Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Who's Building a T?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Wow, thanks for those. I love the idealized world of vintage illustration.

2. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Love every last thing about this one. I liked it TALL
    but the chop is good too.

Good job!

Attached Files:

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Ts were available in multiple colors from 1909-1916 and 1926-1927. The 17-22 bunch were all black from which came the phrase "any color you want as long as it is black".

4. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Thanx, progress is a little slow with a sick wife but I took the body off the frame today and tilted it up on the firewall so I can paint underneath and finish welding the frame while the body is at my buddy's place getting the metal work straightened out where we chopped the top. I think he'll paint it for me too while it's there.

5. mink

mink
    from CT

Anyone pick up a 1926-27 Rear Cross Member Coupe from Howells for there T? Hows it fit and match up to the original. This is the rear most body crossmember. They don't list much detail on there products. Does the sheetmetal thickness match up to the original?? My project was hit from the rear.

6. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Do you mean the channel that runs inder the rear of the body or the panel below the trunk lid? I have Howell's panel for below the decklid and it fit pretty good - it was slightly wider than my original but that was easily fixed. I have their outer trunk lid skin too and it was a terrible fit.

7. mink

mink
    from CT

I bought the panel from them but yes the channel is what i need. How much did you have to shorten the panel below the deck lid. I've heard about the trunk lid skins poor fit

8. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

It was about 1/4" wider than the original.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  9. mink

mink
    from CT

Thanks, any other thoughts on it??

10. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

I fitted mine as it was and installed the trunk lid. It actually had better gaps with the wider panel, but I don't know if that would work in every case. Good luck!

11. Mikes27T

Mikes27T

Here's my 27 T. Yea it's glass but it's still going to be an awesome car when it's done. Engine is a Ford 351w backed by a TCI C4 trans. It has 4 wheel disk brakes, QA1 coil overs on the rear, and gas shocks up front. I've done a few builds and the wife always wanted me to paint a car Orange so I've decided the 27 will be orange and it will make her happy. I plan on changing the windshield to a duval style from Poli-Form. Wheels will be classic Ansen slot mags that will be polished. Here's a few pictures. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Craig M likes this.
  12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That will be an interesting T, but you will take some heat here, as it's not all that traditional.

13. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

14. hotrod brice

hotrod brice
    from molino,Fl.

ImageUploadedByTJJ1357780405.233875.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1357780446.943379.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1357780477.061792.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1357780532.163033.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

15. Thats one cool Sedan,any info on it ?Story and more pics, LOTS of pics !!!!! JW :)

16. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

I'm in the middle of building this one..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. Man I wish we were in the middle like that. That's one slick little ride man. Have you used an air cooled power glide behind a 2X4 equipped small block before? I'm not criticizing, just wondering about longevity. Logic tells me in such a light car it might just live. I know PG's have been used in T's since the dawn of automatic transmissions. I'm just wondering if it'll throw off enough heat.

And to Mikes27T above; you may get some flack here but, trad rod or not I like where you're headed with it. Looks like you're building a nice clean little driver there.

18. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Thanks..
    It's not air cooled.. I think someone cut them holes a long time before my friend bought it.. I'm building it for him.. It doesn't have a air cool converter,, I will be putting a cooler on it..

19. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Here's a few shot's of it before I started on it..:eek:

Attached Files:

20. no limits, you are doing a top job ,reminds me of those old show Ts.VERY cool!!JW :)

21. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Heres our much unloved T coupe.Its now gone to a new home where it can be appreciated.

We got it as a 70s refugee - tyres 5 inches out past the rear guards, huge rake, real cartoon stuff, but outasight man. I loved the cartoon look.

To get it legal down here we had to lose the guards as our guard exemptions are for no guards, and not tyres sticking out from them. So we lowered the back & fitted the chromies and whitewalls from another project thats struggling to make any progress.

Then I didnt much like it anymore and I spent hours looking at the Condor T Coupe (seriously awesome) trying to decide if I would have to chop my one up and start again.

Fortunately, somebody saw potential, and bought it recently, leaving behind the 289 and the rims & tyres for me to use again.

Hes enjoying it now with his 351w and some other rims.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  22. Todd, i dont remember that one from back then,who had/built it then???I love the stance and overall balance and with out having a chop !!!!! Nice !!!!!! JW :) PS; is an import?

23. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

No, it was built back in the mid 70s by a dude named Trevor Candler, who was a member of North Shore R&CC.

The car is tupperware and was the third one out of the mold, and the first one completed as a coupe as Im told the fibreglass guy took a while to do the doors so the first two cars became roadsters.

The cars moment of fame was a show in Auckland (possibly the Aotea one) where Trevor had it in the unfinished class and to get more attention, he hired a local lady of the night to stand beside the car in some lingerie.

Trevor went to the States in the 90s and never shifted home. I think he restores Corvettes in California now. I will try to find a pikky of the car with guards on it. Rear end was a "Corvette-ised Ford Dark 4 Zed car rear end.

24. I know it now, it was at shows in an unfinished form,it was built around '83.It had 221 and c4 (NZ Street Rodder,July 83,The old Lloyd Wilson mag) .Always wondered what happened to it. Cheers, JW :)

25. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

Thanks.. It is coming out nice..;)

Here's a shot outside today..

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

26. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

What a great thread! T's are awesome!

27. Its fantastic,perfect balance etc.JW :)

28. hotrod brice

hotrod brice
    from molino,Fl.

Hey thanks J.W.!its a new build mostly just a 67 /283 power pack and a junk yard 9" with a 2x4 frame I built myself.i plan on running the 26' tag.the top has been chopped 3 1/2".those are all the pics I have right now.-Brice.

29. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

30. Thanks Brice,i have a thing for 283s and IMO you have a perfect chop amount as now the body has good balance.I think it already has the look,very cool. JW :)