Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bad business?? Or is it just me?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slick bastard, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slick bastard

Slick bastard

ImageUploadedByTJJ1357969016.743230.jpg
    Here is what the frame looks like now except it for have to cross members welded in from side to side. No front crossmember in it. I just can't see 5300 bucks here anymore

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

SB, we can beat this thing to death but in the final analysis it is you who has to either get off your butt and do something or just give up and let this guy steal your money. We can only do so much for you, the rest is up to you.

To be honest, I can't imagine any man just sitting back with the attitude you are taking about this whole thing. The people who are telling you to grow a pair are thinking about what I am thinking right now. Maybe $3K is chump change to you, but I would be on his door step tomorrow morning.

The reason businesses like this get away with this stuff is because of people who stand back and take it. If you think I am a little disturbed by you right now, you are right. You seem to prefer to whine rather than doing something about it.

Oh, and that frame you pictured is worth about $300 as it sits.

Don

3. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Son...If that's your frame; they broke you in the hard way with no grease! In my eyes that isn't even a grand sitting there. If I'm wrong I'm in the wrong business.

4. servi53

servi53

If you want this to be any more than an expensive learning experience, bite the bullet print out all of your correspondence with this guy take it to a lawyer and get his opinion, they will generally have the initial discussion with you at no charge just to see if they want to be involved. Either way I'd do something very soon if you expect to get anything out of it except costly experience. Good luck and get after it before it's gone

5. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

I couldn't have said it better Don. Hell $3K is half what I paid for my 33 coupe and it was a roller with a near perfect body...so yeah $3K is a lot of scratch.

6. ok let me get some things straight YOU (op) build your own stuff and are currently building a frame for another one of your projects , but you sent this particular frame that your bitching about to someone else two hours away from home to build for you? this in its self doesnt make a lick of since to me if you can do something on your own why would you take it to someone else or even trust someone else with it?

if all that shop has is what you pictured call him and tell him he can keep it and the money he screwed you out of

and be done with it and concider it a lesson well learned even though it was expensive

i think this whole thread is made up hogwash

why would someone pay to have aframe built for more then they could order one for? when the ordered one would be one of sometype of proven track record of safty etc
    and as others have said just cause someone has a name doesnt mean they know thier ass from ahole in the ground about anything

7. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

First off I am going to admit I did not read all 7 pages of this thread, But You kept saying in your post how this is a reputable shop That has screwed you, And you are asking for members advice on what to do, Yet you do not want to tell us the whole story (such as who the so called reputable shop is).....How the hell are we supposed to give you a honest answer about what we would do if we don't have all the facts and details??....Also by keeping this to yourself you are saying you don't care if any of the other members get screwed by this same shop!...So given those facts, Why should we give a rats ass about you getting screwed? I am not trying to sound rude or Mean, But If a So called "reputable shop" screwed me I would let all my buddies know So the same thing did not happen to them. Just my 2 cents

8. Slick bastard

Slick bastard

Yes, I can build frames and built them on my other projects. I have a car that I have had for several years now and has alot of sentimental value. I have only worked on it every once in a while because I decided I was going to wait and make sure it was exactly as I dreamed it up. I ended up meeting this guy not looking to have anything built. He had the same car of his own and looked almost exactly what I was after. He offered to build the car for me and I figured I'd go ahead and do it because I didn't have plans to work on it myself anytime soon. I was under the impression that his experience and longer list of specialty tools would get me a product that was better than what I have the tools and patience to build myself.

I was wrong.

9. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I agree. This whole thread has raised my blood pressure about 10 points. :rolleyes: Did you ever feel like reaching through the computer screen and shaking some sense into someone ?

The frame you pictured is the most basic frame in existence, a simple ladder frame. And I wasn't kidding about the $300 part, that is about how much I have in the one pictured below, which is a lot like yours.

[​IMG]

Don

10. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

I'm starting to think the same thing here. I mean... he is a poser. He isn't even posting with his own account.

11. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I will not let anyone I do not personally know to ever work on my cars. There are too many guys out there who think that just because they can do some mig welding that they are qualified to build a car. Build up a network of guys who can do the various things that are required and it will serve you well. I always need machining and electrical done, and there are people in this area that are very capable. The thing to keep in mind about shops is that they are in business to make money - nothing wrong with that. But if you are going to source out an entire car, chances are you will spend a lot more to have it built than it will be worth on the open market.

12. Slick bastard

Slick bastard

ImageUploadedByTJJ1357971384.245822.jpg
    I agree. This is a frame I built and sold the other day for 500 bucks. If I knew this is what it would look like I would have not made a deal. I was expecting something above and beyond my skillet. The front rails were supposed to be tapered and drilled and other aesthetic features and it ended up being an overpriced unfinished plain frame

13. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Sounds like you started this thread to try and scare this so called "reputable shop" into giving you whatever it is you want from them.....(and that is not seeking our advise). News flash! It is Not going to work my friend As you have not mentioned his/their Name one time, I would say Your money has long been spent, and if he or they cared about their reputation, You would have got what you paid for already.....You have not helped anyone out here, the only thing we know is don't deal with any reputable shops within 2 hours of victoria TX....And because this has gone 7 pages now guys are starting to think you are full of sh*t!...LOL
    ..Goodluck!!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  14. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

No advice given will help you till you are capable of rational decisions and finding your testicles.

