Register now to get rid of these ads!

NEW to HAMB Hotrod Builder/Custom Fabricator & Mopar guy from Queensland Australia

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Hemiken, Dec 23, 2012.

1. wallyringo

wallyringo

welcome from S. California, Mopars are awesome I have a 1955 Plymouth coupe

2. Halas1976

Halas1976

Hello from Warsaw, Poland. My sister lives in Adelaide, Australia at the time I visit. Congratulations to maintain the Guinness world record in the collective burning rubber ha ha.:)>

3. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hey, you Mopar guys are everywhere.

4. ehdave

ehdave

Yeah just a few :cool: I know what you mean about a good woman, I'm one of the lucky ones too.
    I'll keep an eye out for that one, sounds like a wild build. I really wanted a mopar light truck or van for a parts hauler but currently have a crappy bravo ute, i guess at least its got a crane on the back.

I've owned 2 EH's but sold the last one about 3 years ago, check my albums i just added a pic of my first eh and my old anglia panelvan. I should never have sold either of them. I'm currently repainting my torana which will be sold to fund the desoto build.
    I'm hoping to start the desoto this year, it will be 2 doored, mildly chopped and i've got a bunch of other mods planned. Still need to find a parts car even if its a dodge, plymouth or chrysler royal for rear seat, an inner guard and spare front doors for the 2 door conversion. Funny enough the dodge in the other cruisin magazine you posted in the willys thread is what made me want this car, although mine will be more traditional.

Your work looks amazing, i've got the cruisin mag here somewhere with that willy's in it. I'm guessing your customers work holds up your own builds a fair bit?

I'm also collecting parts for a T model lakes modified that will probably upset the local ford boys when its done.

Cheers
    Dave

5. farmer12

farmer12

A bit late but a very big welcome from the Netherlands Kenny!

6. George

George

:) Looks like a good one!

7. mailerguy1

mailerguy1

Kenny, Welcome from Ontario Canada. Nice looking truck too!

8. jeff spence

jeff spence

Welcome aboard from northern california chopped 61 plymouth fury

9. dad-bud

dad-bud

G'day Ken
    250 odd posts before an intro - hmmmmmmm, who's been a (slightly) naughty boy then?
    Ah weel, you've overcome that hurdle, so it should be smooth sailing or posting from now on.
    Cheers.

10. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hey Dave,
    When you are ready, i can hook you up with one of my spare Dodge trucks if you were keen buddy. ;)
    That is cool you already know of some of my work, and it does keep me a bit busy from getting stuck in to my personal cars. I know the Black Dodge you are talking about, i did a buddies DeSoto just before that magazine came out in fact, he has a 52 and i stretched the doors and did a chop top on it too, it looks real nice, it is Black with Red steelies, i will find a picture and post it up for you to have a look at. :D
    You got a cool little toy on the build by the sounds with the 'T'.
    Kenny.

11. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Thanks Eric ;)

12. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Thanks all you guys :)

13. ehdave

ehdave

Hey Kenny,

Thanks mate, I would be interested but that probably wouln't be anywhere in the near future, the real estates already pissed with the cars i've got:mad:

I'm not surprised that your busy with the quality work you put out, hopefully you can get some time working on your cars soon though. The 52 desoto sounds really interesting, i'm guessing its an export car rather than a yanky one? I'd be really interested in seeing some pics of that.

Funny thing is i had no plans for another rod right now but the parts came up really cheap at the right time and the missus egged me on so i thought why not? It will be a bare bones fun car.

Cheers
    Dave

14. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hi Dave,

They do frown on any old cars in yards at times, would be good if they minded there own business, as long as the person with the cars keeps them in an orderly fashion, i do not see the problem with it, sure some would say it is starting to look like a wrecking yard, but it is not that hard to keep it in control either. :rolleyes:
    Keep the rod parts safe until you are ready, stuff like that does not just happen every day, and what a good girl you have to egg you on buddy ! :D
    The pictures of the Black DeSoto is of the 52 Sedan i changed for a guy, he lives in Caloundra, and the Purple 54 DeSoto belongs to a buddy whom i helped two door and chop top his roof. I even made his hood swing sideways on the Purple one. ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  15. ehdave

ehdave

Hi Kenny,

In all honesty i have way too much gear for a 2 bay lockup so the desoto was outside with a cover but they didn't like that. I got 3 bays of longspan shelving to put most of my gear in but that effectively makes it a 1.5 bay shed and the desoto now takes up the main space.

