Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bagging my 53 customline!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1badrat, Jan 23, 2011.

1. 1badrat

1badrat

Does anybody know which c notch to use for my 53? I used to buy all my airride for my modern trucks from suicidedoors.com!! Full-size notch,s-10 notch,??????

2. erock805

erock805

If Im not mistakin....Gambino has a notch for that.

3. DIRTY_WHITE_BOY

DIRTY_WHITE_BOY
    from Tennessee

The Gambino notch worked great for me Gus

4. did ya get her bagged???

5. 1badrats 53 is now in my stable. I am repairing the rust first, then I will decide what modes to make . had to replace the rear wheel well, rear lower fenders and rockers, got the driver side done and blocked 2 times now working on passenger side. Suprisely the floors and roof we solid. Don't know if it will get bagged or just use blocks. I thought i would get it in primer and running first.

6. 1badrat

1badrat

not my new one!! ive started the bag job, got the rear done all it likes is skinned, but i need a disc brake kit for my dropped uprights i just got from jamco! get pics on here soon1 totally rebuilt the lower control arms! and i went ahead and bought the gambino tail dragger! thanks alex!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  7. hvychvy

hvychvy

Put up some pics! :)

8. cain

cain
    from riverside

Jimenez bros customs 90.00 . I also have a new smaller one now.951-781-1268

Attached Files:

9. hvychvy

hvychvy

Nice!

10. 1badrat.......this thing is gonna be SICK !!!!!!!! Can't wait!

11. greasebandit0801

greasebandit0801
    from houston

Gambino notch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. billybadass

billybadass
    from ohio

is that bagged?

13. Call Gambino Kustoms... 408-561-5744

14. 1badrat

1badrat

Thanks fellows but I've had it bagged with the gambino taildragger since December!!!

15. 1badrat

1badrat

I seen the jeminez bros. in ck deluxe!! Very nice setup!!

16. Imperial Kustom

Imperial Kustom

17. I cant wait to see this thing layed out.So im wondering if the S-10 notch you mentioned in your opening post will work ?

18. 1badrat

1badrat

no the s-10 wont work, the 49-53 ford chassis get wider at the rear where the s-10 doesnt, the side peices would work but the top and bottom wouldnt. making one wouldnt be a problem just take up more time! the gambino one is cnc cut for a perfect fit, it turned out nice!

19. no i got the old one side shot and frount with Jamco A-arms 70 tbird spindles and 472 Cadillac mill

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  20. starting down the pass side

[​IMG]

21. and now some primer

[​IMG]

next the rockers

22. 1badrat

1badrat

Please delete this thread!! I sold the car!!

23. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

24. 1badrat

1badrat

That not the customline I bagged Jeff!! Thats one I sold that had too much cancer!! I bought and sold another one that I bagged!! I'll post some pics tonight!!

25. like 1batrat said lots of rust made some progress on the roof sand blasted the inside and out , then patched the worst and leaded the entire drip rail to make sure it is sealed and does not rust again [​IMG]

[​IMG]

treated the inside with rust converter the pore 15 paint now some finish sanding on the roof prime with DuPont URO primer and some blocking and the roof will be done

[​IMG]

sorry for hijacking you thread 1badrat

26. 1badrat

1badrat

It's all good gasser, I would like to see the car come along!!! So keep us posted!!!

27. [​IMG]
    11-21-2012 05:54 PM
    Gasser1

What we do to get a little more room for a larger radiator

Looks like I will be working on mine turkey weekend held up on parts on the customer 67 chevelle

So pulled the motor back out and notched the pan so I could move it back and down for a little extra room at the radiator now need to redo the mounts
    A little cutting

Some welding

some grinding

[​IMG]

A little paint after checking for leaks

[​IMG]

Now put the pan back on and redo the mounts hope to get them done, the dash pulled and sand blast the firewall, door jambs, floor and trunk so I can get the repainted this weekend

found a NOS trunk bird on ebay now just need a hood bird looking at a 50 Cadillac one to go with the motor
    some more progress decide a larger radiator would be necessary with the Cadillac motor this one is 32" wide 17-18" tall it will set a little further forward then the original right on top of the frount cross member was necessary to remove the cross member and modify it with 1x2 tubing

the original one

[​IMG]

now pulled out

[​IMG]

here is a look at where I will cut it so the lower part car be reused this way you can bolt back up the lower shield and the soon to be modified frount sheet metal/core support

[​IMG]

may be hard to make out but the radiator sets on the 1x2 tubing the channel of the radiator laps over both side of the tubing holding the bottom in place
    the skid plate bolt back just like it did from the factory and a modified core support with hold the sheet metal in place thats next time

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here what the new core support looks like 3.5" wide then stock

had to move the motor back and down for fan alignment and clearance

a side shot of the motor ,fan and raidator

[​IMG]

and the new cadillac hood bird

[​IMG]12-25-2012 02:36 PM

Thought the new PS gear box would have been here by now its holding me up on making the headers. Got the dash pulled and door gutted they will get sand blasted along with the firewall, door jambs and frount floor over new years weekend and poss painted depending on the weather

some paint started dash and door trim what can I say Orange
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Should be a easy car to spot in a parking lot

Main body has been blocked the last time if the weather is warm sun 01-13-13 will shoot 1 final coat of primer, shoot the inside jams and firewall trunk Orange and under coat the floor . Then I can install the deadening mat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Decided to go with a 20 gal fuel cell ( will make it easier to install the in tank fuel pump for EFI will weld up the stock filler hole and install a filler tube so it will still fill behind the license plate

Put 3" in side,6"out side so I had a little more ground clearance. I will put a metal floor around the cell on the inside to seal it from the passenger compartment

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Started the dash, waiting on a couple connectors so I can wire it, Used a set of autometer (Ford Gauges) need to know just what the motor is doing to much money and time in the motor to trust the original ones
    Still looking for a tach to fit where the clock goes.

[​IMG]

If every thing goes right will build the 2004R trans next week. All the parts even the billet parts are now here (wow $1500 in parts to build a trans) but it will be built proof

28. 1badrat

1badrat

Lookin good!

29. 1badrat

1badrat

I got a 50 pontiac coupe if ur interested in it as well! Its on here for sale!

30. no got to get this done then the Edsel so will be busy for awhile