Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know where the signal flasher is located on a 1956 buick?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Any you buicks guys know where the signal flasher is located on a 1956 buick.Trying to get the signals to work but cant find the flasher.Any ideas? Thanks Bruce.:cool:

2. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

I have resorted to turning the signal on and laying under the dash to hear where the sound comes from. Sometimes the flasher can is clipped to the harness in weird locations.

3. Or maybe clipped to backside/underside of the dash.

Do you not have any type manual about your car??
    If not, you should purchase one......usually found in either
    new or reprint on ebay.

Or......see if it's plugged into the fuse block.

4. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

If i remember correclty, it is under the dash towards the driver's door. It should be in a fuse panel between the column and drivers door.

5. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

My owners manual confirmed it. Fise panel is under the dash between the column and drivers door.

6. fastroadster

fastroadster

If I remember right I think it's in wire loom above the ignition switch. Wasn't on fuse block!

7. 55chevy

55chevy

It's the round silver thingie on the end of those two different colored wires?

8. I remember trying to start a 56 Buick. I couldn't find the starter button/pedal anywhere. After 10 minutes of getting frustrated, I got angry and slammed my foot on the gas pedal and it started. The starter button was under the gas pedal.