Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs New Kustom Paint, Old Kustom Flavor Thanks to Finkd for making my car kool

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travisfromkansas, Jan 6, 2013.

1. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks!

I'll pass on the Astros, the purpose of kustoms is to be different :) Jeff already has them on his beautiful 63 Galaxie. They look fantastic but I always like to swerve a bit from what others have done.

I'm really proud of the work Jeff did on these wheels!

2. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Hopefully the new alternator shows up tomorrow so I can get it on this weekend!

3. Orn

Orn

I really like it! Nice work.

4. Lookin' good Travis. Always dug on Watson style panels and scallops and yours is no exception. Can't wait to drip some hamburger grease all over it!:D

5. ryno

ryno

I've got a brand new power master alt sitting in the shop, if you need it for now? Just say the word and I'll ship it tomorrow

6. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That looks absolutely sick! What a sweet paint job! Great work!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks!

Thanks Ryno, I have a new alt on the way here, should be here today or tomorrow. If not I have a couple of spare generators and a spare regulator that I can try just to get through the Starbird-Devlin car show weekend.

Thanks!

8. Long Roof Larry

Long Roof Larry

9. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks!

10. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

No new alternator yet but I've got backup plans if it doesn't make it here in time for the show next weekend.

11. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Really nice, Travis ! Will see you with it in Salina ! Jeff's work is ALWAYS spot-on !

My 3rd car was a solid red '63 Galaxie 500 Hd.Tp. (Formal Roof) with a 390. I eMailed Jeff some pix of it a few years back when we first met.

They are cool rides...and with Jeff's paint work, yours will ride "cooler" now too !

Best to you, my friend,

Jonnie www.legend.thewwbc.net

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  12. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thank you so much my friend! Yes I will see you in Salina for sure! The paint turned out so well that I wish I could have taken it down to bare metal because it will break my heart to sand it down some day to fix the metal under it. Jeff did a fantastic job with a pretty rough canvas. She's not a perfect car but that fits me just fine.

See you at a show,
    Travis

13. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Bad ass dude. Proper 60s. With striping around the panels will look amazing. What color is it gonna be?
    Not too sure about the bellflowers. May i suggest pencil tips out back?
    Not that is goin to look bad, but i see bellflowers fitting only on severly slammed cars, just my 1 cent :)

Anyways, do a search for Jim/James Boyd 63 Galaxie, you'll be amazed! It was painted by Watson around 65 in shades of red. Its not exactly similar per se, but its the first car that i thought of after seein yours. Kustomrama should have a page for it btw, but if you cant find it let me kno, i should have it saved sumwhere.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  14. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks Bonez!

I'm not set 100% on the bellflowers, for the reason you mentioned. On the cars that were much lower than mine they looked better than on the cars that like mine were lower but not slammed.

I'd seen Jim Boyd's Galaxie before hand, really great looking ride.

For those that haven't seen it, here's a link for you.

15. what alternator are you going with? i am doing the research for my 64 right now.car looks great btw i followed on istagram as well.

16. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I ordered a Tuff Stuff brand alt from my buddy Chris at Chaotic Customs in Mulvane, KS. I believe its a model 7068 if my memory serves. I'll test fit it on my spare engine as soon as it shows up and see what it takes to get it installed.

17. bb1970

bb1970

Looks great Travis. I love 63 Galaxies. You got a great looking car there. Hope to see you around in 2013.

18. Moedog07

Moedog07

That's sharp. Would you consider putting Chrome Reverse wheels on it?

19. servi53

servi53

great work and results, dig it

20. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks!

Thanks! Maybe when the car is redone in a few years but until the paint changes, these steels are staying on the car. I understand that not everyone will dig them but that's why we have kustoms :)

Thanks!

21. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Personally, i dig ''faded'' wheels a whole lot.

22. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Yeah I like them, I like the look and the fact that nobody else will ever have a set exactly like them. Kustom painted and unique.

23. while it looks good with the red panels, i personnelly like it better in the first pic you posted just needed raised up abit @3 inches in the rear

24. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Well it does take all kinds!

25. ryno

ryno

That makes alott of sense. Ya drunk?

26. no i dont drink are you drunk? i said i like how it looks in the first pic all it needed was to be raised up abouit 3 inches in the rear

27. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I get it, I'm not into the 70's style at all but like I said, it does take all kinds ;) I think Ryno was just playing with ya a bit.

28. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Looks good man, I always admire Jeff's work. Call me crazy but I think the old Cragars would look good with the new paint work. Either way I dig what you've got going on sir. You bringing it to the Round up ?

29. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

That is the plan! If I can get the alternator on & new radiator in I am good to go!

30. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

So does this mean your not gonna park in the back row anymore at Grease-a-ramma. Looks good.