Register now to get rid of these ads!

master cylinder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by looking, Jan 14, 2013.

1. looking

looking

I am looking for any info on where to find the copper washers for the rear of a master cylinder at the junction block for a 1950 chevy styleline. I have looked the usual places and chevs of the 40s no one seems to have the correct diameter.

2. frosty49

frosty49

I just pulled some from a 54 chev. If they are the same email with your address and I will send them

3. Have you checked NAPA? HRP

4. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Some auto parts stores carry an assortment in the help section or a maybe even the local Ace Hardware.

5. bigjplumbing

bigjplumbing

I had to reuse the washers I had... if you get a hold of some used ones you may want to soften the copper with a torch before install.

6. kevin47

kevin47

Ask the guys over @ VCCA Chat...They think they know everything...Guess you tried the "fillingstation".com, too...?

7. looking

looking

no Kevin I forgot about them<HRP NAPA didnt have the correct size,Big J I had one thats stuck on the master and wont come off even with a chisel,and Frosty i will send you a pm. Thanks all for the help so far.

8. kevin47

kevin47

They got a lot of stuff...Order online and they'll send you a Catalog...They're quick, too.

9. looking

looking

I looked there it looks like the washers they have are to small inside diameter. HRP i tried there first.Land sea and air I tried some plain copper ones and tried to drill them out bigger but no good.Thanks for all the help so far.