Register now to get rid of these ads!

free 50's beach crusier to a kid my way of paying it foward

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tylersloan, Jan 6, 2013.

1. tylersloan

tylersloan
    from baytown tx

got a 26 in 50's style beach cruiser painted black with red scallops has working head light and tail light comes with a extra Western flyer seat .

reason im doing this is to make a kid smile its not much and if we need to move it to the classifieds feel free all i ask is you pick up and show progress pictures if the kid wrenches on the bike .

Attached Files:

2. Good karma points coming your way!:) HRP

3. tylersloan

tylersloan
    from baytown tx

thank you HRP i know there is some kid that deserves a cool bike for the swap meets hell if a few HAMB members can help ill ship the thing also just ask for help for shipping .
    i would pay for it myself but im in a bad bind my job cut my hours and im about four steps away from being homeless and as i catch up on bills i also have to buy me and my wife winter clothes because we really have none .

4. ratster

ratster

this is why i dig the HAMB members. wtg!

5. Beachcomber

Beachcomber
    from Phoenix,AZ

bump, way kool!

6. Well maybe someone will write one of the mods and ask for a sticky but until then I'll give you a little leg up.

No kids here I am afraid, some day I wish there were and others I am glad that there are not. My friend you are fixin' to make someone smile.

7. tylersloan

tylersloan
    from baytown tx

thank you all i don't have any kids of my own have god kids nieces and nephews its not a name brand bike like Schwinn JC Higgins but its still old school kool ...... maybe the kid who gets this should post up a build thread of him rebuilding/enjoying the bike for us to see that would be sweet ! Ryan or any other mod please sticky this to the top

8. Yeah, Western Flyer has only built bikes since 1909. FNGs!!!

9. tylersloan

tylersloan
    from baytown tx

the bike is NOT Western flyer i promise that the extra seat is the bike has no markings on the frame and it looks like a newer bike from the 70's 80's i built many old bikes as a kid i know em all ....... well most of em :cool:

10. Good Guy Bump

Five Stars

Jim

11. tylersloan

tylersloan
    from baytown tx

bike is gone to a good kid named Tyler funny same as mine the person that contacted me told me the story about the kid and it sounded like me at his age dammit think some one cut a onion my eyes watered a little
    i asked the guy to post the story of the kid he wants to be a welder and the guy that pm me works in a body shop in Houston
    any one want to donate parts to the rebuild ? lets get this kid a really bitchin bike !

EDIT: guy has to talk to the kid to see if he wants it and said kid has to do the work on the bike i talked to the HAMB member on the phone tonight and he will let me know ASAP

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  12. wizzard23

wizzard23

Good job, Mr. Sloan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. tylersloan

tylersloan
    from baytown tx

thank you Wizzard23 i just want some one to have fun with this bike and love it like i did as a teen

14. Billy_Bottle_Caps

Billy_Bottle_Caps

15. Big Bad Buzzard

Big Bad Buzzard

There is still good people in this world! Good things happen to people like you.

16. Awesome! Hope some kid is really happy to get that.

17. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Nice...paying it forward is always a good thing.

18. Beau

Beau

I have TONS of parts and work in a shop. Just PM me needs.

19. yblock292

yblock292

good for you, fun giving stuff away to someone that needs it or deserves it.
    Thanks, jack

20. tylersloan

tylersloan
    from baytown tx

really your willing to donate to this ???? man the HAMB rocks !!!!!

21. Beau

Beau

I had people send me parts on here for free. I could wrangle up some tires and tubes at least.

22. tylersloan

tylersloan
    from baytown tx

that would be sweet the bike needs em price me a set of new rims and bars grips and a neck tube were the bars bolt up ...... im broke as a joke but there rusty and ill need a price for a chain for sure

23. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

You could always show him the magic of vinegar on rusty parts....works well on the auto stuff that he will be applying his new found ambitions.

24. tylersloan

tylersloan
    from baytown tx

that may work well he will need to learn that any way

25. rsluggoboy

rsluggoboy
    from SALINAS CA

Nice job, We need more people like you.

26. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I remember my 1st bike. I was scared my mother would say no. Aunt Mary did my asking for me. I bought it used for $5.00 from western auto. A renegade with a bananna seat. Thanks for the memories of this thread.

27. Beau

Beau

I ran a community bike shop down in Mankato for six years. We made sure everyone had bikes. "Bike For All" was the name. It's now called Key City Bike. People on bicycles are good! I was lucky enough to start racing BMX at age seven. Got a job at a bike shop and rode 18 miles to work when I was 15 years old. This will be my 17th year in the cycling industry. I really like bikes, and think every kid should.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. sololobo

sololobo

Love it man, a bike is the gateway to lovin these cars we worship. Very good thinking. As far as winter clothes go, please be aware of thrift stores to provide nice very inexpensive garmets. Excellent values of quality stuff for very little dough. Also check out your local church and other shelter and rescue business, they usually have a clothing program. It is not a wrong to take advantage of these programs, they are designed for people experincing rough financial times. You have a good soul and you should be rewarded by your giving by recieving on the other end. Best wishes. ~sololobo~

29. tylersloan

tylersloan
    from baytown tx

thanks for all the reply's y'all work is going to pick back up in a few weeks that's what they say any how so my money situation may get better just the next two weeks will be a PITA .
    im going to post up more pictures of the bike maybe one of y'all can I D the bike ?

30. tylersloan

tylersloan
    from baytown tx

UPDATE !!! Tyler decided to take the bike Tyler and High Speed Low Drag are going to pick up the bike weekend after next .