Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1950 Chevy 3100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yaidunno, May 4, 2012.

1. 64sled

64sled

I would like to see some detailed photos of that front suspension as you go along there friend :)

2. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

You will want to make a list of all the parts as you go - for maintenance or replacement or the next owner.

Here it is - good looking tank - too wide for my app at 17" wide.

I just installed their poly 49-51 Ford car tank to nest between the '73 frame rails on my '53 COE at 24" wide. Impressed with the quality of TANKS stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Up tight and out of sight...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  3. yaidunno

yaidunno
    from Wisconsin

64sled, here's the latest shot i've got of the suspension. You can see the anti sway bar iv been working on. It'l need some modification but its a start. Turns out 1" DD shaft with two set screws to "pin" it wont be sufficient to handle the torque load applied to the shaft. Im getting a piece of 1" 48 spline sway bar stock and will be modifying the arms to be of a clamping configuration.

[​IMG]

53 COE, thanks for the tip. I do have all the receipts, but didnt have them in front of me at the time. That tank looks like it worked out well for you.

4. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

5. killbilly

killbilly

Man,you are doin some really nice work! the sway bar is looking good,can you show some shots of your front shocks and mounts? I am running the same setup on my 34 Chev. Thanks!

6. killbilly

killbilly

Sorry,I went back and looked at your front suspension pics and there they are,what a dumbass I am!

7. ...very nice work on your truck.

8. Yaidunno, any updates on this build?

9. yaidunno

yaidunno
    from Wisconsin

Simplestone, not a whole lot of noteworthy updates. Been building and restoring some shop equipment lately. I finally chose the color for the build and got some parts painted. Never realized what a chore choosing the right color would be! Heres a shot of the engine.

Thanks for the interest!

Attached Files:

10. Engine looks NICE! Thanks for the update - I'll stay tuned. :)

11. irace2win41

irace2win41

A lot nicer than the one I'm starting with.

Keep us up to date with pictures as you make progress.