Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bad gas?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tedley, Jan 5, 2013.

1. George

George

About what I've heard!

2. Sgt._Grumpy

Sgt._Grumpy

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I retired from the marine industry and even E10 was driving us nuts with fuel related problems. It was hard to explain to a customer that the carb or fuel injectors you rebuilt 3 months ago now needed it again. Of course they felt we were not actually doing the work we charged them for.

If this E15 becomes more common you won't believe the damage and problems we will all start having. But I bet we start seeing posts by people who say they have used it for years with no problems, :rolleyes:

Don

4. Speed~On

Speed~On

Many HAMBers have bad gas.

I am lucky. There is a gas station in town that sells ethanol free 91 octane. They also sell 110 octane race gas at the pump.......for $7.00/gallon of course.

Ethanol blows! Good way to ruine your carb, fuel lines, lawn mower, snowblower.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  5. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

The only thing that has kept my 55 running good has been Lucas Ethanol treatment . As long as I put some in everytime I get gas, it's fine but otherwise it runs like total crap , skips, farts, like it's missing 2 cyls. and this is with only 10% ethanol. If you aren't running the car damn near every day Lucas is the only way to go imo.

6. Oh man i have bad gas:eek:

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yup. I can't wait for the naysayers to hope. If they dare.:D

8. cryobug

cryobug

They ran E-85 at Kennedy Space center in some of the cars when I worked on the Space Shuttle program; when it got cold those cars would hardly run on it, not to mention the horrible gas mileage.
    This is a little off topic but our Chevy van that my group used ran on natural gas or regular gas, the mileage on the natural gas was so bad it would burn a quarter of a tank by the time we could get back to the launch pad (about eight to ten miles).

9. Rattle Trap

Rattle Trap

Im having a hard enough time with the E-10 crap.

10. Already got a call from the local Chebby dealer reminding me that the wife's late model pickup is not flex fuel and will not run on E-15.

But there are some on here that say wellllll it doesn't make any difference if it will burn your car will run on it. :rolleyes:

I am thinking of actually building a still to make methanol and making my own alchy. if the powers to be want me to run on alcohol I may as well make my own and have an engine that runs like a scalded assed ape. ;)

11. fleetsidejeff

fleetsidejeff
    from Nebraska

I haul the crap w a tank..mostly deisel..never put 15% in any of the stuff i haul..mostly 10%...now still try to get straight primium..without the 10%..difficult

12. my wife has bad gas