Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gene Winfield "Chop Shop" Cavalcade Cincinnati

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tim Jones, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Tim Jones

Tim Jones

Gene Winfield will be chopping my 49 Ford at the Cavalcade of Customs coming up Jan 11-13 in Cincinnati. Hell thats next week! I'm pumped to say the least. But with all this awesome does come with a price and as all of you know a build takes cash!

So to help fund this project thats finally happening. I designed and screen printed by hand a limited number of posters that I'll be selling at the show. Come find me, I'll be in Survivor's Alley right where Gene will be working and if you notice I left room for some signatures...

Thanks for the support!
    Tim

This build is dedicated to my late uncles Ron and Don. Two car crazy dudes. Wish they were here to see this all go down.

Attached Files:

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats on getting your ride in Gene's line for chopping 9 rides at 9 events this year. maybe you could have someone film the whole process from beginning to end and sell some DVD's, if OK with Gene.

3. Tim Jones

Tim Jones

Thanks! We are definitely going to film the whole thing. Hope to be able to use it for something.
    Thanks again!

4. Tim Jones

Tim Jones

The crew that has been assembled to help Gene with the chop is awesome as well. They will be signing these posters as they can during the weekend. Come out and see us!

5. Skrayp

Skrayp

I want to come down and watch this. What's the schedule going to be?

6. Tim Jones

Tim Jones

They'll be working all day Friday and Saturday and most likely on Sunday as well. Come check it out!

7. Looking forward to coming out to see ya Tim!

8. Tim Jones

Tim Jones

Awesome will be good to see you as well!

9. if i can arrange it ill be there but probbaly wont ....damn unemployment

10. Tim Jones

Tim Jones

Well if you can't make it I am also making a website that I will also be posting photos and video on during the chop that weekend. I'll post the url here once it gets set up.

11. tred

tred

you should take lotsa pictures also and do a "chop thread" on here...

12. Tim Jones

Tim Jones

Good idea tredboy!

13. richie rebel

richie rebel

i think gene is chopping a car at the pgh world of wheels end of this month.....

14. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

i will be there chopping away, and signing these awesome posters!!!!! hope to see some hambers there

15. Tim Jones

Tim Jones

Hey guys we will also be selling these t-shirts at the show. See you there.

Attached Files:

16. Tim Jones

Tim Jones

Alright guys the car has been stripped down and ready for the saw tomorrow. Follow the chop at www.shoeboxchop.com

17. androcathr

androcathr
    from london

Congrats on getting your ride in Gene's line for chopping 9 rides at 9 events this year. [​IMG]

18. Tim Jones

Tim Jones

Thanks, we're having fun with it.

19. brandon

brandon

Status on this project....?

20. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

this is how it looked @noon on saturday

21. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

I had my 51 Merc chopped by gene in Oklahoma back in 09.

22. IronTrap

IronTrap

Looks like it went pretty well! I'm hoping to hit the Pittsburgh event to shoot some photos and video.

Tim, you have PM as well.

23. Tin Can

Tin Can

Very cool to be chopping a top with a legend!

24. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

Tim......My brother and I talked to you Friday night. I was tall he was short and we asked you where you are from and you told us Lexington. He is from Berea and I live in Irvine. Hopefully you sold enough shirts and posters to help fund the chop. It seemed to me Gene is a super nice guy. I checked on the car about every 2 hrs all weekend long. Left before it actually got finished.

25. Tim Jones

Tim Jones

@ratrodder34 Yup I remember chatting with you guys. I've definitely see your car around as well. Hopefully we run into each other again at some shows this year. Good meeting you both.

26. Tim Jones

Tim Jones

Thanks for all the support guys. It was great talking to a bunch of you at the show. It was a blast and everyone was really great to work with. Gene is a super nice guy and a very hard working. There are some updates to the site and I will upload video etc soon as well. Thanks again! http://shoeboxchop.com/

27. Glad to see it went well and you are happy. We have Gene in Detroit as well in March doing it again.

Seems to be a real crowd pleaser.

28. Herbie3Rivers

Herbie3Rivers

I'm excited to see this all go down in Pittsburgh. I've got two cars in the show.

Now the weird question. If I wanted to have Gene sign the glovebox door of one of my VWs, will he do that?

29. yeah im sure he would, might be easier if you took it offand handed it to him though , hes a pretty popular guy at shows

30. junkyardjools

junkyardjools
    from Detroit

[​IMG]It's true that Gene is a very busy man at the shows; I was patient, and waited to talk to him, and when I did, he was very courteous and kind. In Pittsburgh, I asked Gene Winfield if he liked the backdrop I painted for him, and he said he did, then he asked me to step into the area to take a picture with him, woah! Pretty sweet, all in all!

Here's the link to the picture:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...207002407245.161923.1050461385&type=3&theater