Register now to get rid of these ads!

235 with dual straights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 58chevrolet, Jan 11, 2013.

1. 58chevrolet

58chevrolet

I am going to run dual straights on my 235 and am wondering what size sounds best and im thinking of dumping the exhaust out each side in front of the back tires in 2in with 2.5 to 3in tips how will this sound? its on a longbox 58 apache with a four speed i would like to be kinda rappy with popping?
    i did this on my car with a 383 and loved it and i wish i wouldn't have moved it to the back but i had purple hornies on it too.

2. SlickRick83

SlickRick83
    from merced

On my '54 I ran 2" pipes all the way out the back with 2" tips, I think that gives it the best sound. Plus having a manual trans helps alot with the rapping and popping you will be looking for.

3. when i had my 216 in my chev i had 1.5" pipes on it coming out the back. one straight pipe and one 12" glass pack. the sound was great and had a nice rap when coasting down with the powerglide.