Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Vintage Tin Found In The Desert-'33 Chevy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drive Em, Dec 21, 2012.

1. rixtasan

rixtasan

Could have been Bonnie and Clyde's or even John Dillinger as Dillinger and his gang were known to have traveled through the area. El Paso was the gateway to Old Mexico and many outlaws came through here as they fled from the long arm of the law.

http://elpasotimes.typepad.com/morg...dner-hotel-to-celebrate-80th-anniversary.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dillinger

2. 54 posts and all on this thread?

3. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

LOL! Jim

4. white64

white64
    from Maine

Question: If he does "steal" it are we all accomplises? Is the HAMB now a rougue site for car thieving criminals?

5. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

If so then we are all also co-owners! Jim

6. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

I remember fixing some damage caused by alkali soil. The stuff above kept as nice as yours.

7. Alright, just post where this is (GPS) and I'm sure a peace offering to the desert gods will be left and the cars saved.

8. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

great to see it came out as good as it did,,,,i m pretty confident the coupe will make a good hot rod,,,, i seen alot worse end up real nice,,, right here on the hamb

9. riptrack 30A

riptrack 30A

I expect to see this at a car show in our area anytime now!

10. moparmuscle1

moparmuscle1

I expect to see it on a car trailer anytime soon :confused:

11. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Just be sure to put another old body(car body) back in its place, just so the desert still looks cool.

12. 32Tudor396

32Tudor396

That's about what my Dodge looked like when I got her but not burried....Great find good luck with that one!

13. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Wow! 15 posts all in a row (just about) way to up your post count. 54 posts and still no intro? Oh; and way to go with the rat rod suggestion (post 176). Your gonna have a lot of fun here newbie. And I don't care what you say; if you don't have permission to take it, it's stealing.

14. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

<<<x2>>>

15. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

sweet score! i like 33-35-chevy 3 window coups .and it looks like it already has a foose two tone on it!

16. GeoZ1

GeoZ1
    BANNED
    from Illinois

Score, sounds like he is stealing it. Literally.

17. Model T1

Model T1

Okay, inquiring minds still want to know what year and body style this Chevy is. Gotta be a 34-35 Standard????????????
    I don't know if this could be called stealing. I hate thieves. But face it, this car has been sitting in a desert neglected for more that two weeks!
    I call it cleaning up the landscape. After all, during this entire time no one has protested or told them to get offin his land.
    GeoZ, I personally know of a guy who took hubcaps, instrument cluster, and other small items off a 33 Chevy master back in the woods at Spring lake State Park somewhere in the midwest.

18. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

well that is up to him and his conscience i guess......... but if i dropped a nickel in the desert and didnt go back to pick it up even thought i knew it was mine and it belonged to me and someone else picked it up ....... well i guess it was there lucky day. my $0.02

19. Subscribed!!

20. hyperfe

hyperfe

Big Jim might be right, taking that out of it's resting place might be bad
    Carma.

21. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Yeah but if your going to replace it with something make it a yugo.:D
    That way no one will ever pull it out of the ground and disturb the gods again.

22. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

will anyone be doing the same thing with a prius in 80+ years from now?????? just a thought.

23. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Probably some tree hugger.;)

24. classic gary

classic gary

here in New Mexico, arroyo's and riverbeds are STATE property. The surrounding land is private. So, if you find something in an arroyo, and can drag it down/up the arroyo/riverbed to a city/county/state road your golden. BUT, if you drag it accross private property to get it to your trailer or whatever, THEN you gotta talk to the property owner. So.......

25. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

all riverbeds are public property---but not all riverbanks are---so have at it---very cool

26. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

HMMMM, interesting. I know of some stuff in Sierra county, I'm going to have to have a look when I drive down to Las Cruces next week.

27. Road Runner

Road Runner

Maybe there is a future investment into salvaging old iron by helicopter...

Either way - these two need to be brought back to life as something other than rats and their overlooked and forgotten survival will become more inspiring than when they came off the assembly line.

28. So were is the next update on the selvage? I want to hear that the cars made it home & are now in reincarnation process of becoming a rotrod :)

29. madmike3434

madmike3434

Both cars are 1935 chevrolet standard EC series. The standard series has an X member frame and its clearly visable in pictures of both the 3 window coupe and the 2 door sedan. Reading this from page 1.

Both bodys are FISHER BUILT and the aluminum firewall identification build tags are missing.

I own a 35 std coupe fisher bodied since july 1970 , and now a 35 standard roadster chevrolet body works built .

mike lynch
    whitby ontario canada

30. zz chopped

zz chopped

The sedan looks to be a '35 Chev Standard.