Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hawaii 29 Phaeton Barn Find!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 340HilbornDuster, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Headed to Maui in April pretty sure ill find a hangover

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

A whole bunch of tubs turning up 'round these parts lately, mine included. But yours definitely gets the best location prize. Can't wait to see more...

3. Sure do like that Model A Phaetons are showing up again lately. That is certainly a prize one you found. keeps posted as you build it. Careful though, every HAMBer that vacations in hawaii, will be coming buy to visit, wanting to cruise!;)

4. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

Nice, glad it went to someone on the HAMB.

I was looking at it with some interest for a while but in the end decided my coupe is enough for me right now. Have fun with it and it is definitely channeled.

On another note the tow yard around the corner from me just threw away a Phaeton chassis complete with 16" wires, bumpers and a bunch of other good stuff. Shitty thing is that I inquired about it about a week before they tossed it, to make matters worse there is a second chassis with the same fate about to be bestowed upon it and I am hoping I can this one at least, they came from a property that was being cleaned up.

5. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I guess it is Channeled....I thought Mother nature had something to do with it...
    There's some weird tubing frame/ crappy welding down there...
    And I'm pretty sure they didn't come with Diamond plate flooring...

We'll see when i start to dig in to it.

The front frame horns have steel plates / rust + more crappy welding on them.

But hey, i didn' pay much and I have a Hawaii title for a 1929 Ford Phaeton.

Planing on changing the engine / painting my Duster...selling it = New chassis parts.
    Probably perimeter frame or home made...?

We'll see?

6. uncle buck

uncle buck

Bringing this thread back..... here is a picture of one that never found the barn l saw last time I traveled to Hawaii [​IMG]
    Unfortunately it was getting dark when I took the picture

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app