Register now to get rid of these ads!

26-7 T Modified Build ALL FORD - BY FORD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fastrnu, Nov 24, 2010.

1. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Got the start of my inner floor shaped and laid in place. Not bad for a half hour, a couple cuts with the cut off wheel and a trip to the "Jim Ford Knee Bender 2000".
    Momma brought home a stack of pizza and what not. Were gonna party with the kids and welcome in the new year. Yahoo! Martinellis on the rocks baby!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Attached Files:

brEad likes this.
  2. greaser

greaser

It takes a good eye to make the bend that symmetrical. Great job!
    What gauge material did you use?

3. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Thanks!
    We took a piece of 16 gauge and drew it out. Cut out the area for the bell housing. Laid it on the floor with a piece of 3"x1/4" flat bar. My son and I stood on the flat bar like a couple of ballerinas (NO TUTUS HONEST) while Jim bent it till we got the outsides bent. We'll be calling this "The Floor Brake".
    Stuck it in the Knee Bender and worked it into shape. Couple whallops with a rubber mallot at the ass end to bring the tunnel back to floor level.
    Once we add the piece for the bell housing it will be solid. Since I built this on a T frame the inside width is only 20" or so.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  4. Dan in Canada

Dan in Canada

That "Jim Ford Knee Bender 2000" sure works nice!!!

That is one of the best transmission humps I've seen. :D

5. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Best part is he works for FOOD and hot rod parts. Long as I have a fire in the garage stove. He refuses to work in the cold. My garage stays 10 degrees colder in the winter and 20-30 degrees warmer in the summer.

6. 55willys

55willys

I am a bit sore from bending 16 gauge cave man style. Thanks for the complement on the shape. I love it when a plan comes together.

7. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Finally got some shots of the new fire wall formed and put in. We formed it on a piece of 1.5" exhaust pipe in a vise.
    Set body on to see how it works with the new tunnel. Looks pretty good.
    28 degrees here tonite, got so cold in the garage that the fire froze solid in the woodstove. Decided to take rest of the nite off.
    When it thaws out a little we get the seat cut down and lowered about 2".

Attached Files:

8. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Nice car, keep at it!! :)

9. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Thanks!
    Right now getting a fire in the stove and getting the seat riser out.

10. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

seat riser is out plan of attack is laid. Think I will go do the same Gnite

11. 55willys

55willys

I will be by this afternoon to work on cutting down the seat riser.

12. rockfish

rockfish

Great build. I've got the front half of '26 T touring and a running Model A chassis waiting after I get my current project done. Getting a lot of ideas from this thread. Cowl steering fab, master cylinder mount and using the cowl vent for access are great. Lots of other clever stuff too. I guess it's easy with your fully equipped home machine shop:D Keep the updates coming please.

13. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

looking great, I do a lot of shaping over my knee 16g steel is tough though.

David

14. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

looking great, I do a lot of shaping over my knee 16g steel is tough though.

David

15. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Thank you! Is that technique included in you DVD? Jim and I may KNEEd to get one. LOL
    (I crack me up sometimes)

brEad likes this.
  16. 55willys

55willys

I watched the you tube video. Excellent work and explanation! I shape metal a lot at work. I work for Fosses Hot Rods and Cool cars. Have brake, shrinker, stretcher, sand bag, railroad iron for anvil, couple hammers and some dollies so seeing you do that with a minimal of tools is nice. I will have to get your dvd when I can afford it.:rolleyes:

17. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Thanks to both of you. fastrnu I will be watching this build looks great so far. 55willys I took a look at the video shop tour of the place you work. Nice workshop. My place is small, space is a premium here in the UK.

David

Just thought I would add a link to my '27 T on '32 chassis build on here in case you were interested. I am building a body for it from scratch.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=596032

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  18. hron13

hron13
    from sandy eggo

you know what, Im gonna say it. You may be an asshole, but i like what you did with those master cylinders, good use of a cowl vent.

good luck on the rest of the build man

19. KKrod

KKrod

A great thread. I'm subscribed now!

20. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Thanks karl. Been stagnent here for a bit. Cold kinda shut me down. Joints aint what they used to be. Picked up a 78-80 Mustang turbo motor. Rebuilt the bottom end. Tubo was already done. Got flange cut fot the little shorty header 55WILLYS gonna build. Looking to get roller topend next. Might as well kick a few more ponies out of that little 2.3. Will be stting up a pair of 94's. That turbo intake sets about 3.5" higher then the old one. Nice place to set a pair of 94's

21. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Im ready for info on your progress....:)

22. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Sorry about the delay. Found out I been fighting pneumonia and a broken rib. Heres some shots of the header progress. Plus a mockup of how the carbs will sit. I have my bro "Gator" making the aluminum adapter between my Eelco twin adapter carb and the stock turbo manifold.
    55willys should have the header finished welded t'morow the 2 1x4" bends showed up today so we can start building the header to turbo pipe next.
    First shot was for kicks and grins.....pitty the passenger LOL
    Soon as we get the crossover pipe done they get sent off to the powdercoat guy.

Attached Files:

23. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

heres a shot of the tubes getting ready to fit inside the old collector we scavenged of another 2.3. We heated the tubes on the inside corners and use a square punch handle to make the inside 90's.

Attached Files:

24. I can't believe I just came across this thread. I have been stock piling parts for a 50s style slat flat build. Keep up the great work.

25. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Yeah don't put a lot of time into posting. We jut kinda keep plugging at it.

26. swimeasy

swimeasy

I have been watching since the start also, I am digging this car!

27. Kool project I will keep following this one.

Frenchy

28. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Spent last 2 days workin with 55willys building the crossover from the header to the turbo. Gotta say he's an artist with a cutoff wheel. We bought 3 J bends and went after it. Mission accomplished. Now it gets taken back out for the 27th time and will get tig'd. On schedule for next Thursday for the crossover and header to go get coated. Starting to move a little better right now. Found my Model A shocks today need to get back to pimpin attorneys, bux are getting a little low.

Attached Files:

29. daddio211

daddio211

Is forgotten about this build! Thanks for the update!

Sent from atop my toilet using the TJJ app for Android.

30. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Got hit in the side of my $400 Aerostar last week. Yesterday Geico showed up and gave me 2,100 bux for the damages. Still drivable. Cashed the check, called M&S Hydraulics down in Hillsboro Or. and ordered 4 new Model A shocks with the tube type links. Already had 4 dog bones but do think I like these more better.
    Also 55willys finished the TIG welding on the exhaust. Plan to dismantle the turbo t'morrow nite so we can send it all off to get coated. 55wills buddy is taking a class this weekend on doing Cerakote and needed some pieces to do in the class and I need an affordable type deal. At $18.00 for a 1" by 1' strip I sure need any break I can get. Will post picks when they come back
    If you go to the site I have chosen the Titanium coating
    cerakotehightemp.com

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013