Register now to get rid of these ads!

www cleaner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59 brook, Jan 6, 2013.

1. 59 brook

59 brook

any tips for cleaning whitewalls? the best i've found so far is the orange cleaner from the dollar store and a brillo. doesn't cloud the wheels like all the others i've used. i had a tranny line split yesterday and the fluid was all over the wheel. i had to pull the brakes to clean them it was so bad

Attached Files:

• www1.jpg
      www1.jpg
      File size:
      283.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Westleys Bleach White,,,from any auto parts store

3. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

Mr. Clean product, Magic Eraser. Buy it in the grocery store.

4. Model T1

Model T1

I've tried many. This seems to be the best I've used for years.

5. 1941coupe

1941coupe

I have diamond backs and they don't recommend any bleaches or brillo, I use simple green and tires are snow white

6. creepjohnny

creepjohnny

Westleys will yellow white walls over time. The guys and i use SOS pads from your local grocery store. They are really inexpensive. I used 1 pad for 2 tires and the steel wool scrubs the grim and dirt off with no effort. Gets em clean and white again!!

7. h2owell

h2owell

Best I have found is Harley-Davidson tire cleaner. Does not effect the rubber except to clean it. Bright shiney white.:D

8. Moonequipt13

Moonequipt13

600 grit sandpaper and water, renews black rubber that has been mildly oxidized too

9. FIDDLER

FIDDLER
    from VIRGINIA

I have goodyears that were not real white when purcahsed. I have used everything known to man including sand paper. These tires will not come clean, infact they have dingied even worse with time, dealer says tough luck. No more goodyears. Not my only trouble with goodyears, but that is another subject

10. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

pee pee and voodoo is the key.

11. Larjk9

Larjk9

Simple Green and a magic eraser.

12. This is what I use,,works great. HRP

[​IMG]

13. eppster

eppster

I've used Westleys Bleach White and a hard brush since 1978 . Before SOS pads.

14. bb55hrt

bb55hrt
    from Michigan

I like to use soft scrub and a stiff scrub brush on mine.
    BB

15. Sorry,I have been using Westleys since its introduction,,,Never any yellow tires...

16. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Same here I have never had any yellow tires. The only thing with westleys is that the bleach content can cause drying out of the rubber and thus cracking

17. Dizzie

Dizzie

I use Simple Green and a plastic mesh coated pad made to remove bugs. works really well.

18. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Westleys has been my go to forever, even blackwall tires with white letters.

Had a 2stroke scooter with WWW tires on it. exhaust blew out onto the one tire all the time, it would be black once a month, shot it down and a bit of scrubbing and back to white every time.

19. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

NW winters with lots of rainy freeway time you have to clean them every other day. I use Westley's, Simple green, Purple power ( diluted), Awesome Cleaner ( dollar store) and SOS pads. It comes down what I have on hand, whats next to the eternaly full wash bucket etc. They all work up here and I have been using Wesleys for 30 years. I have had it yellow WW's once and was either left on too long in the sun too many times ( which doesnt happen much here) or was a bad rubber batch?

20. 59 brook

59 brook

ive triedthe wesleys and it cleaned the tirewell but seemed to mess up the wheel

21. JasonK

JasonK

Wesley's and a used green scotch-brite. Will look like new till you change them out.

22. jdubbya

jdubbya

After cleaning the whitewall, (with whatever you choose to use) coat your whitewalls with a liberal amount of Mop-N-Glo. I tried this method after another HAMB member suggested it, and it works fantastic. The Mop-N-Glo acts as a barrier between the dirt and the whitewall, and dirt will just wipe off with a damp rag, not leaving any streaks. I used to do this a couple times a year, and it sure made clean up a breeze.

23. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

mr clean magic eraser. no joke- it works phenomenally well!

24. Ross Galitzky

Ross Galitzky
    from canada

If their really yellow and nobody wants them ,use oven cleaner ,just for a couple of minutes you,ll see the yellow coming out then hit it with repeated hits of soapy water you won,t believe how white the,ll get then cruz by the guy who you got them from grinnin...