Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods another find...help me out on price/worth 36 3win

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RoadsterRod1930, Jan 2, 2013.

1. RoadsterRod1930

RoadsterRod1930
    from NEPA

no, its not that I want to hear it one more time, I mostly follow model As an 32's and early 30's chevy, not so much mid 30s but I do like them and wouldn't mind having one

2. If the car is as nice as you're describing, and you haven't bought it yet for 10k, you're bat shit crazy.

10k is a deal any day of the week for a complete, rust free car, with interior and garnish moldings...

3. Itchy-Pit

Itchy-Pit

Paid 5K for my 3W - no floors just the body

4. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

If you ca get it for less than $10k I would say you have the best buy for 2013 so far. I looked at one awhile back that was local to me that was a very beat up pos and it was over $10k

5. trollst

trollst

If you can get it for eight grand, you should have it by now, dithering will lose the car. Body work on a so so body will set you back more than that, never mind finding all the pieces to construct the car. Go buy it, ten grand is a deal.

6. i started with VERY rough $500 body , and then bought another POS body with no floor and cowl but with doors for $1900. the decklid was $600 , the grille $625 , hood $250 and the garnish was $500. steel front fenders $400 and glass rears $800. EMS patch panels for the cowl , doors , quarters and tailpan was about another $500

then used two 10 pound spools of welding wire and 4 bottles of gas to make it all into something

i would have been better off starting with something nicer and spending the money up front

7. Billy54

Billy54
    from Houston

I "STOLE" mine for 21500$...

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, buy it now-take trailer and $10K with you - offer 9- if he doesn't blink hand him the full 10 - get the correct title and any other stuff that he might throw in with deal - post pics ASAP

9. An acquaintance of mine had a 3w '36 very similar but with paint on it, partially disassembled that reportedly went in the $14K range early last year. $10K sounds like a why haven't you negotiated a purchase yet price. They are a bit like '32 Fords, you never pay too much, maybe just buy a little early.

Charlie

10. moefuzz

moefuzz

I paid $80 and a case of beer for my 36 3 window but that's when beer was 39 cents for a 6 pack.

Honestly, I wouldn't pay him anything less than $80
    -oh, and offer him a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon...

:rolleyes:

11. eastcoastron

eastcoastron

I would spend up to 10K and go for it,don't wait to long thinking about it!!!

12. Gee, just tell me where it's located and I'll go look at it for you. I LIE!

I'll buy it out from under you in a heartbeat.

If it really is what you described it's $20K+, if it rolls 23K, if the motor turns over, 25K+

13. cheezwiz

cheezwiz

bought one 10 years ago for 5K, asked Barry Lobeck what he thought it was worth, he said 12.5K THEN, I'd say it's a STEAL !!!

14. Beau

Beau

He is buying it. Hopefully he will post the pics soon. :)

Lucky f@@ker.

15. Helloosination

Helloosination

There was a complete 36 3W at an auction this fall that went for 16,500. It didn't run, it was redone probably in the 70's and would need to be completely redone. Looked like the rockers and A- posts were repaired and needed it again. If that's any help to you.

16. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I went to a cruise night a couple of years ago and ran into a guy that had a "barn find" (the one in my avatar) '36 3w. It was a little rough, but as I walked around it, I told him that if he ever wanted to sell it, I wanted to buy it. He replied that he wouldn't sell it, but he'd trade me even for my '55 Buick Special. I figured my car was worth $15k or a bit more.

Three days later, the Buick was gone and the '36 was in my shop and registered in my name!

Nuff said - if you can get a '36 3w for $10k and haven't bought it yet, pass the info onto somebody that'll pull the trigger !!

17. DeadGuy2

DeadGuy2

Why doesn't he ask one of us to go check it out for him?

Someone that lives close by. Then get both opinions and buy the guy a burger or a beer and make an afternoon of it.

If he was around me, I'd be glad to go look at it. I always like a second set of eyes to look at something with me. Someone else won't be emotionally involved.

chuck

18. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I bought my roller 36 3W in '97 with no drive train, no rust, complete otherwise.... $4k.... I'd buy what you describe for $10k in a heartbeat !

19. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Helped a friend buy a decent minimal rust 35 3 window roller (no eng and trans) a while back for $6500--great deal I thought

20. Hey, Deadguy2, that was my idea to go look at it for him (and then steal it at whatever the guy would sell it for.

21. RoadsterRod1930

RoadsterRod1930
    from NEPA

its been a careful dance but i finally got it, full wright up once i get the rest of it home.... untouched since the late 60s SBC, 4 speed, dago dropped axle, juice brakes all around, all stewart warner gauges, originaally from California, original black lacquer paint...

and to the guys who were talkin about buying it out from someone yadda yadda , those are exactly the guys the lady turned away from her door step because of our deal and trying to do sneaky crap like that

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      388.2 KB
      Views:
    • 111.jpg
      111.jpg
      File size:
      276.1 KB
      Views:
  22. draider

draider
    from Texas

I'd say 18 months of dancing would be worth it for that car. Post some more pics, would ya?