Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Edsel turns out to be very Rare... Here is the story.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TULSA, Dec 29, 2012.

1. edsel.fi

edsel.fi

Hey, How aerostars performs, when car is fully loaded .. I am 6ft 8in tall, and my weight is about 300 lbs . Here is our edsel , me & my family.. " Elli" edsel is NOT lowered . No lowering needed ?
    My whole family weights about 780 LBS, LOL

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  2. moefuzz

moefuzz

Your Edsel will be fine on Areostar springs, will ride nicely and not bottom out -Unlike if you cut your Edsel coils (bottoming out will occur).
    The ratio (or rate) of the spring is different on the Aerostar coils than that of your Edsel (or late 50's Ford).
    Remember, Areostars were both Cargo vans as well as people haulers.
    They would have had greater cargo/load capacity than your Edsel loaded to the hilt.

Moog Part M=Number CC850
    This is a 1990's part number but most other years are same part number
    (Look for 1986 to 1997 vans at the junkyard).

The front springs held up both engine and trans-axle alone with 2 people sitting almost directly over the axle.
    They are not a light duty spring.
    They are a "Variable Ratio" spring so the more weight you put on them the more they dampen the load.

Look here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOOG-CC850-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item51a1594dbd&vxp=mtr

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  3. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

Thanks! That is some good info! That will give me what about 2" lower?

4. edsel.fi

edsel.fi

Can stock front schocks be used too ??? less than 1500 miles driven kybs I have in front & rear .

5. edsel.fi

edsel.fi

UGLY rear ends, are you serious, look again :O)

Look this, what else car has smiling rear view :O)

Attached Files:

6. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Tulsa, Instead of buying cars off of Craigslist, could you kindly put an effort towards rectifying the haul that you STIFFED me on? You have conveniently NOT responded to pm or email for right at a year now. You have my info.

7. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Ok,i admit it,i dont get....ewwwwwwwwww...

8. swissmike

swissmike

I always take the rarity aspect with a grain of salt. Once you're down to comparing the color inside the ashtray, rubber mats, length of antenna, etc. , every car is pretty much unique - that's why they have different VINs ;-)
    Nice car though!

9. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

The entertainment value is going up...

10. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

Collection of payment was between you and buyer, that did not pay (I think you said didnt show up either? Had you drop them off somewhere other than where he said?), I tried to help, was told payment was sent way back by buyer but if it takes me sending you the money to clear my name out of this, I've got your PM you just sent. I will be in contact.

11. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

While that is true, and I agree with you, but to Edsel Enthusiasts, these are apparently big deals, I am just giving the facts on the car. While its a small group of Enthusiasts, This still was a big deal for them to come across this car, and if there are any others out there, that is who this car is being marketed to.

12. codeblu

codeblu

I used to have a 59 Edsel Ranger that had been an Alabama State Trooper car....all black. Used to park it in my driveway next to my 87 beige Yugo..... people would slow down going by the house and just shake thier heads....

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice looking car but as a couple of guys alluded to it's one that you can't really change as that would take away what makes it special to an Edsel freak. Extremely low production number, one of only a handful of that color combo and in damn nice shape from the looks of things it deserves to be treated right and restored. Or at least only modified in ways that can easily be reversed as with the spring swap to lower it in the front. There are still plenty of cars out there that are only cool because of their year model and make an model and have nothing significant going for them otherwise to modify and give them their own personality.

14. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

I agree Mr 48. I planned on doing more customizing... until I found out about the car. I have it listed on a few Edsel locations online hoping to find the right buyer that will treat it right. I have a few guys that want it so far, but the shipping just makes the deal no good. They are too far away.

15. Southern Motors

Southern Motors

I like it, but if it were mine I'd have to paint it RED !

16. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

Good thing you dont want to buy it... I wouldnt sell it to you...:D

17. Fingers

Fingers

Yeah, çause a car that has a grille like a vagina should be pink!

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I love the car, the colors and the design.

19. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

id flake the roof.

20. Your Edsel looks cool! I love the "rare" color combo. Even given the limited number of Edsels in general, the "rarity" only seems to apply in dollars to a relatively small market of Edsel collectors. If marketed well, you could get more money for it just because of the OG colors.

Our Edsel Villager was also built in KY on July 17 1957. According to the edsel registry, it is the First 6 passenger wagon ever built. I think that is super cool, does any one outside of the Edsel community care? I think not.... I am planning on selling soon and I am as torn as you are. Here is the link to the 50th Birthday thread I posted about it in '07 :http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195566&highlight=edsel+50th+birthday

[​IMG]

21. edsel.fi

edsel.fi

^ is your beautiful villager equipped with original air suspension system :O) ^

22. Model T1

Model T1

The more I see these beautiful Edsels the more I question why they didn't become more popular. I have a 1950 Studebaker with a bullet grille. Those things sold like crazy.
    I remember when old guys canceled their orders for 1957 Chevys because they considered them ugly. And the Chrysler AirFlow, Cord and others.

23. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

I couldnt agree more,

thats a sweet Edsel you have, do you have a thread anywhere on it?

24. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Some cars ARE "keepers"....given the documentation, I'd call this one of those.

Keep, drive, enjoy !!

4TTRUK

25. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

i'd sure be interested in the hood, grill and center grill support metal piece :rolleyes:

26. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Yes it is and I will get the popcorn!
    Jay

27. Sadly, no. We were working so hard on customer's cars when we bagged it. We jammed the airride on it in a weekend and didn't take any build pics. The rest of it is just as we bought it.

28. Douglas Joseph

Douglas Joseph

My birthday is July 15, 1957 and i love this automobile! The colors are divine and so is this rare find. a beauty to behold and your story is a great one. I would like to entertain an offer...if you still have it that is! Personally, if i buy this car, it will be with me for life. ;)

29. Mungamongo

Mungamongo

A love your pacer! And I love mine too

Posted using the Full Custom Edsel App!