Register now to get rid of these ads!

'53-'54 Chevy back glass.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tfeverfred, Jan 9, 2013.

1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

A friend has asked me to help remove the back glasss from a '53-'54 Chevy he was told about. Is it held in by a rubber gasket or can it be cut out with a regular glass removal tool. Glass guys will know tthe tool I'm refering to.

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

3. Bcchooligan

Bcchooligan
    from Mass

Ive taken a few out and what I dis was take a utility knife and cut the part of thw rubber that is exposed past thw stainless trim.....after that just start to pry gently and push fron thevinside out

4. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

There is a rubber gasket holding in the rear glass. Just cut lip with a blade and remove glass. If the trim is still in you'll have to work window out so you don't damage the trim. It's easy so you shouldn't have a hard time.

5. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Yeah, rubber gasket. I usually cut THE gasket from The inside of The car. THE part of The rubber overlapping The window opening flange around it. THE upper Corner trim pieces are held in with a bolt that has to be undone on The inside as well. If needed The belt moulding ca. Be loosened up easily too from in The trunk. Its an easy job, bring a sharp utility knife. Good luck

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus