Register now to get rid of these ads!

Having the flu sucks !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by haychrishay, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. got that crap on thanksgiving, finally went to the doctors 2 weeks ago and got some meds, I am just now starting to feel good again. it even stripped the tastebuds off my freaking tongue. Worst stuff I ever have encountered.

2. Wife brought it home from work. A fellow teacher came to work with it coughing in everyones face not covering her mouth. Infected the entire science dept. Said she had strong work ethics and wouldn't stay home. NO - just an ASSHAT. I was out sick for two weeks. On another note - getting the flu is traditional.

3. This thing is particularly bad this year.
    Judging by these posts its pretty widespread.
    I have gotten the flu vaccine every year for many years and have been fortunate enough to have dodged it but eventually your luck runs out.
    I missed a day of work last week which I rarely do, and now a week later still suffering. I guess I have a sinus infection now, cause im feeling pain behind the eyes and ears and teeth even hurt. Gonna have to break down and make an appointment to see the doc !
    I guess since several people have checked out from this stuff, its nothing to take lightly.

4. RayJarvis

RayJarvis

i get a flu shot every year due to my folks immune systems being weak. never had the flu since and colds have been cut way back. if you dont want a flu shot wash your hands a lot. no such thing as to much.i work with large crews and someone is always sick and shareing thier joy with the rest of us.hope you get better soon

5. Beau

Beau

Here's my non educated reason as to why the flu is "spreading".

It's not actually spreading. It was always there. It's just dry now, and this crap thrives when it dry. So we are more prone to attacks.

We boil water in the house or just fill the rice cooker with water and let that steam. Humidity will help stop you from getting sick as often. Plus it'll make the house/shop feel warmer.

A shot or two of whiskey and some super spicy food, followed by lots of water and sleeping in a sweat suit will usually rid me of a cold in a day or two.

6. Ijust got over the flu.....and I got a flu shot a few months back! It aint no joke!

7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Today on the TV news they said that there are 3 different flu viruses out there right now, and that a flu shot may not protect you against some types.
    But I figger it at least lowers the chance.

8. You'll get better and not being able to do the things that you are accustomed to doing is a bitch. As long as you do n't die you will be enjoying the hell out of that car soon enough.

My comments may have been a little harsh by the way, I would give you an excuse but it would just be an excuse. An excuse for al intents and purposes is like a sausage, the skin of the truth stuffed with a lie. ;)

I was denied a flu shot, I was told that because of nerve damage I could not take it. I personally think that they were just running low and saving it for someone important. ;)

9. I had a stubborn sinus infection from October to almost Xmas. Got past that.. maybe..., came down with a head cold on 12/26. Doing better until 1/10 and woke up with a head full of snot, wheezy chest and a bad cough.

I'm functional, taking every OTC item under the sun. I did have my flu shot in November, wonder if it helped. Someone I knew was in the local ER last week... the place was full of people coughing all over each other...

Bob

10. I havent gotten a flu shot in years and I notice I get sick a lot less without it. But thats just me! The flu is going around pretty bad up here too, especially in my valley. It seems to come in cycles too, just when you get over it it comes back a week or so later.

Cool car!

11. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

Consider yourselves lucky and thank God it is only the flu you have.
    Would trade my cheomtherapy and resulting side effects any day.

12. LAROKE

LAROKE

I spent a extra half hour on the pot this morning, spewin' from both ends before I headed out for work.

Feelin' better now. Hope it was only bad PBR at the cruise-in last nite.

Yeah, I know "bad PBR" is redundant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.