Register now to get rid of these ads!

2gc size compared to a 97

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Louie S., Jan 3, 2013.

1. Louie S.

Louie S.

I am building a sbc for my a coupe, with a 471 and an old crager vbelt system. I found a 3x2 adapter for the blower. The adapter runs three bolt carbs, and i am looking for the physical size of 97's and rochester 2gs. Can anyone help before i buy this adapter, i want to run the 2gc carbs for the cfm.

2. I am on the road so I do not have my info at hand but my memory tells me that the 97 is around 150cfm vs the small base 2g at around 220???? All 2g's are four bolt base.

3. Louie S.

Louie S.

I am actually looking for the physical size difference to see if i can adapt them to the adapter.

4. F&J

F&J

Get the seller to measure between the center lines of the front to the rear carb butterflies.

Then someone can see if three 2Gs can fit, within that measurement.

I have a bunch of Olds J2 trips here, to measure. Those have front inlet fuel fittings, and most 2Gs have side inlets. Not sure if the front inlets would make things tighter, but I would think it would. I don't think I have a side inlet here to compare.

5. Louie S.

Louie S.

I will contact them tomorrow and find out the centerline.

6. Truckedup

Truckedup

I'm holding a small base 2G in my hand,looking at the throttle lever side..length from center to edge of float bowl is 3-3/8....total side width is 5-1/8.Height is 4-1/8...