Register now to get rid of these ads!

Guilt

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 7, 2013.

1. BACAGrizz

BACAGrizz

Vehicular therapy always does wonders for my outlook also. One day at a time. Do what's in front of you to be done and don't let the bastards grind you down. You will be stronger for the effort. That which does not kill us has made a grave tactical error!!

2. catdad49

catdad49

Ryan, keep your head up and your foot down. It will get better! Keep the faith, Cat

3. sinticket

sinticket

Glad you are moving in the right direction! Keep your head up!

4. raven

raven

"Some days are good days . . . All the rest are character builders. "
    That's true.

Ryan, What you wrote took me back to my high school days and my first hotrod.
    A true feeling to experience as I used the same therapy.
    Still vital today.
    Feelings pass and each day is a new day.
    Loss will always remain.
    The sting grows weaker day by day.
    Hang in there, I know it's rough.
    r

5. Thunderroad312

Thunderroad312

Hang in there man. Just think of all the good you have done with this site, all the spirits you lift on a daily basis. One thing I try to remind myself everytime I think I can't take anymore is that no matter how effed up it is it could always be worse.Right now I'm watching the love of my life, my darling supportive wife slowly slip away from cancer. The woman used to run circles around me. As everything in my life is on hold right now, this place,'The HAMB" gives me an escape from the crushing reality. Just know this all thing will come to pass, and you will get through it.

6. Ryan, the distasteful immersion into the rough seas of having your life upended brings with it a undetermined period of hopelessness.

There are many things that are beyond our control and what you have experienced in the days that followed are understandable,,we all handle this type of thing in different ways.

There are many people in your life that look to you for their strength,not to mention the Hamb community.

I understand the need to break something that can be fixed,it's something you can make right again. HRP

7. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

Sometimes when I'm feeling down I drive my truck, there is something about the feeling, the compliments...about being different that always change your mood and at least for a few minutes you forget everything else.
    I hope that from now on (at least for some years) you find some peace of mind in everything you do and hopefully all bad vibes are kept in 2012... Regards

8. A good cruise in the shoebox with the flathead hammering down a lonely road always lifts my spirits. The best medicine there is! Only side-effect of long term use is a thinner wallet..

Take care and take it easy Ryan!

9. Gator

Gator

Very cool piece.

10. Cshabang

Cshabang

That was me a few weeks ago, but my Comet has been in and out of storage for nearly a decade...Shes gotten more attention since September then she has in the last 6 years...

11. A tank of gas lots of road and a new clutch will fix everything Boss

12. farmer12

farmer12

Good to have you back Boss!

13. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good to hear you're on the road to recovery . . . at 4500 rpm!

We love you brother, hang in there.

14. flamingokid

flamingokid

Buck up,little cowboy.It'll get better.

15. I'm not that deep.....................

16. Falfa55

Falfa55

We are all a mess at times,some situations are easier then others.Keep pluggin away and shit while get better.Keep punching those keys and we'll keep readin too

17. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

18. I just watched this movie the other night. Andy Dufresne's speech.

"Bad luck, I guess...it floats around... gonna land on somebody...it was my turn, that's all. I was in the path of the tornado. Didn't expect the storm would last as long as it has..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ITOSkfkpU4

Hang in there buddy. One day, you're gonna have a really good day, and then another, and soon the good days outnumber the bad...

19. williebill

williebill

Nothing helpful to add,Boss,but your post reminds me of myself about 8 years ago,when life knocked the wind out of me.Could be the same kind of thing I went through,with no ability to see any light at the end of the tunnel. Then I realized that it would get better,eventually. And it did,too.
    I hope your days get better,Ryan. Keep looking down that tunnel.

20. friggin"A"

friggin"A"

"As if breakage would present a problem that I could actually fix."

That line really hit home.... I think that's why I've been wrenching a lot lately.... so many things are out of our control that it's nice to get our hands on something that isn't. All the best man!

21. Geeze, i swore this was GTP writing that blog from The Horse magazine. You related or go to the same school? Ah, your just itchy and couldn't find the spot to scratch. Happens to me when there are to many loose strings hanging. Sounds like a little female companionship is in order here.:)

22. Greasey old mechanics proverb:"You never see bikes or hotrods in front of a shrinks office!" I hope what you're going through ends soon. My native american friends tell me the creator does not give us more than we can handle. Just a little more than we THINK we can. Prayers for you and your family going up.

23. fuckn sweet

24. tnich123

tnich123

Hey Ryan

It's good that you had the car to help let out some of those feelings. But I think it's even
    better to know how many people on this site have your back. We all have been thru the hurdles of life almost all of us make it out of one to get on the straight and narrow until the next one comes along and we get in the funk again but it's great to know that there is this kind of support from the HAMB. While we all love the cars it's nice to know there is this kind of support here.
    T

25. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Our thoughts are with you Ryan, from your extended Aussie family.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

26. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

I get you suffered a lost Ryan not sure who.... I do know I lost my mom 12/2/10 and I've been looking through bottles of bud and jack honey for quite a while now. It's easy to lose yourself , but the HAMB members can keep you grounded. I know it's not easy but keep the faith and drive it like you stole it.... The HAMB will see you through it .

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  27. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Ryan,
    It is hard to imagine you of all people feeling the way you describe for the last 45 days, I mean One would think you would be the happiest person on this earth. You get to do what you love, You own the coolest model A coupe ever built, And you have prolly the biggest support group in the whole world..LOL. I am not sure if you completely grasp the fact, That many here including myself consider you family, We are brothers from diffrent mothers....LOL. And if you need something you can call me anytime. Life tries to kick our asses sometimes, however One thing you are right about is, It will always be ok! I had a old guy tell me onetime, that he used to feel bad because he did not have any shoes, Until he met the man who had no feet....Point being that No matter how bad it may seem, It can always be worse. Bottomline is everyday you are here and you have your family, Is a good day. just my 2 cents anyhow

28. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Ryan..
    You inspire many here. None of us are walking in your shoes, but we are walking with you. I only step in here about once a week, I think a lot of you for what you put up here..
    Last year you sent me a hand written thanks for renewing my HAMB Alliance dues.. That meant a lot.. We're all here for ya..
    Get your ass to the Carolinas will ya?? Drive the coupe..
    Be good..

29. Remember Ryan "What don't kill ya will make you stronger"

30. O.Hove

O.Hove
    Member Emeritus
    from S.D.

Wishing you well from So.Dak.
    I would be totally lost without you and the H.A.M.B.