Register now to get rid of these ads!

Business Idea:

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by c-10 simplex, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

This thread is inspired by the recent, "Bad business....or is it me?" thread.

Here is a business idea where i feel everyone involved can benefit not just financially--for the businesses involved, but psychologically/spiritually---for the customers AND businesses involved.

i propose sort of a "H.A.M.B. administration:" (it does not have to be called this, but just go with me for a moment)

1) The administration identifies shops and categorizes them based on areas of specialty----i.e., engine, body, suspension etc.

2) The administration then identifies which shops are reputable based on skill/competency level in their area of expertise. And based on integrity, timeliness in work completion and maybe also shop cleanliness and whether they are an a-hole or not. This may take sending a few customers to find this out?

What happens is that the shops don't get paid directly by the customer---the customer pays the administration, the administration directs the customer to the shop, the administration pays the shop.

Of course the administration takes a percentage cut, but i feel everyone wins out---the decent shops get more business---which would be deserved and best of all the customer gets his car done right and in a reasonable amount of time.

The administration handles everything---the money and making sure the work is done in an expedient and professional manner. The administration gets it's cut from all the above plus making sure the paperwork is right to insure the work is done on time and right.

i think this is an excellent idea which i'm putting on the table and letting anyone who wants it to give it a go; i'm not interested due to too many other things on my plate.

But you could do it and you MUST do it.

P.S. i personally would not mind paying a little extra above and beyond what i would pay by approach a shop directly---and taking my chances with them based just on luck of the draw vs. knowing the job will get done right and on time.

2. I 'm sure you put a lot of thought in this thread but I am afraid it ain't gonna survive! HRP

[​IMG]

3. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

'splain

4. dt50chev

dt50chev

We have the HAMB O Dex. Gives a place where businesses can advertise their services and HAMB members can provide feedback. Helps to keep people honest and gets the word out about the shops/businesses that excel in their area of expertise. We really don't need a middleman between the people and the businesses.

5. Fenders

Fenders

and if the customer does not get his car done right and in a reasonable amount of time does he sue the shop or the administration?

6. Explanation,,,and I really couldn't have said it any better.

Also,,becoming a member of the Alliance gives members more security and bring listed as a Alliance vendor does not necessarily guarantee you a safe transaction it does incress your odds of a better outcome. HRP

7. Another one of your Hypothetical Suggestions that doesn't seem to be thought out well at all. ;) Sorry, but that plan will NEVER fly.

8. the other me

the other me

damn, that timer is making me sleepy....been watching it now for about 8 minutes.....

9. Another thought,,why have you not filled out your profile,,if I had something for sale and looked at your profile I would be leery

I realize you have been a member for over 3 years. HRP

10. LAROKE

LAROKE

PayPal called . . . They want their business plan back.

11. deto

deto

Cheese and Rice man... the LAST thing we need is another "administration" sticking its nose into our hobby. Close this thread before somebody from the government gets the idea that all the hot rod shops should register with an administration that "takes a cut".

12. raidmagic

raidmagic

Hey that's what general contractors do.

13. the other me

the other me

Damn near half an hour.......

14. His profile page just says,,,,UNDISCLOSED" for location....NOTHING else filled out....
    It also shows him to be viewing this thread now...

15. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I poop too much.

16. deto

deto

I remember a thread on here that was started by a guy that was a member for 5 minutes. The thread basically said "hey guys wouldn't it be a good idea to volunteer to have our cars inspected by the DOT"

It only took us about 2 minutes to go bat shit and burn him at the digital stake...

Silly government drone.

Its official. I just high jacked this thread...

17. belair

belair

My cat's name is Mittens.

18. deto

deto

I would like to meet your cat. I like cats. I like mittens. Lets make this happen.

19. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

My cat needs mittens...

Attached Files:

20. We don't have a cat,,but we have a rabbit,,his name is Jack,,he likes to leave little jelly beans all over the place. :eek: HRP

21. Please, take more responsibility away from me! The world is so big, and shiny, and scary! I'm not following you on this one man. Then again, I prefer to control my own cash, and business transactions. IF, for any reason, my vehicle were to find its' way in to a shop that wasn't holding up to their end of the deal, I think I could handle it on my own.

22. metalshapes

metalshapes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.