Register now to get rid of these ads!

1964 Pontiac Limo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Classicdodges, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Classicdodges

Classicdodges
    from .

This ride will be sweet, once I get it in the spring.
    Anyone ever seen one like this before?

Attached Files:

2. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

i saw a same era buick with the limo type roof treatment just like that couple years ago its sure a nice ride

3. Never seen one before,,funeral car or airport limousine? HRP

4. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

its my screensaver now! thanks

5. Classicdodges

Classicdodges
    from .

I read on these cars and most of them were private Limousines, could of been sold to funeral home to for transportation. I wont know though tell I do more research once it comes home in the spring.
    Welcome. :)

6. F&J

F&J

Yes, in the later 60's in Vernon, CT. I think it was owned by a cop, as it was always parked at the P.D. It was Black, same rear door treatment, and looks like the same year.

7. Mr Mayo

Mr Mayo
    from Huff, ND

The roofline leads me to believe it is a Superior conversion. This ad is for a 1963 model, but very similar to yours:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  8. I haven't seen one like that but im intrigued. What are your plans for it?

9. Looks like a superior to me also. Love those professional cars.

10. Classicdodges

Classicdodges
    from .

Supposedly there were only 11 of them built and if that is so I Located three counting mine.
    Only problem is one of the three is a parts car.
    So no clue how many more are out there.

11. Classicdodges

Classicdodges
    from .

I plan on restoring it and use it as a show car. No use on putting it to business use or even doing any custom work. It's a beauty as it is. Probably is a Superior Couch Built

12. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

I worked for a coachbuilder that bought out Armbruster-Stageway in Ft. Smith, Arkansas. They used to build all kinds of airport limos - multi-door stretch people movers. I have tons of old pics of these cars, mainly from the '60's like this. I need to scan them all someday.

13. Deuces

Deuces

Needs more doors....;)

14. does it have a divider window?

15. Classicdodges

Classicdodges
    from .

No divider window in it.

16. Neat car! Best bet would be to get in touch with Pontiac Historical Services.Supply them with a VIN and for a nominal fee they can research the vehicle for you.I don't have their contact info but if you contact POCI(Pontiac Owners Club International)they will have it.

17. does it always look like it was blue? seams like a strange color for a private limo, or funeral car maybe a fleet limo service.

18. Classicdodges

Classicdodges
    from .

I wont know tell I get the car home for the vin number and the color codes

19. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

For some reason, several 1962-1966 Pontiac limousines have resurfaced in the last few months. They are neat cars and real uncommon.

20. Nitro-Nicky

Nitro-Nicky

You mention that you plan on restoring it to show original, yet in your 'other' matching post you asked for ideas of what to do with it???? Are you just pulling legs?

I thought the prior idea of making it into a gasser is an incredible idea, if you don't wish to restore it. If you are going to make it back to 'classic', the idea of retro-fitting a glass divider is also a good idea, and not hard to fabricate, given all the premade motorized rear truck windows made today- that would add an extra touch of class...
    Nitro-Nicky

21. Classicdodges

Classicdodges
    from .

I would like to do original but that is just what I have planned tell I bring it home. Once I start everything might change. I was thinking of adding a divider myself.