Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Help in Albuquerque/Son's Truck stolen

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nitro-Nicky, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Nitro-Nicky

Nitro-Nicky

My Foster Son had his 2002 Dodge 1500 stolen a couple days before Christmas right out of the driveway. The police have recovered it, but it was partially stripped.

He's freaked out and frozen up inside as two months 'afore his wife took off with another guy (a local cop).

What I'm hoping is that maybe someone can help him install a new set of battery cables? The theives didn't just steel the battery, they bolt cut through the wires about a foot down into the engine bay.

Also, he's going to need someone to help him pick up a set of wheels and tires once he locates a replacement set. Mostly he just needs someone with a few basic wrenches to stand there and guide him thru switching things out in a timely fashion so he can make it back to work and not loose his new job.

He's a really great kid who keeps getting up no matter what life throws at him. His bio parents tossed him away as a small child in trade for drugs and such. He has always wanted to learn, but sometimes gets locked up/frozen up due to self image issues. I am just too far away to help, being in North California.

His ex took the insurance money for his truck by canceling the policy and having them issue a refund to her the very month before this. Which we didn't find out till we reported the truck stolen.

My Son has the funds to purchase a new set of battery cables but lacks the tools & knowledge to replace them.
    Can anyone in our community assist with a kid whose trying to grow up and give back??? Thanks, Nitro-Nicky (My phone Number 707.820.8134)

[​IMG]

He recently started a new job working at the local county Juvenile Hall and had to miss 5 days of work because he lives 35 or so minutes away from there.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  2. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I'm sure if he opens the hood he should be able to figure it out..Cables are not to hard to change out..What does that picture have to do with the story?I'm a little confused here...

3. Nitro-Nicky

Nitro-Nicky

Please don't be confused Eddie; It's my 1960 El Camino and I'm just so happy to see her this weekend.

As for the Kid- Some people are mechanically minded, some are not. Apparently the Positive (+) has several connections running in and around the wiring harness, which froze him up, then someone scared him worse by talking about ruining internal computers.
    Sometimes these younger ones just need someone with a box of tools to stand there and give them confidence when he knows he can't dare miss one more day of work.

Thanks for checking in though! Nitro

4. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Ok I hear yah...Well hopefully everything works out for him ..

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, you can't help him or have friends to help out or pay a shop to fix it for him?

6. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Ahhhhhhh???... Good luck man! Hope things turn around for him.
    Jay

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  7. Nitro-Nicky

Nitro-Nicky

He moved there from here to get away from his actual blood family members who revolve their living days days over How much family is in jail at one time. When I got him, he didn't know how to brush his teeth, carry on a normal conversation and had little to none schooling. His step-dad constantly rode his ass and used him as a punching bag.Often when he was asleep.
    I got him out of a group home for emotionally comprimised kids and had to teach him how to brush his teeth, get real haircuts, Understand the science of laundry, washing hands each day, etc. Now, moving away a couple years ago and sticking it with it all on his own Has been Great! If I could fly down there myself with a handful of simple tools, that would be great! But apparently not available for my work week. That's why I thought Of this board here. He's got the funds, the garage. Nitro-Nicky

8. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Man I hope someone close can help him out. Good luck!

9. I believe the title of the post may contain a real big hint......

10. Surely someone knows someone in Albequerque they could contact in
    this young man's behalf. I shopped around and found one member..sent
    him an email and a PM.....if he happens to see either one.

11. daddio211

daddio211

If I were close I'd be all over this. I'm a sucker for helping less fortunate people who WILL help themselves.

Lot of good people on this board, I'm sure someone will step up.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

12. Diavolo

Diavolo

I'm close but I won't be able to lend a hand until Wednesday afternoon. I will help then if someone else doesn't join in but I just can't get free until Wednesday. I hope somebody can help before, would suck to lose a job after all the other stuff that's happened.

13. bttt....for a good cause

14. jstanotheidiot

jstanotheidiot

15. Diavolo

Diavolo

16. metal man

metal man

Wish I could help.... bump.

17. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

18. dad-bud

dad-bud

Sorry to hear this happened.
    I hope someone will be able to help the young guy and show him some skills.
    It sounds like he needs his foster-dad, but if he isn't able to get there, hopefully someone from here can spare a little bit of time.
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers.

19. Tacho

Tacho

One of those kids at the Juvie Hall could probably get it done. Some of them have a knack of getting things fixed or disassembled..could be the reason they are there...dunno. Just make sure its supervised..

20. GeoZ1

GeoZ1
    BANNED
    from Illinois

Putting this up top for the kid.

21. Nitro-Nicky

Nitro-Nicky

Thanks guys; it is now arranged! (And you know who you are!!!)
    Nitro-Nicky

22. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Just ran across this thread. Unfortunatley I have to run down to the southern part of the state for the rest of the week. If he doesnt get it handled by the weekend, let me know and I can lend a hand

Bobby

23. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Glad to see its handled. good group of people on here

24. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

X2 Good to hear someone was able to help a guy out...:D

25. Nitro-Nicky

Nitro-Nicky

Yes; It was really uncomfortable feeling so helpless from being so far away. He's such a good kid too. If he hadn't of had such a damaging early childhood to deal with, he would have spent more time with me at the tracks & car shows. Rarely have I ever met a kid who worked thru his personal demons as hard as him, so I like to make sure he knows his back is covered a little more than the other kids growing into adulthood.

So again, thank you for everyone who checked in and the couple folks who made it happen! He drove to work in it finally today and was really elated (and had more insurance coverage now)! Nitro-Nicky

26. daddio211

daddio211

Good to hear some HAMBers helped out. Good people here!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

27. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Glad to hear he got it handled