Register now to get rid of these ads!

hidden CD player in plain sight

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LowKat, Jul 10, 2009.

1. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Here are some pics of the installation,the USB adapter and Sirius tuner work and are mounted under the seat on the drivers side.I will be putting a Rockford PBR 300X4 amp on the pass side later.

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      266.3 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      304.4 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      290.4 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      225.4 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      227.5 KB
      Views:
  2. turned out great Jeff

3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Tomorrow night I will install the antenna for the Sirius tuner and I will be done,I still need to come up with a solution for a better rear speaker location but might use speaker boxes until I can come up with a pair of rear panels to cut up and keep the originals intact. It looks to have the original radio in the dash but it has been converted to a remote that controls the radio in the 8 track player so I can leave the front closed.

4. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Got the Sirius antenna installed and the unit might be activated,was not getting good enough reception in the garage to see if it was not the preview channel so I will pull it out tomorrow and see if it is. I think I am going to like the stereo in the 8 track under the dash a lot better then under the seat where I had it for a few years,the USB connection is going to come up in the middle of the seat where I had the portable Sirius sitting before. I need to find a few more old 8 track players to keep in stock as it beats cutting and modifying a dash.

5. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

The Sirius is activated but who knows for how long and will probably expire before its nice enough to drive it,I would like thank the OP for giving me the idea on doing this as I might do this to every old car I get my hands on from now on.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  6. AdrianS

AdrianS
    from California

Out of the box thinking by putting something in the box. Ironic and absolutely great. Well done.

7. von zipper

von zipper

Hmmmm! I may have a winter project!

8. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am glad I found this thread since it will make life much easier for me to add stereos if I can come up with 8 track players to destroy,if enough people do this there might be a shortage and drive the prices up.