Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 51 Henry J gasser build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hemipwd41willys, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This one may be a little easier to see.
    [​IMG]

2. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

bumping up for updates?

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

for anyone that has the fever for one after following this thread I saw this one at the Turlock, CA Swap Meet yesterday

Attached Files:

4. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I have loved gassers since the first one I saw back in the 60's . I have a 50 Ford that I will be building into a gasser when I finish up my 55 Ford I am building now . Hope to start that build sometime next summer I hope .

Now as for what color , I would paint it any way you want it since it's yours . As for making it look just like an original one , that's up to you but doesn't make any difference to me !
    It's yours so whatever you paint it to look like is up to you but just enjoy it and have a great time racing it !

Retro Jim

5. alumslot

alumslot

What a GREAT build. I've started mine but not going gasser style. I'm using a O/T frame but this is so cool to see builds like this your J is going to be so very nice. My vote is to paint it like your dad's also.

Jim

6. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Way Cool man! Car looks great! I say paint it like your dad's as a tribute car. Who cares if it's not the same car. His Henry J looked really badass, the lettering looks cool on it and the color is a good one for the car. Not a huge fan of the Later Altered wheel base in the pics though. Keep up the good work!

7. straightaxlej

straightaxlej

wow that chassis is going to be awfully tall.. that shackle set up on the front of the ladder bars is a sweet set up i use it a lot when i have high horse diesel trucks that have axle wrap issues in my shop

8. longrooff

longrooff
    from s city

VERY NICE

How wide is your rear end?
    What steering box is it?

9. blubiu65

blubiu65
    from Colorado

Is the 41 Willys that you refer to the one in your avatar?? If so what is the scoop with this?? Looks like it was very rough.

10. steamer

steamer

Yes, are you crazy, I'd do the same thing, paint it to look like Pops. I'm not diggin' the rear wheel re-location though. Looks a little radical for me. Keep us posted.

11. hemipwd41willys

hemipwd41willys
    from Wyoming

The rear end is a 58 pontiac posi that is 60" drum to drum.
    The steering box is out of a late 60's mustang

12. ohiohenryj

ohiohenryj

bringing one back up... what's going on with this build? car is looking awesome! My dad and I are building a 51 J right now, but it won't be near as nice as this one lol

13. madjack

madjack

I've been wondering the same.

14. flynA

flynA

Well hemipwd41willys, what happened to the henry j build?
    I myself am building a henry j it won't be the caliber of your build but it should be fun all the same.
    Keep us posted. Thanks Andy

15. magooz

magooz

Hemipwd41willys... We're really enjoying your build so far. Very nice work... We love it!
    Ours is just about done now. Just a few little items to deal with.

Thanks MAGOOZ Seattle

Have a look = http://www.henryjcars.com/hjc74/Ken/build.html

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  16. Clik

Clik

Interesting sub floor. Is the square tubing welded to the v-shaped rocker sub rocker or through it and then welded? Any close ups?