Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chassis Engineering Inc - shut down?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swingcatt, Jan 8, 2013.

1. swingcatt

swingcatt

Curious about their status, because their website has been down for days. Would like to order some more parts from them...

2. linechaser32

linechaser32
    from Iowa

Call them on the phone.

3. swingcatt

swingcatt

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Really? It was that hard to pick up a phone and check for yourself? AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

5. swingcatt

swingcatt

Haven't called yet, brother. I don't like to make long distance phone calls on work's tab. I'll call them on my cell during lunch and let you know what I find out. Chill out friend. I just thought someone on the HAMB would know already, and I wouldn't have to pester them.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just called and talked to one of them and he did say that the website was down and is sending me a paper catalog.
    (319) 643-2645 If you don't have the number.

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

It's about time. Their website sucked.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't argue with that. I could never figure out how to maneuver around on it. Maybe I'll be able to figure out the paper catalog when it comes.

9. swingcatt

swingcatt

Thanks Mr48Chev, I got the same. George sounded very aggravated with their web hosting service and told me that every other phone call was about their site. However, they're alive and kickin, which is the important thing. Those guys are great.

Yeah Roothawg, maybe this will warrant a redesign!!!

10. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

If their website is down they have to be out of business, right??? :rolleyes:

11. There website has always been difficult to use but their parts and service are great. HRP

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

:)paper catalogs and the telephone are more traditional.

13. chinarus

chinarus
    from Georgia

I can't believe they managed to stay in business all these years as bad as their web site sucked.

14. Quality,,,plain & simple! HRP

15. bobscogin

bobscogin

Absolutely. And in this day and age, that could, and should be reflected in their web presence.

Bob

16. alchemy

alchemy

I find it odd that all these "traditionalists" refuse to just pick up a phone and call. :)

I've got a 2002 (yes, ten years old) CE catalog right in the desk drawer next to me, and I'd much rather look at that than their website. And if I have a question about a current price, I'd believe the guy on the phone more than the website anyways.

DeucePhaeton likes this.
  17. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

They are still in business because of great products and just as great customer service,...... In spite of a "less than stellar" website....... Love their paper catalogs !!

4TTRUK

18. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

You guys are right, their site was horrible. Even if you knew what you were looking for you had a hard time finding it, if you even found it at all.

Another bad one is Coker's site. I love everything about Coker and have been a loyal customer for maybe 30 years, but their site really is confusing. Why any company, who wants to do as much business as possible, doesn't at least put their phone number and address HUGELY printed across the home page is beyond me. If you look at Speedway's site they have the 800 number on every page so you don't have to look far to find it. To find the phone number for Coker you have to first find a little tab off to the right that says "contact".

Don

19. dad-bud

dad-bud

Hmmm, looks like the HAMB is the source of first resort - even before thinking.
    Power of the HAMB.

20. daddio211

daddio211

You won't make a phone call that costs your boss a MAXIMUM of $0.08 per minute, but you're collecting hourly wages while surfing the HAMB? :confused:

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

21. mow too much

mow too much

Paper catalog and phone for me;)......I have used their products since 1987 and like said above, the quality and service have been great.:)

22. OneBad56

OneBad56

Have you ever told Coker this?

23. tiquer

tiquer

It`s not the phone or paper catalog thats bad up here It`s finding a bigger sled and enough dogs to haul them parts home:D

24. Damn, y'all are being awfully hard on Swingcatt! He just asked a simple question and got a lecture from those that are so much smarter than him! :rolleyes:

Magnum Force :D

25. mailerguy1

mailerguy1

I'll be another on to attest to Chassis Engineering's excellent products and tech. I used their kit on my 51 chev and if was a flawless installation, cudos to all of the crew down there

26. captmullette

captmullette

amen brother.........

27. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

typical hamb reaction !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

If someone ever rates the Hot Rod suppliers I'm sure you'll find Chassis Engineering at the top of the heap. I've been using their products for over 30 years and have yet to receive an inferior part. Their after sale support is also first rate.

Frank

29. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

somebody got some bad twinkies up in canada eh?

30. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Well, you know what Margarette Thatcher used to say, "If you're gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough!" :eek: :D