Register now to get rid of these ads!

Project bodies and body parts sources?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rc.grimes, Jan 3, 2013.

1. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

I have several friends who have asked about where to find a particular style body that they want to build. Coming from the east coast I have seen several vendors haul trailers of early 30's bodies to Carlisle.
    What other companies are there for sourcing bodies or parts? One person recommended Rocky Mountain Relics but they have come up dry with what the guys are looking for. I vaguely remember a vendor that I thought was in Montana that ran a site with a up to date list of inventory with pictures. Anyone have info on a source? A website would be ideal since a couple of the guys are stationed elsewhere.

2. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

The greatest enjoyment comes from searching out nice early tin. Helps if you have a friend with an eye for early tin.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

always check For Sale Ads here, and place a Ad in Wanted Section here. lots of people go to Arizona looking for stuff that is not rusted through. check ads in Hemmings, allofcraigslist.com, etc.

4. It all depends on what they are looking for,,you and I both know the most desirable bodies are in private stashes. HRP

5. I think Easy Jack's is still in business.. Junction City Kansas. Used to have tons of 1930s bodies and parts. Google him for information.

6. fleet-master

fleet-master

what kind of body(s) are they after?

7. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

Quite a few fella's have said Easy Jacks wasn't worth dealing with since they have been turned away or given outrageous prices for even small parts. I'd hate to seel what they'd want for whole bodies or large pieces.

8. 49chevy4door

49chevy4door
    from Sylva NC

Desertclassics.com and dvap.com are two i know of. Desertclassics only sells full cars. Located in Missouri or Montana or close to that. Pretty big yard. Dvap sells whole cars parts or anything in between from what i seen.

Josh

9. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

The HAMB wantads are about as good as you can find. Look there, and save up for a pilgrimage to Hershey, an excellent place to buy hulks and bodies from individuals.
    The more organized sources like those online Model T junkyard places offer high prices for poor bodies, like the guys with tractor-trailer loads of Model A fragments at the big shows in Hershey and carlisle...very poor choices IMHO.

10. Hamb classified. eBay. Craigslist. But you knew that. If these guys want something they have to go out and look a little, can't just expect it to magically show up one day.

11. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

There was one particular vendor that I can't manage to locate. I think he was in Montanna or Missouri and advertised on Ebay. I used to have a link to his website on my old computer and he had a good sized amount of early cars in various stages of completion, all listed and most pictured. I had gotten body parts from him in the past.
    If anybody can think of the guys site I'd really appreciate it.

12. Murocmaru

Murocmaru
    from Van Nuys

Are you thinking of Rufus ranch? He has a website and sells on here from time to time.

13. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

No. I'm familiar with Rufus Ranch. That isn't the place I'm thinking of.

14. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

what are they looking for? i know of a good stash of old tin...

15. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

PM sent.