Register now to get rid of these ads!

~What did you get done this weekend~

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 296 V8, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

got the wood stove workin' right ,built a hillbilly frame table ,cut & tapered 2 pieces of 2x6 tubing for the main rails ,loaded up the 27 t sedan body from storage & sat her up on the table ,now the work starts !!

2. moefuzz

moefuzz

It's been a good weekend,
    Today I started the new Model A..

This is also a Saskatchewan car of which I purchased about a month back.
    The Speedo shows 58,800 miles and it was a true one owner car.
    The body is actually Very good with virtually no rust.. Places like fender to running board
    (flanges) are in Very good shape with all nuts and bolts still serviceable.

It has the usual stress cracked and welded fenders as well as the standard bullet holes in the glass.
    Somebody has taken nuts and bolts and "Filled" a few of the holes in the windshield to keep
    the rain out but I noticed they didn't "Fill" any holes where the wiper sweeps ;).

click pic for Video:

[​IMG]

I am currently changing all schrader valves in hopes of maintaining some sort of air pressure in
    the tires. Failing that it will need some tubes.

I think this will be my new Sunday driver come spring time. Hopefully by then I will have
    somehow removed the barn paint from the belt line and rims. (not a fan).

She's also gonna need a new muffler and I think I have a sticky valve in the # 3 hole.

I found this girl in October sitting in a field...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And on a very cold (-24) Nov 10th afternoon we had her home...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This '29 is the oldest Model A I have owned (currently have a 31 roadster but recently
    sold my 31 Rumbleseat Coupe)

I never was a fan of the 29 or the Tudor body style but since buying this girl it has grown on me :)

3. mastadon

mastadon

Painted my wife's 55 Chevy truck yesterday and assembled it today.I so busy I didn't have time to take pics.Now Im watching the Redskins getting eliminated.

4. Cool model a, gotta love picking up new projects in the winter.

5. Poesrodandcustom

Poesrodandcustom
    from Kentucky

Went to a swap meet, sold a bunch of decent stuff I wasn't going to use. Packed up came home sold my Auburn. Got up went to church and spent the day with the family. Now gotta go do the old 9 to 5 which is actually 10 to 6:30

6. Will Kimble

Will Kimble

I think I recognize one of those axles!

7. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Cleaned A shop I just bought. Its going to be where I start my new sandblast and metal fab business. 40x100 shop can't wait..

8. fenderhead

fenderhead
    from Stevens PA

Been sick but still finished the body work on my brothers 40 Ford pick up and primed the posts for my display at the Detroit Autorama.

9. Was all set to do the exhausts on the RPU..BUT.. ended up building my new cattle yards !!!!! off to the shed now and see how i do, mid summer here and its to hot!!!! JW :)

10. n847

n847

Got my disc brake conversion/swap started!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. WILL's_50_SHU

WILL's_50_SHU

I installed a 65 mustang fuel tank in my 50shoebox been running a fuel cell (6gal.) and it's my daily driver so always had to fuel up so now got a bigger tank and a gauge and my trunk room back. Also had to weld up a plate were the spare tier hole was at. very happy with the way it came out.

12. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Tore down a power/glide and and started cleaning all the parts. I STILL smell like brake clean.:p

13. chiro

chiro

Organized and stored into the garage a bunch of parts that have been accumulating in my office in the house. Made the shop where my AV8 project is a little neater which was much needed.

Gonna be in the upper 40's this week here, near 50 on Wednesday. Planning on getting some real work done on the A this week.

Andy

14. Got the drivers door latch fabbed and installed in my Henry J, bought all the rest of the steel tubing I'll need for the cowl section, ate too many chicken wings and drank a just enough beer!!

15. I took the frame for the 36.[​IMG]

16. Cut the floor out and put the body back on to test fit.

17. BAJ

BAJ
    from Ontario

I pulled the 409 out of my coupe to change the rear main seal. What a pain in the butt!

18. Flop

Flop

corner patch in my coupe!

ready for some weldin !

[​IMG]

19. paintcan54

paintcan54

The wife and I went to swap meet today, BSed with a lot of friends, came home and tore into the rail to fix the rear end. Took slicks off, then brakes then the body, fixing to change the old banjo front to a new Hot Rod Werks open banjo front kit. The date on the pic is wrong, I don't know how to change it, got to get my son to update the date.

Attached Files:

20. dirtracer06

dirtracer06

Picked up the rebuilt and shortened drive shaft for the 33 from the shop..installed it...built mount for slave cylinder, installed in truck...attached throwout fork and bled lines, found out clutch fork hits steering column....removed steering column,brake and clutch pedal,and slave cylinder,...modified clutch fork,,,,modified mount i just made,reinstalled slave cylinder ,fork ,pedals,steering and re-bled...now have working clutch...made up shift linkage and shifter...tested clutch and shifter....sat in truck with 6yr old daughter for and hour making engine noises and shifting threw the gears...need to fab up battery mount, wire and plumb it and it will be ready for a test drive...

I'm ready to go back to work....

21. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

Got my 38 mocked up on my frame.
    [​IMG]

22. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Any deals to be had at the Fairgrounds today? I had family stuff to do this morning and it knocked me out of going.:(

23. titus

titus

Adjusted the attitude on my wifes 59 olds

Attached Files:

24. paintcan54

paintcan54

Not realy, a friend we was with picked up a pair of slicks for his FED build for $100 bucks and the guy gave him a set of 5 point belts! Best deal I seen. The swap was about 1/2 full of booths, lots of room and not many people, so you realy didn't miss much.

25. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

What are they charging to get in the door now,the last time I was there it was getting close to 10 bucks. Dont want to sound like a cheap ass but with the price of gas and the higher then the rest of the swapmeets admission charge it was getting too pricey to come over there and come home empty handed..

26. Hot Rod Apprentice

Hot Rod Apprentice

I prepped for to finish my 39 ford chassis. Cut out some brackets, worked on rear wishbones, and leaf spring mounts.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

27. TheEngineer

TheEngineer
    from New Mexico

Pulled the engine out of the donor car, broke all but one weld on the base of the engine hoist doing it. Learned to weld. Repaired the engine hoist. Tore the top half of the engine apart and I still feel like I didn't accomplish anything.

28. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

Got bored and wanted to see what some paint would look like on the motor with the scoops painted ImageUploadedByTJJ1357535968.424870.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

29. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Coughed, sneezed, chattered and shat- repeat, repeat, repeat :(
    Not much time for anything else...