Register now to get rid of these ads!

29 coupe stance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 35chevycoupe, Jan 2, 2013.

1. 35chevycoupe

35chevycoupe
    from Visalia CA

Im atleast 3rd guy in on a project, I ended up with a 29 special coupe, And a boling brothers frame thats swept up 2" in the front and stepped 8" in the rear, I have ford 9" rear with a speedway rear coil over kit, Front end is a tube axle kit im not going to use. Im either getting a 4"drop ibeam axle, Or i have a stock drilled axle i could suicide if I decide to get crazy, Probally wont happen, dont want to cut the horns off and putting the axle in front of them is a stretch.
    Plan is to channel the body all the way down, Im having problems finding pics with info on frames similar to mine. I basically want to see how low i can go with this frame. How high should the frame end up off the ground? Im guessing 6-8" Would love to see a pic of a car stepped 8" in the rear and channeled.
    Alsoi should have changed my name, I was knee deep getting a 35 chevy coupe and decide against it since it was nothing but a shell and parts are hard to get.

2. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

Check the boling brothers website. They have tons of good pics showing builds with their frames.

3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

My car is swept 4" and z'd 8 in the back but I built the frame.

[​IMG]

4. 35chevycoupe

35chevycoupe
    from Visalia CA

dreddybear ty very much, that helps alot. I want to be low and your car looks good. I think i can go ahead with the frame the way it is.
    cali4niacruiser your front end is nice, I think im going that way.
    I forgot to mention I have a 364 nailhead going in. The motor mounts are there already. From what i can figure the 3" stretch in the frame lets the motor clear the firewall, But from what i measure the clearance for the radiator fan might not be there, So the radiator may go out front, the horns would get 4" cut out to line up a 1/2" past the radiator and axle could go out front.
    Im going to have more time figuring out what to do, than it will take to do it.

5. 35chevycoupe

35chevycoupe
    from Visalia CA

dreddybear from your build pics that looks like alot more than my 8" Z framed It looks like 16" ?

6. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

You're right it's actually 14" with a spring-over setup. With a spring-behind or coilovers it works out to the same as about 8". With Coilvers in the right spot that's still what your frame could sit like..

Throw up some pics..

7. Sounds like that project that was up near Lemoore, did you grab it?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

8. 35chevycoupe

35chevycoupe
    from Visalia CA

Yes it was the one in lemoore. I think the shell is pretty good. Plan on taking it down to every pannel, Kinda have to I guess.
    Ive been measuring all day and That nailhead is going to be a bitch to build around. With the axle back as far as possable the motor wont fit where the mounts are and I cant move it any more forward.
    I may add a 4" to the step making the frame 6" longer and use what i need, not to have to use a resessed firewall. Allowing me to set the frame 6-8" off the ground. Dont really want to add a ton to the wheelbase either. but a few inchs may squeeze the motor in. Im going to have mock up everything and have 1/2" clearence

9. Looked like a good deal to me when I saw it. I've been talking to Derek Boling about stretching and stuff on mine to get my Y-block to fit without cutting the firewall. Probably will end up moving the crossmember forward, radiator forward and the trimming the FWall for clearance. Good luck with yours. Keep us posted.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

10. Drivinford

Drivinford

Heres mine. Its channeled 2 inches

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      360.1 KB
      Views:
    • 541.jpg
      541.jpg