Jesus WTF?

15. One Finger John

One Finger John

Don, nice frame. Slick Bastard, you owe me for the time I have wasted reading this whole thread.

Shit or get off the pot.

What a waste of time.

John

16. Slick bastard

Slick bastard

Im a poser? What am I posing to do? I have not said I am special or talented at anything in particular. Just a guy who wanted a project done.
    Not posting from my own name? Did you just not understand what I stated above that I wasn't familiar with the HAMB and I only grower on an account my buddy made because it was the only way I could use the search feature. He never used the account and it just became used by me.

If I start a new account on my own and have this same conversation again am I still a " poser"?

17. Slick bastard

Slick bastard

Seems like alot of you are just not understanding me. It's Not a matter of me not having testicals, or shit or get off the pot. Maybe some of you haven't read the whole thing.

I HAVE contacted the shop and let them know I am unhappy with the deal I HAVE asked for a refund. I know that the hotrod world is relatively small and tight knit. I came on here to see what the respectable thing to do was in the opinion of REAL HOTRODDERS.

Some of you are telling me shit like go take out his knees or go scare him with a gang of friends like we are going to whoop his ass . ....that's dumb that just makes shit worse and I still probably won't have a frame or money back..

If reading the thread is a waste of time it's a waste of time for you to add your opinions to it. Some of you talking about wasted time have posted on here several times.

All I wanted to do is see what real car guys thought would be correct treatment to the shop that's owned by a real car guy.
    Not giving his name isn't me trying to let anyone else get screwed is me not throwing the guy under the bus YET. like I said 5 times now I asked 24 hours ago for advice to further my reasoning with them. Now I got the advice to reason with. If the outcome is in my favor no reason to bash the guy. I would just post on here that it was settled. But if the dude is told about this thread and still won't make the business right then it's time for him to be exposed....
    I didn't make the thread to scare him. That idea wasn't in my head until several of you suggested that.

18. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Your a poser because nothing about you seems real to me. Using a friends account? You sure seem to know how to post so you should be able to start your own account. So yeah in my eyes your a poser. I have wasted too much of my time on you & your useless thread. As others have stated GROW A SET OF BALLS and go get your stuff. If any of this is even true. And if you started your own account at least you wouldn't be POSING as your friend so that would make you a little less of a poser but a poser none the less.:mad:

19. Slick bastard

Slick bastard

Ok, you're right.

20. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

$5300.00 for this???.....Dude you got corn holed so hard here!...If I were you I would delete all my comments and Never tell this story again!...Holy shit!!...I don't even know what to say now, I do not believe you are being honest with us, As No reputable shop whould charge $5300.00 for something like that. I am outta here!

21. Slick bastard

Slick bastard

Believe me, I feel screwed on it. I'm not proud to be screwed like this so I promise you it's not made up

22. Slick bastard

Slick bastard

Here is the portion of the email that confirms that they were charging me 5300. Y'all saw the pic of the frame too

(Here is my game plan for your frame.
    1.Get the frame where it is now for 5300 to 5500. Frame welded grinded smooth, along with customized feature along bottom front. (Normally charge 6,000 for frame without customization.) )

23. Slick bastard

Slick bastard

Reading that part I just copy and pasted from the quote they gave me makes me feel even worse.I forgot that they "normally" charge more for a more basic frame than what I got

24. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Yes, I have read all 7 pages of this now "turning into BULLSHIT" thread.If you have the talent to build that frame you just sold, and you claim that the car you have is something special, why would you want someone else to fuck it up. Did you ever see this shop and his work actually in progress?? The strongest item in the photo of your $5300 frame are the C-CLAMPS. That thing is being built on a 1x1" tubing frame maybe strong enough to paint parts on. If you ever get it completed, you damn sure better check for SQUARE, TWISTS and ALIGNMENT before going any further.Bad on top of bad!!!

25. Slick bastard

Slick bastard

The car I have isn't anything special it's just special to me. I wasn't planning to pay someone to fuck it up I was paying them to build it in a way that was beyond my capabilities. I wasn't expecting what they try to give me. I woulda just made that myself. I never did see the builder in the process of building anything prior to the deal being made i have only seen finished products he claimed to have done all the work on....after making the deal I did hang around a few times and watch him build stuff and it was top notch. Like I say i think I just got unlucky with my transaction

26. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Game plan?? Get the frame to where it is now??, and he can't deside whether to stick you for $5300 or $5500?? He left out the part about the VASOLINE!! How much for that???

27. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

What is the custom feature along the bottom front?

28. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

That's where he is going to hang his balls he never uses anymore.:D

29. Slick bastard

Slick bastard

It was supposed to a wedge shape piece of tube to make the frame rails taper from wide at the firewall to a thinner diameter tube at the front.

30. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Man, I do not even Know what to say here, One thing that pisses me off Is, I work my ass off to turn out a nice product for alot less than that, And guys like you hand out stupid money like that, For Shit like you have pictured.......Oh well, I guess I am just jealious,.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.