Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods :::Another model a build by HILTON:::

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by eastcoast57, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Looking good !...please tell all I said ,''Hey''.........Littleman

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Looking good bud, you guys do such nice work!

My only suggestion and it's not worth shit because you guys definitely have your head in the right space is I'd like to see the spreader bar 1.5-2" closer to the body (maybe with a Satan Coupe style push bar?). Also as common as it is to mount the license plate and tail lights on the rear tail panel I think with this thing being as nasty as it is they probably should go there. Maybe '37 Desoto/Chrysler tail lights?

Also if you desired to carry through with the Desoto thing, I have '53 Desoto taillights and a laser cut panel to splice them into that '36 Dash like I did on my '35.

This is all me just thinking out loud though. I have the upmost faith I'll be blown away with the end result. Can't wait to see it!!!!

3. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Lookin good Tyler. See you guys out there.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. JJ- We are gonna stick with the stock guages... they are just too nice. Went back and looked at your thread with your guages. They do look killer though! As far as the spreader bar, I can see where youre coming from. I thought the same at first. Now that we have had it outside and ive studied the lines of the frame kick and where it ends up, i think im cool with where its sitting. Without the stock bottom band with the stock plate mounting holes. I always dug the way Brian (Bass) ended up letting his spreader bar ride after he removed the deuce tank from his hybrid A coupe. I would like to drill and sleeve the bar though!

Pushed outside, started takin some looks with a split 36 driveshaft for Matt to build us another great set of straight torque tube driveshaft headers..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TH

5. updates updates

Drip rail repair..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    trunk all metal finished and done

[​IMG]

body pulled off of frame, beginning to do all the under carriage welding and sheet metal finishing..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Body is coming to Cincinnati this week to start paint process by Brandon. Cavalcade indoor show is this coming weekend, so I will be busy with vintage race cars and artwork at the show. Coming along quick!

TH

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

C'mon dude, this is too fucking nice!!!! Everything so clean!!! I hear ya on all points and I agree. If I were seeing it in person I probably would punch myself in the mouth for saying anything. :) Engine looks killer.

7. Hogdriver

Hogdriver
    from VA

Bob,
    Nice work on the underside as well. That shop not only is clean it looks warm too.
    Hah! But seriously nice work. I will drop by tomorrow for a cup o joe and to look it all over. Keep up the nice work.

8. Just to clear some things up, the drip rail picture posted above was to show the extra length that had to be fabricated because of using the longer model a sedan doors..

T. Hilton

9. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Looks killer Tyler! See you this weekend brotha!

10. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Impressive sheet metal work!

11. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

12. cant wait to have this old whore up here for assembly... I only really get off any more on race cars and fuel engines that i work on. but godamn sometimes a really good hot rod just makes it work for me. Heading to austin in the spring, no better way to break er in than a 2000 mile drive ha ha.
    Headin to the big end, chutes burned off and halon bottles sprayin....

TH

13. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

Lookin good cant wait to see it

14. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

15. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

Wow - very cool ride.

Is the roof a bit proud on the left there - or is it just the photo?

[​IMG]

16. fryguy

fryguy

One sweet ride!

Fryguy

17. Stuwillys

Stuwillys

Great work! Looking forward to seeing it in Detroit.

18. Hogdriver

Hogdriver
    from VA

No proud roofs on this build...just a really well thought out and executed hot rod. I only wish I had the skill and patience to build something so nice. If anything there is a proud builder with a car sitting on some non level ground. Seeing this thing is believing. It leaves you wishing and wanting when you see it.

19. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

Is this mike Paul's old car,I watched his build thread and always wondered what happened to it?Very clean work can't wait to see it black.

20. brandon

brandon

Bob ready to put some dow'd no windows on it yet?

21. great job on this coupe !

the chop is a bit rad for me but love the result :cool:
    just a question about the gas tank, do you gonna use the stock one ?

22. Steadfast mfg

Steadfast mfg

Mr. Hilton is a true Badass !

23. brandon

brandon

Heard its done been to the trunk shop.....:D

24. ::UPDATES::

--------------------------------------------

Left off last week, i am back in Cincinnati, my old man is in Virginia finishing up the chassis. Last weekend was CAVALCADE indoor show here in cincy, so i was busy striping for the charity auction, watching over the race car i had in the survivors alley portion, and generally having a good time. The old man showed up thursday from VA for the weekend, with the finished body on the trailer for our painter Brandon to get started on. On the way to Brandon's, they stopped off with the body and seat frame at The Canvas Shop where our upholsterer Ray Ray (the rainman) to fit the seat frame to the body width and start carving some foam.

Heres Ray at his shop in Beechmont doing some carving..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got done there, and off to Brandon's across the river to deliver the steel.

Here he is smiling, because maybe this time it wont take five pounds of mud before paint! ha ha
    [​IMG]

25. So, cavalcade weekend ended, great time, raised some money at the pinstriping auction, etc. Old man leaves and heads back to VA, making stops at Ross Racing Engines and Steadfast MFG. on the way, but thats another story..

He's cookin on finishing up the rolling chassis, so here are some pictures.

Heres the roller, with the fabbed up headlight bars bolted on with deuce lights down low.. the "look"..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some ford truck shock mounts, with some sleeves he turned down to be welded within the frame rail.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

tacked in the rails,,
    [​IMG]

Another after being heated and bent shot
    [​IMG]

Some shots of the rear shock mounts, with the ford wishbone style mount
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the center tubing cross member that was fabricated from scratch..
    [​IMG]

tacked together..note the ladder bars ..
    [​IMG]

26. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

In the sea of over done,fake riveted ,over engineered chassis ,this True hot rod stands out.attention in exactly the right places.this will truly be one bad assed hot rod when done.looks killer.

27. Simple functional form wins every time... We completely agree.

28. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Oh good lord......that will never work.

Great work.

Sent from my iHotRod

29. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

30. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Really impressive. Like the headlights, mounting, and location. Guess what I want on mine????