins was replaced by a four-bar and tube axle. Otherwise, most of Bob's original vision is still there. He has been an invaluable (and patient) resource in helping me pull together all of the details for the restoration.

Attached Files:

26. 35cab

35cab

My 35 late summer.

Attached Files:

27. ratster

ratster

28. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

I love winter! :D

29. edisonfire