Register now to get rid of these ads!

OIN's 51 Chevy Coupe Resurrection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old Iron Nut, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Old Iron Nut

Old Iron Nut

Thanks! Lot of work on the chop, but really makes the car look nice. :)

2. Ocean56

Ocean56
    from Michigan

Looks great! Always happy to see a restrained, subtle chop.

3. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

Nice build there love the chop!

4. Old Iron Nut

Old Iron Nut

5. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

how`s the progress?

6. Old Iron Nut

Old Iron Nut

Slow :). Been colder than usual so haven't gotten much done. Should be getting back to it here in the next few weeks. Did you work out a way to keep yours?

7. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

i hear the weather over there has been hard these last days :) i still got mine, no longer for sale ;-) but i have taken it out of the garage, so now i think i can see something that reminds me of a car under the snow

8. JVK54

JVK54

Way cool. Pretty gutsy as well..Keep going!

9. Orn

Orn

Very nice work and the chop looks spot on. I really love these short roof long ass coupes!

10. Old Iron Nut

Old Iron Nut

Great to hear you are keeping it. :) Hit her hard when that snow melts!

Thanks guys! Going to get moving on it here soon, got to get my OT vehicle fixed first (needs an engine) and I really need it to warm up a little more still. I love the way the chop looks, I go look at it every day, can't wait to get going on it again. :D

11. Old Iron Nut

Old Iron Nut

Well, been a looong while since I worked on the coupe, but finally getting back to it. Bought an OT car that needed a lot more work than I thought (one of those too good to be true kinda things). Got that thing all lined out finally, and since I need space in the garage to work, got my 54 GMC pickup running again (been sitting for about 10 years, 5 with a built 455 pontiac waiting for break in). Going to get the brakes on the 54 fixed then get back on track with the coupe.

Did a lot of planning and scheming the last few months, if the chop comes out like I hope it does, might be stretching the quarters a couple inches, and if I can find an affordable set of early 50's caddy quarters/taillights, think I might just have to put them on. I also looove the look of the 59 chevy el camino/nomad dash, hard to find so might try and build one that is similar in style. We shall see how it goes, ambitious and I might change my mind, but got to have dreams right?

12. EastSidePoncho

EastSidePoncho

This thing looks killer just like this.. I love it man!!

13. Old Iron Nut

Old Iron Nut

Thanks!

Picked up some nicer front fenders and got the 261 block all cleaned up. Need to get my re-ring kit ordered up for it now.