Register now to get rid of these ads!

found a yard sale today 26-27 T's in okie land

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by truckncoupe, May 19, 2009.

1. joel torres

joel torres

guys if you go north on the map and go right on hepler dr there are cars on the dead end like a mini junk yard

paste this 35.423380, -97.349711

2. joel torres

joel torres

another one? 35.417474,-97.356178
    man looking at all the land i would love to sell my house and move down there i bet you guys can ride your quads all over
    here we have to drive to upstate or another state to ride ours

3. Larry T

Larry T

Bunch of nice guys here. Everything from wishing a stack of frames would fall on him and kill him to talk of stealing his stuff.
    If you can't (or aren't willing to) buy his stash, go start your own. I'm pretty sure that's what he probably did.
    Larry T

4. SOHC427

SOHC427

What a great collection... His stuff, his prices, I hate seeing it just waste away, like that, too.

5. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I'm bumping for the night crew.

6. It IS his to do with as he wishes. If he sells to you, cool. If not, move on to a willing buyer. Pretty simple, really.

7. screwball

screwball

It would be fun to show up in a glass T bucket talk to him and ask if he has any glass Ts as they dont rust out like the crap on his lawn.

8. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Wow, I had heard about that yard, always assumed it was a local urban legend and never even persued it.

Never made the connection of the story and the owner till now either. Met him at chickasha one year, and he started mouthing me infront of a group of people that I apparently DIDNT have a model T since i didnt know the difference between a 26 and 27. I politely told him to go fuck himself and walked off.:mad::mad: Had 2 or 3 strangers come up to me later and said I shouldnt have been quite so freindly about it:D

9. abone1930

abone1930

Damn, only 60, might have to wait another 30 yrs for the stuff :D, At least he weedeates around the bodys :D

10. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Every town has one. This guy just has more stuff than most. Wonder if he has any real accomplishments?

11. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

So, Ken, what happened with the 37 Plymouth? A 37 Plymouth in the hand is worth more than 100 Model T's behind the fence

12. davidh73750

davidh73750

sounds like a guy I know who has 2 55 posts. Neither have been running in years. He Can barely keep his electric on. Drinks to falling down drunk nightly. I waved a envelope of cash in his face and he stopped for a minute but still no dice. Thinks Chip Foose will give him 8K per car. There he is past out in his vehicle.:eek: Tried to explain that if he sold one he could fix the other

Attached Files:

13. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

WOW. I would take at least two of those Ts.

14. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

15. 117harv

117harv

Interesting thread, if nothing else those are some great pictures.

Has anything changed?

16. 4psi

4psi

The only thing that has changed is the weather. We had a few earthquakes in 2012, but ALL the rusted cars are still sitting out in the weather unprotected. I pass by it every morning on the way to work and I don't even bother to look in that direction anymore.

17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Now, THAT is some funny shit.:D A crap load of Model T's and uses them to tease car guys. You have to admire evil in it's purest form.

18. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Holy T-hoarder Batman! That is cool!

19. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Apparently at least 76
    people do! :rolleyes:

20. seen our local t builder at his shop and stoped yesterday he had a block in the back of his truck, full circle crank with welded on counterweights
    also had a aluminum timing gear that aint stock

he puts a chev cam gear on the front of the t cam and makes a aluminum housing to put a 4 cyl chev dist in

hes always changeing something on his intake or exhaust runs a downdraft and header

proably cranking 80 hp on his t is my guess

he usually sells at Chickashay

i bought a model a with a bud from him when we were in high school so hes a lot older than me
    and having way more fun than me

21. Funny how when I find T stuff I usually can't give it away for scrap even if it's decent. Judging by this thread I should have a line of guys willing to give me market price on it.

22. Ill go knock on the guys door with a trailer and cash in hand if hes selling!

23. Please take no offense to what I'm going to reveal here and I like that you're trying to get your cars out to the rest of us but there are two detrimental conditions when people see your cars...

First is that they are on the far right coast and with the high cost of fuel it tends to increase the shipping costs significantly and put's the price past the tipping point.

The other is that 98% of New England cars are rusted to "potato chip" condition... not quite like the stuff found in the south or west of the "Rust Belt".

I personally have worked with the worst of the worst from Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, and Indiana but only because they were at "give away" prices and close... but I found that people will pony up for a car farther away if the body were in better condition or extremely rare.

These are just my observations and may or may not reflect the rest of the members on this board... again I love that you find these cars and offer them on this board but these are the factors that could affect the sale.:cool:

24. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

Goldmine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

This is a common case of supply and demand, he has the supply, and demands a premium, case closed. Pay what he wants or continue bitching about it, I don't think he cares either way.

26. 34Flatty

34Flatty

T's arent my favorite, but I sure would like to live next door...that is just an amazing sight!

27. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

what a plethora of possibilites for a model T junkie!

28. hemifalcon

hemifalcon

anyone notice this thread was revived yesterday and it was last posted on before that in 2009???

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yes, because the cars are still there.

30. junkman8888

junkman8888

Greetings! Have to share a David Baker story. Years ago I was waiting in line to get a swap meet space at Chickasha and this guy walks up to the truck, knocks on the window and asks if I have any model T parts. I informed him I didn't but mentioned David Baker might have what he was looking for and the moment his name came out of my mouth this stranger started swearing a blue streak in Norwegian. After he calmed down enough to talk in English I learned he and some other European model T enthusiasts had already suffered through what I refer to as "The David Baker Experience" so the people of Europe are aware of him as well.