Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 ford grille ?s

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nitrohonkey, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Who builds the most accurate original style reproduction steel 32 grille? Fit finish etc. Does anybody reproduce a center that is not polished stainless and is stamped like OEM? Thanks

2. Brookville makes a pretty nice reproduction shell the is not filled and will accept the bezel.

As far as a insert I'm not familiar with a original style non stainless. HRP

3. beater32

beater32

4. Master of None

Master of None

Are you looking for a commercial truck grill? They are the steel only stamped insert,verses the stainless car type. I don't think anyone makes one yet. If someone does, I'd be interested in one for my roadster.

5. Dales makes the best reproduction insert,,but they are stainless!

And as already pointed out,,the 32 pickup has the insert made into the shell. HRP

6. k32t

k32t
    from Hog town

Look around they come with or without the crank hole.

7. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I have a Dales and an original. The Dales is heavier in weight, and when you run your fingers across the fins, it dont rattle like some of the others. They are very well built.

8. chucks32

chucks32
    from new york

Dales makes them with stainless bars and also with regular steel bars for painting, fit is perfect, on sale now for $299 for either one

9. beater32

beater32

No,they do plain steel also. And where was Pickup mentioned exactly??

10. I have a Dales with plain steel bars and I had them powder coated.

11. metal man

metal man

On sale where ?

12. Excuse me he said commercial,,pickup is a commercial truck. HRP

13. PA Gas

PA Gas

Why don't you just buy an original ? They are still out there, check the classifieds on here:D:D

14. Thanks everybody for the input...guess I should have mentioned car grille!

15. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've been using the Vintique shell either filled or stock and Dales insert on the roadster pkgs I've been building. Better fit than the Brookville shell!

16. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

It took me many many years to find a decent stock 32 insert! I started my build in 1994 (at the ripe old age of 14) and everything has been on a budget. this fall I found a near perfect insert in a beat up oem shell for $250! sold the shell for $100. I have a NICE ford shell and wanted a matching insert for it.

If I had known dales had a steel bar insert and that it was on sale for $299 I may have even gone for that instead of waiting quite as long as I did. I have heard nothing but good things.

17. Bought this vintique shell & grille from Gearhead In Hudson Iowa @ a reasonable price & if I remember correctly they footed the freight bill. Stainless bars & all fit pretty good. Very small amount of fitting. I'm happy. Just need to finish the fender fit & headlight bar.

18. Thanks again. I have nothing against the stainless insert, just is not the look I am after. I like the apearence of an original car grille insert when used on a pickup. Anybody want to chime in on the their experience with aftermarket shels and radiators. I want a radiator with the cap in the original position.

19. alchemy

alchemy

I always thought if I needed to buy a new insert, I'd get an all stainless one and sandblast the bars (tape off the outer ring). That should give them a satin grey color that closely matches the original French Grey. And there would be no paint to chip off. And they'd never rust.

rexrogers likes this.
  20. chucks32

chucks32
    from new york

21. chucks32

chucks32
    from new york

On sale til the end of January Dales insert with plain steel bars, 299 plus $18 shipping, they are nice!

22. 19-c

19-c

this may be a dumb question but if you are going to paint or powder coat why does it have to be plain steel? can't stainless steel be powdercoated or painted. and wouldn't that be better anyway??

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  23. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

Be careful when checking the insert bars, got a nasty finger cut just picking one up to check it out, edges are like razors.

24. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've had the bars on a 1/2 dozen Dales SS grilles powder painted a satin black with no problems.

25. I think the stampings look different...my 2 cents

26. 2-TONED

2-TONED

ive never really seen an aftermarket shell and insert fit right.
    Henrys always seem to fit.
    ive seen alot of cars with a top corner of the insert hanging out or a big gap.

27. If the Dale's insert is as nice as everybody says, I will make the gaps work.
    Thanks for all of the responses.

28. RoadsterRod1930

RoadsterRod1930
    from NEPA

29. chucks32

chucks32
    from new york