Register now to get rid of these ads!

vintage boats,who alls got em

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by hvychvy, Feb 1, 2007.

1. kardude67

kardude67
    from Topeka, Ks

This belongs to a Buddy of mine. He just drug another one home from California, and it will be for sale.

Attached Files:

2. Brigrat that boat is so cool,thanks for posting all that info.

3. D'Monsta

D'Monsta

Someone just gave me a '57 Lonestar

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  4. Silverplate

Silverplate

5. I sold the other boat that I had posted on this thread, and now I have this.

'76 Tarva, 19' miniday, 455 olds, Berkeley.

Attached Files:

6. 51wagon

51wagon
    from northwoods

It's kind of hard to get a clear shot of it at this time of the year, but I picked up this Larson Thunderhawk from a private museum that was closing up shop.

7. papa's 39 koop

papa's 39 koop

I bought this while I was stationed in san diego in 1967 .paid $50.00 for it from a fellow shipmate that was getting transferred. We got it running & had a lot of fun with it,came close to flipping it a couple times..lost the prop off of it right before heading to Vietnam put it in storage never got around to getting another prop& sold it for 150 in 1969 when I got out .

Attached Files:

8. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I do not have a vintage bot but have two small vintage boat motors,one is a 1955 Evinrude 7.5 and the other is a recent purchase I need to get running and its a 1953 Johnson 10. One day I will have a larger vintage boat to play with.

9. I've had this little gem around here for about 10 years and never could find any info on it. It says Delfino on the nose, but that wasn't enough to turn up any hits. Then, recently, I saw a TV show "Storage Wars - Texas" and one flashed by on the opening credits. I searched the episodes, one by one, and found it was made by Mival, an Italian motorcycle company. The one on the show was pretty minty and it ran. Whereas, mine has had the recoil taken apart and some of the parts look like they're missing. The one on TV appraised for $8000 :eek:... so I did shit myself a little. It turns out that these were the first personal watercraft, ever, and are extremely rare. I guess the Canadian govt. was just starting to have them made for amphibious landings when the factory burned down, or something like that, and very few were made.

JOE:cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  10. How the hell do you ride that thing???

11. You hold onto the bar on the back and it pulls you on your belly. The throttle is a squeeze lever. It's a 2-stroke with a water jet on the bottom.

JOE:cool:

12. tjm73

tjm73

What a beautiful boat. Please tell me you're gonna save her and restore the tail if possible.

13. 41pontiac

41pontiac

I have got an 1966 Owens 34 fter. Double planked mahogany
    Boat stands for bust out another thousand.

14. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

I have a 1979 CVX-16, the same color as your CVX-20. Mines powered by a 140 horse Evinrude outboard. The old boats screams

Bobby

15. Clark

Clark

My father's little speedboat. We bought it last year in Detroit and may take it back this year to the Autorama. It was unfinished when we got it. Cleared, lettered and striped....now she looks pretty good.

It called the "Mr Boh". Natty Boh is an infamous Maryland beer.....and my father keeps the third shift busy.
    Clark

Attached Files:

16. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

sorry...double post

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  17. Elmer Rodger

Elmer Rodger
    from San Diego

my 68 stevens silhouette 406 sbc

Attached Files:

18. Grumbler

Grumbler

1980 Sidewinder 1983 200 horse Merc Black Max

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

19. Buddha Doll

Buddha Doll

Just found this thread this morning. Here is what I bought at the Frog Follies in Evansville last year. 1951 14 ft. Penn-Yan 1947 Evinrude Speei-Twin, (horizontally opposed 22.5 HP 30CI. Manual advance on the mag, high and low mixture adjustment on the carb. Everybody in my car club that was there said there was something wrong with me for buying a vintage boat at a car show. Oh and Hobo Jack from American Pickers was with the guy I bought it from!

It's mahogany strip over oak on the hull and red cedar on the deck. Seats 3 and has a cool center steering (blue metalflake wheel) with rope and pulleys configured in a "pull- pull" setup. Had it doing 22.6 mph on a small lake in a pretty tight oval this fall. I think it will do 25 when I smooth it out and get it off of the break in heavy oil mixture this spring.

Attached Files:

20. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

When I was a kid dad had a Sidewinder with a 125 Mercury on it. Man that little boat would fly! His was white with red trim. I wish I had some pics

Bobby

21. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

To me the Dorsett Catalina is equivelent to the '32 Ford in timeless style. I found this unmolested '62 Dorsett Catalina from a one owner family in Ontario Canada, drove in the dead of winter from Wa. to N. Dakota to pic her up. Cleaned her up, built the trailer than sold it to fund a vintage Hydroplane project 5 years ago. Kicked myself ever since so had a chance to buy her back and did. Here's what an original unmolested Catalina looks like fully loaded from factory...................................

Attached Files:

22. woodwerkssupply

woodwerkssupply

I'm in the process of building a faithful 1939 reproduction of Adolph Apel's "Zephyr". She'll be powered by a Ford Flathead V8.
    You can find my photo gallery here: http://smu.gs/OSYo3B

[​IMG]

23. flyin-t

flyin-t

Beautiful work!

24. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

The Zephyr and the Mucho Gusto, glad to see someone is actually building one! Please keep us posted..........................

Attached Files:

25. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Check out the Lake Tahoe wood boat Concours' d'Elegance, held every August,...You can definitely o.d. on vintage boats !!!

Oh, yes,...and they run a lot of them on the Lake most of the summer.....

4TTRUK

26. Interesting way to haul a bout! You sure would have to have a long boat ramp and a snorkel to launch it!:p

Attached Files:

27. HandymanMan

HandymanMan

I inherited a 17' mahogany over oak '58 Correct Craft Starflite when my father-in-law passed away. It has a 225hp solid lifter cam 327 AMC mill with twin side-draft carbs. Has some small holes in the hull, but I think it's eminently repairable...especially since the boat is SO EFFING COOL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. flyin-t

flyin-t

The Flyer is a pretty cool looking 135 hydro too.

29. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

[​IMG]

Was this picture taken in Michigan? I'm certain I've seen it on the wall of a Big Boy up north somewhere.

30. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Iv got a 73 Sanger but only being 2013 its not considered old :rolleyes: