Register now to get rid of these ads!

Road America Wisconsin, greatest victories history?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Project Paladin, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

A friend of mine has been approaced to write a book about Road America in WI. He's looking for compelling stories to document. Stories of great victories, come backs, under dogs, or local guys taking on the big teams in the tracks 60 year history.

I thought I'd see if any HAMBers know of good stories surrounding Road America.

Thanks

2. no good stories. met A J Foyt there and made a few laps in a 1964 corvette. it's a beautiful track and always enjoyed going there

forgot to mention....my favorite place to watch a race was thunder valley

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  3. chinarus

chinarus
    from Georgia

Find the local SCCA Region for the track and they probably have several old time members who raced or worked the events including the CanAms in the hey days.
    Got to race there 1 time and some sections was a wet your pants thrill for a novice.

4. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Old Road and Track, Car and Driver, Sports Car Graphic may be a good source. Might try to get a contact for Michael Lynch, a pretty well respected auto racing historian that is very involved with the Monterey Historics.

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Don't forget some sidebars for brats, roasted corn on the cob and beer! Gary

6. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

Try to get ahold of Fred Wacker Jr. His father was instrumental in the beginnings of that track from what I am told. Fred Sr raced the 8 ball Allard.

7. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED