Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show me your cuda pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1965Cuda, Jan 1, 2013.

1. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

There was a nice barracuda built by the alexander brothers, and there have been some nice drag cars done with that body style. Good on you 1965Cuda for getting into "older" cars when most kids now days only think about the "fast and furious" tuner cars. Those have there place, it's just not to high up on the Americana!!! What are your plans? I'd lean towards building a "drag car" style ride out of it. Not sure if I'd go the straight axle, "gasser" type route but it could also be an option. Might even consider a mild custom...
    Good luck on your build and post up pics as you go.

2. DOH!!! Yup it is. Beer clouded my tyipying alowng witfht Dyslexia :D

That Metallic Red Barracuda posted earlier is BITCHIN!!!

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I always like the racing factory stripe..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 1965Cuda

1965Cuda
    from Oklahoma

Boyd Wylie yes it was a v8 when my dad looked at it he found out it was S Type

5. 1965Cuda

1965Cuda
    from Oklahoma

Thank all of you guys for the pictures!!!!!!!!!!

6. Congrats on having a cool car to learn on!
    I had a slant-6 powered '66 back in college (early 90's) way to many times I've wished I still had it.
    If you've got a /6 k-member, there are companies that make engine mounts that let you bolt in a small block mopar v-8. If your looking for big block power, it can be done, but will require some underhood surgery. Good luck on gettin the old girl back on the road!

7. Formula S.... Sweet deal. 273 V8 and 4 barrel carb. Also may have had those keen center racing stripes.

8. 1965Cuda

1965Cuda
    from Oklahoma

My plans are to build a period correct street/strip hot rod. My dad has a 360 with a NOS Hilborn injection,727 torqueflight that he restored. I hope to talk him out of it.

9. SloppyEggs

SloppyEggs

That oughta shut the assholes up.

10. Now yer talkin!
    If & when I ever get my hands on another early 'cuda it'll probably go that direction as well. Keep us updated on your progress!

11. D-man313

D-man313

1965cuda: Check out forabodiesonly.com its another forum but just for a body mopars.

Great pictures already posted

12. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

I always loved the Gen1 Barracudas more than Gen 2 or 3 most people would call me crazy And my car in high school was a 68 barracuda (excluding 66 those were the ugliest front end of any mopar.IMO) My dad had a 64 440 twin turbo barracuda when i was a kid it was awesome, Ive always loved the one shown not sure whos it is but ive read about it in mopar magazines since the mid 90's and managed to find some pictures of it i believe it was a 360 twin turbo i just love the stance color motor stripes, i would probabily put a little bigger tire in the back (cause these cars just look awesome with giant rubber in the back). I also grew up living next door to Bob Riggle (HEMIUNDERGLASS) So these cars just have so much appeal to me they look good in orange too. Im a sucker for white stripes on these cars...:D

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. SloppyEggs

SloppyEggs

15. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

I know it's not the correct year, but I saw this one in Cloverdale last summer. . .

[​IMG]

16. 1965Cuda

1965Cuda
    from Oklahoma

17. Rodshop

Rodshop

It is cool- but less rim,. more tire.

18. welcome and cool you got an S one....it was funny (since we had Valients around the house) that my first car - which my mom took me to look at - was an S 4 speed that dad would not let me drag home ( I would get it later) he allowed me to drag my first car -a Stude truck - (a friend of his) home...I got (dragged) that 4sp S home after getting my first 65 and my first house...and would get a few 1964's in the collection as well....and finally completed my S collection with a 69 340...

post a pic or two when you get the chance....

19. 48reo

48reo

well spoken. I learned that one after having a build post deleted...good stuff here! but with the mix of generations its a slippery slope sometimes.

20. servi53

servi53

I like what you got going on here, keep us posted on your progress

21. briz

briz

lets see some pics of the old girl- the rougher the better! The rougher it is, the more of a blank canvas it is. So, lets see where youre starting at.
    And that powertrain hardware sounds bitchin too. Lets see some of that.

Best of Luck on your first project.

22. Mr.Wilson

Mr.Wilson
    BANNED

When was working at the car wash in the late 60s, it was a Mad dash to jump into the front seat, nobody wanted to be stuck cleaning those back windows...:D

23. 1965Cuda

1965Cuda
    from Oklahoma

I've got pictures on my profile in albums but I can't get them loaded here ......

24. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Your car seems pretty welcome dude, When I was 16, I wanted to buy a 65 barracuda a guy had for sale, headers, mags all the cool stuff :rolleyes:,my dad had to look at it ,He knew right away it was a beat piece of S**t :(,wouldn't let me buy it, (proablly a good thing), so you know what he let me buy, A 65 pontiac Tempest station wagon :mad: ,, Man I wish I still had that wagon:D , Saved my money and bought this 3 years later:D, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

25. 1965Cuda

1965Cuda
    from Oklahoma

Thanks guys for the posts.

26. 117harv

117harv

:)...

Attached Files:

27. 1965Cuda

1965Cuda
    from Oklahoma

dragsled that tempest sounds pretty cool.

28. 1965Cuda

1965Cuda
    from Oklahoma

117harv thanks for putting some of my pictures on this thred.

29. 1965Cuda

1965Cuda
    from Oklahoma

My mom talked my dad into buying the barracuda for me.

30. 1965Cuda

1965Cuda
    from Oklahoma

The injection is what im trying to talk my dad out of.