Register now to get rid of these ads!

Post up your pictures of the "Worst Hackjob" you've come across.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by venturesomerite, Feb 21, 2012.

1. ScooterCO

ScooterCO
    from Parker, CO

She is a twenty footer.
    Too good of deal to pass on, other wise I would not have gotten her.
    She came with a lot of issues........

Attached Files:

2. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

Found this on Craigslist, reminded me of one of the other posts...

Attached Files:

3. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

Some one got it half right,,, got rid of half of that Chevy! :D:D

Just kidding, don't shoot! :eek:

4. I kinda like it! From a "potential" point of view, anyway.

5. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

That one is almost as bad as this one I saw at the Jefferson WI swapmeet last fall:

[​IMG]

The scary thing is someone thought these were good ideas:eek:

6. fnla39

fnla39

Went to a show here awhile back. Lots of cobbled junk but the kicker was the guy that had a wire mesh floor in his " rod" and nothing covering the transmission he had his kids car seat in the car and drive out of there with him in the seat. I wanted to pull him out of the vehicle.

7. Scumdog

Scumdog

That kinda thing ladies is why in New Zealand we have modified vehicle certification.

And 6 monthly warrant of fitness checks for all vehicles (except for those up to five years old - they are checked every 12 months.)

Even the rat-rods have to be of a certain standard to LEGALLY be on our roads.

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I think with a little work to the top this car would have the same proportions as my cartoon avatar.

[​IMG]

9. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

10. 1970malibu

1970malibu
    from Minnesota

Do you know anything about that Henry J in the background? Looks a lot like one I have been looking for especially if that's the motor sitting by the dash. PM me if you know anything.

11. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

Take the trunk lid off mount some golf bags in the back and you would have one heck of a Golf Cart. Then add Beer holders and you would be set.

Attached Files:

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey rocketsam, you don't happen to have that guys number do ya? I was telling a friend about that car awhile ago for parts...

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

sad part about this thing is that it was "built" from a super clean '49 convertible... Recenty...

14. Scumdog

Scumdog

That is so bad in so many ways - I guess the tapered holes in the spindle have been drilled out for the bolt running through the heim-joint?
    And all the eyes on the 'suspension' look to have been welded on, including the one on the steering arm
    The only safe item is the split-pin on the tie-rod nut.

15. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:eek:What a bunch of f`ups.I can`t even weld,but I could do that good.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

16. upspirate

upspirate

This might be salvageable as a luggage trailer,but would have to loose an axle to tow right

17. NRDave

NRDave
    from Deltona,fl

I have actually seen a lot of work like this. Sad to say.

18. philjafo

philjafo
    from right here

Looks like a micro machine, the tiny little toy cars that you put a penny in the trunk and it rides a wheelie.

19. Reminds me of a car a kid had when I was in high school. A redneck donk, I guess you'd call it now, a '71 CHevy Kingswood Estate Wagon, body and frame stripped of suspension and put on a lifted Chevy 4x4 truck frame with like 36" tires. Welded maybe in a few places.

The reason I know it was built that way is because when the kid wrecked it, it rolled and had to be hauled away on two seperate rollbacks, one for the frame and one for the body. He was killed in the wreck, but I don't remember now if it was just a flat tire at high speed or if the driveshaft broke and came through the floor and took a chunk out of his head first.

20. docmike

docmike

I'm still pretty new here and I'm not an "experienced" builder but there is a lot of $h!t here that scares me. I can look the other way when it's bad bodywork and even 1" thick body filler over screwed on patches. I won't even bitch about guys that want to drive a rod that is completely covered with rust but it has to be safe.

Doc

21. I'll have to see if there is some photo evidence, it was pre-digital camera but--- my uncle and grandpa used to run a wrecking yard (back when you had to sell parts to make money, not just crush everything). They bought a car ($15 if memory serves) ran fine, kinda rusty for being here in the desert. Pop the hood and there is a length of conduit welded to each shock tower (unibody) and bubblegummed to the carburetor. Looked like the poor thing had done the splits once and they pinched it back together. Uncle couldn't bare to scrap the thing after its pitiful treatment so they used it as a yard car. Throw a transmission on the roof and haul it up to the gate, etc. Drove for a couple years on siphoned yard gas, being used as a mule, no air cleaner (cause the pipe was tacked to the carb inlet) with junk tossed on every square inch of it til it looked like a wadded piece of foil.

22. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thanks rocketsam, I'll pass it along.

24. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

:mad: where did I put my hangin' rope? :mad:

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya, my thoughts exactly...

26. Harms Way

Harms Way

Not the worst,.... but would you guys feel safe driving this ?...... Even drilled holes with a "gas ax"..... Do you know this car ? :confused:;):D

[​IMG]

27. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

I dont have a photo but that purple 36 five window Jesse James built was the worst pile of garbage I saw with my own eyes in quite a while. The chop alone was worth some sort of shame award.

28. 62nova

62nova

Excellant.

29. Luke4554

Luke4554

You mean like my pontiac when i brought it home ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

.. underneath it all ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Special thanks to the previous "artist" for giving me the chance to polish up on my patch panel welding.. i THOROUGHLY enjoyed it .. :rolleyes:

Luke

30. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden