Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from Illinois with 35 Plymouth

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 35plymouth, Dec 30, 2012.

1. 35plymouth

35plymouth
    from Illinois

Hi Guys,
    First I have to say this is a very cool site. Looking forward to some"expert opinions". I pulled a 35 Plymouth Deluxe Business Coupe out of a garage where it sat since the 60's. The car is complete and from what I can tell has many options. I was able to get the plugs out and let it soak in trans fluid. Broke loose by pulling on fan after a few days. Motor spins freely. I get a near dead 6volt to spin it real slow one time.
    So now the dilemma. What should I do with it?
    I am sure somebody has advice on putting a hemi in it. I don't want to cut the fenders etc. Any advice on that would be appreciated. Which motor etc. I have to say I am not a mopar guy. Never have been but this was a cool find. As far as the motor goes, putting anything other than a mopar product back in it just seems wrong!
    I can't get the trunk open and I am not sure if I can access form behind the seat. Advice?
    The top appears to have been cut and then rivited back on. The interior is fine with the headliner all original. What is the deal with the lid?

Finally, what do you guys think this thing is worth as it sits? I have other projects and not really sure what I want to do?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Tin Can

Tin Can

Welcome from IL. That looks like a really cool find you got there. If the motor is fee get it runnin and drive it as is to get it on the road and have fun with it.

Oh, and welcome to the board.

3. hkestes

hkestes

I agree 100%. The original should be a 201 I believe. Mopar built the flathead virtually unchanged up through the late 60's so stock rebuild parts are readily available. It would also be a very easy swap to go to a later model 218 or 230. There are OD transmissions around which would help highway cruising or there are also adapters for an S-10 T5 which would accomplish the same thing.

Here is a link to a thread from another Mopar flathead question that I have added a lot of info on that may be useful to you as well.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=763715

4. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands! Great project!

5. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Cool project....Welcome from Oklahoma

6. low merc51

low merc51

Welcome from Jerseyville,Illinois !!!

7. Model T1

Model T1

Welcome. That looks like a great looking project. I agree, get it running and safe then make plans on what to stick under the hood. Ex Illinois dude here too.

8. MonteSS

MonteSS

Welcome from Des Moines Iowa. That is a nice looking project.

9. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome from Dubuque, IA

10. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Greetings from Tulsa, OK. Nice looking car.

11. streetwhore67

streetwhore67
    from Pittsburgh

That's A nice peice to start with! Good find!

12. [​IMG]
    Very nice score, I'm jealous.

13. Hello from Highland, IL