At this stage the rod parts are mostly stored in the desoto apart from the chassis and driveline but i've gotta get a garden shed out the back so my bulldog can guard them;)

Mate that black desoto is really neat, it kinda looks like a factory special. I actually got a really good look around the outside of that purple desoto at greasefest last year, there were some pretty interesting mods on that like the split screen and indicators in the rear over riders.

16. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Yeah i got the proportions right on with the black DeSoto, it was a bit of mucking around, and it turned out looking a lot like a factory car, like a club coupe in fact, with a chop of course.
    My buddy Bill owns the purple one and he did some stuff to it to finish it off the way he has. I only helped with the initial part of the chop, he finished that part off on his own.

Not much room by the sounds, the weather and space out here is real nice. :)

Kenny.

17. ehdave

ehdave

The roofline on the black desoto with a chop makes me think of some of the prototype pics that have been posted on here lately.

I thought that might have been the case after looking over some of the finer details on that car, although it is still very nice there are smaller details didn't have the fit of your other work.

Only one problem, the missus doesn't have her licence :( once she gets that we will start seriously looking, probably around laidley as we have have a few friends out that way.

18. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

I actually flipped the back window upside down on the Black DeSoto, tried to make it more of a Coupe rather than a custom with a flowing back in to the trunl, it worked out great on that car.
    All i did with the Purple DeSoto was help with the initial, he was only going to take out 3 or 4 inches at first, i told hom if we are going to chop it, se have to chop the bejesus out of it, i left him to finish it off as you can see.

Kenny.

19. ehdave

ehdave

Good idea with the back window, it flows nicely.

Thats the main area on the purple car that bugged me, because the back window was leaned so far the lower corners sank into the 1/4's and there was a bulge in the centre.

Attached Files:

20. 80WTI

80WTI

you are a cluey man ken, i like someone that can think outside the box with great vision, it's people like you that come up with these crazy ideas for people like myself to try and just copy as i don't have that same vision mate.
    lee:)

21. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Thanks Lee, It is awesome having a talented friend like you also mate. ;)

22. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

I actually tried to get him to flip that window upside down also, but he changed it when i left him to do the rest. It would have been more metal fabrication to do it that way, but it would have made for a far better transition from the roof line to the trunk area, i would even have gone to the trouble of extending the roof line in to the trunk so it could have looked more like a 50 Buick sedanette. But both ways would have worked just as easy as the other. Do a lot of planning when it comes time to do your roof Dave, and have a look at the different profiles from different cars to work out the direction you want to do buddy. :D

23. ehdave

ehdave

Its a shame he didn't keep going that way, it would have been interesting to see how it looked.

Thanks for the tips, i spend a lot of time studying every pic i can find of these cars and just staring at my car at different angles which has really helped plan out the finer details.

24. Hi Kenny, Welcome from another Mopar teddy here in the States!
    By chance would you happen to know my mate Steve Brown from around Brisbane?
    He works for a major speed shop in Slacks Creek.

25. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

He should have left it turned upside down and moved it forward to meet up with the gutters, it would have flowed so much nicer. :cool:

26. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

I do know a few guys in Brisbane Slacks Creek area actually, i would recognize him by face if i saw him i would guess. :rolleyes:

Love your avatar picture, go the slant six, that is awesome. Mopar all the way. ;)

27. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hey Dave,
    Have you got a plan or idea of what you are thinking you will do yet ? Colour ? Style of roof chop, etc etc . . . . . . . . . . .

28. ehdave

ehdave

Hey Kenny,

I'll shoot you an email with some pics and further details, colour is the main thing i'm undecided on yet.

29. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

No worries, i will have a look. :D