Register now to get rid of these ads!

40 Ford wiring question turn signal foul up !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Goodlife, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Goodlife

Goodlife

After several months of chemo I finally got back to work on the project. Bought a rebel wire 9 plus 3 some time ago and got it hooked up with not too much effort. Got the flatty back from the builder and got all the wires run and she fired right up.
    The problem surfaced with the turn signals when the engine was started. The car has led lights with a lime works turn signal unit. I put in a no load, three prong, grounded led flasher and the turn lights work just fine until I start the car and then the turn signals just kind of flutter with no clear blink when activated. Turn the engine off and they work fine.
    I'm stumped so any constructive suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. BillM

BillM
    Member Emeritus

Using a generator? Sounds like an electrical noise issue.

3. Goodlife

Goodlife

No generator on this one, put on a one wire alternator I had, put in a new battery too just to be sure.

4. duste01

duste01

usually when you get a flutter, its from high resistance. You might double check your grounds and see what kind of ohm readings you get. Also do a voltage reading across your flasher under both mentioned conditions.

5. fordor41

fordor41

Maybe signal is running off the ballast resistor circuit and getting only 6-8 V

6. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

Do the turn signals work properly when you step on the brake?