Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The 1955-1956 Plymouth and Dodge Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrBelvedere2, Feb 12, 2009.

1. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Whoa.. looking through a glass turns those pictures the right way.. :D

2. Willys gasser

Willys gasser
    from PA.

[​IMG]Hi guys I need some help about the 56 ply. savoy below. Is anyone familure with this car. Owner has little info on the body, how much puty,
    fiberglass, any type of unwanted body work. if you can send a answer a.s.a.p.
    [​IMG]

EFFINGHAM, IL
    1956 Plymouth Savoy
    2 door post
    440 big block - 1970 motor with steel crank
    purple cam shaft .484 lift
    Edelbrock performer intake
    Holley 4 barrel
    Electronic ignition
    Electric holley fuel pump
    Flowmaster exhaust
    16 gal fuel cell
    727 automatic trans w/ Art Carr 2700 stall converter
    B&M trans pak
    8 3/4 sure grip rear with 489 casing
    Disc brakes in front and drums in rear

Attached Files:

3. 'Mo

'Mo

I didn't check all '50+ pages, so pardon if these have been posted.

Chuck O'Malley's (the ultimate).

[​IMG]

Mild, but wild! (Stude fins.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  4. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

got the motor and trans finally in this thing!

Attached Files:

5. mopar35dodge

mopar35dodge

My name is Douglas, I have a 1956 plymouth hardtop, I am planing on putting in a 270poly converted to a hemi, I am looking for a motor mount bracket for it. Have the motor and hemi parts for it.

6. Sperduton

Sperduton
    from NJ

Anybody doing any work on theirs? I'm getting ready to fab up and install a rear sway bar.

7. wallyringo

wallyringo

1955 Plymouth can someone please send me the placement measurements for side mirrors? previous owner took them off and filled in the holes. I just pick up this set.

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      137.8 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      138.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  8. 58_Ford

58_Ford
    from Phoenix

Not intended to high jack, but Hamb is quite extensive. I just got finished converting my 55 Royal Lancer to 12v - everything works great aside from Neutral safety. This car is for my girl and if it starts in drive...its gonna start in drive! ;-D Any one know if the wire goes to the horn relay or the starter relay? Ive tried options but it still starts in any gear. Thanks for your time

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  9. 73RR

73RR

...most 270 poly blocks have ears...

so are you looking for the mount that sits under the water pump?

10. mopar35dodge

mopar35dodge

Yes I am looking for the motormount that mounts from under the waterpump, I found a person who has one but he wants $140.00 for it. The price is a little high. I know that are some aftermaket ones but will they work to the orginal hole locations or will new attachment locations be needed to be made?

11. mopar35dodge

mopar35dodge

12. mpineapple1967

mpineapple1967
    from puyallup

i think i have three or four. they are pitted and will need rechroming.

13. bronco gasser

bronco gasser
    BANNED
    from GB WI

working on 54 dodge royal hemi rag top channeled 3in over frame, going to be all kustom .working on the new floors and rockers right now.see 54 dodge thread for pics,

14. Happy New Year to all those that post here for the 55-56 mopars....

Lawrence

15. tmd171

tmd171
    from Detroit

Nice to see all the '56 dodge lovers here!

I'm looking for some answers if any of you guys can help regarding my '56 Custom Royal 4dr hardtop 315 poly;
    Does anybody know what dual master cylinder will work, and what mods might be needed?
    Also, any direction on converting to alternator pwr?
    Finally, has anybody converted to electronic ignition? Good or bad idea?

I like to drive this car as much as I can, and want to make it a little safer/more reliable.

Thanks! Tom

16. Sperduton

Sperduton
    from NJ

Tom, if you are sticking with 4 wheel drum, a late 60's dual master from like a 67 Fury would work. If you are going front disc and rear drum,I have a an AAJ Disc brake setup in my 56 plym along with the 77 Volare master and proportioning valve and it works great. It's been in there since 2000 or 2001.

Can't help you with a ignition for a definite. I know the Plymouth 277 poly will accept the the 70's mopar small block mopar electronic distributor.

Nick

17. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

I believe that a late 60's Mopar B Body dual pot master works well like a 1968-70 Charger or Road Runner.
    Check out the exhaust pipe portion of forwardlook.net for your other mod questions.

18. rferg

rferg

Hi ya'll I'm rferg - I had a 55 savoy almost done til the oklahoma fires last summer burned it to the ground. I looked hard for a 2dr then I gave up when I ran accross a 53 club coupe (short roof line) and a friend gave me an unretrievable 55 ply so The idea is to make the 53 into a 55 with all 4 fenders and dash changed. My phylosophy is that 50's cars are the coolest and mixed parts is even better. Is this idea new?

19. I have a 56 post if your interested - PM me....

5 15 10 003.jpg

20. RFERG - that was for you.....

21. tmd171

tmd171
    from Detroit

Nick, thanks for the reply. Did you do the AAJ disc brake conversion...I wonder how difficult it is? I was giving that some thought, but my drums are working great and I'm trying to stay stock as much as possible...tough decision, as it would require (I think) a disc/drum master, so I guess now is the time to decide.
    Tom

22. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

tmd171 --- I have done the AAJ conversion on my 55 Plymouth Suburban as well as on a buddy's 56 Dodge pick up. Both went well. Instructions are good and if you have any questions they are answered quickly and thoroughly by Roger (AAJ's owner and a real down to earth car guy). You will want a dual master cylinder. I am using one from a MoPar A-Body from the early 70's. If you go this route, I would be let me know if you have questions. Good luck with the project. Larry

23. rferg

rferg

Been having a conversation with RPM RON in private message but would rather go public so others might jump in. The subject is custom adaption of 55 (or 56) parts to a 53 ply. mostly headlights and taillights but also buick vertical grill parts added in. Oh yeah - I got some 52 lincoln chrome bullets to fit in that grill too. With the addition of those chrome perfections of shape, I already know her name -"Norma Jean"

24. Just promise pics with progress Gotta see this one;)

25. tmd171

tmd171
    from Detroit

Thanks Larry, I think I'll give Roger a call.

26. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

Hey - Steppin' Out...I'm running an original 270 Hemi in my '55 Dodge and am using what is called a stock low deck 318 electronic distributor. It was a drop in and has worked great for 3 years and over 10,000 miles. Can't remember the exact year. Believe it was late 70's, early eighties...

--- CLICK TO ENLARGE ---

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  27. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Dodge Coronet Lancer 2dr. Htp. w/270 Poly and Powerflite. Real chrome wires and new Cokers WWW radials. For sale, $12,995. PM me for more info.

Attached Files:

28. TexasDart

TexasDart

Nice car Bobwop....trade you a 65 Dart Vert for it.

29. Powerflite

Powerflite

This is mine. '56 Savoy with 331 hemi & powerflite trans. Looking to convert to 700-R4 and still retain push button control. I also have an aluminum-headed 392 hemi ready to go in, but no time to do it. :( I'm too busy working on my wife's car.

Attached Files:

30. George

George

All the same, just a matter if you want points it's pre '73, electronic from 73 up through the 80s, don't know about the Magnum series engines.