Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally Got a Henry J

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swade41, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Thanks guys, edweird you think blue would look better than a brighter green ?

2. Congrats I traded my model A for one this fall . I also got a free one that had parts I needed Note both of them have trunks

3. edweird

edweird

one shot emerald green would look good.its a bright medium green.

4. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Looks good Phil. Whats the plan for the frontend again?? Next meeting at Pauls next week.New government takes charge! The roller king and brush king in the same garage!!

5. jgang

jgang
    from hamburg ny

looks super cool phil. hope you and the fam had a great xmas. im gonna have to pick your brain about a few things pretty soon... i got that 28 29 body home... anyhow, the henry j looks killer and im excited to see how the whole car turns out. be good!

6. straightaxlej

straightaxlej

blue against white, beside orange and yellow. my $.02, looks bitchin can't wait to see it finished

7. Smilin Jack

Smilin Jack

Swade,
    The J looks awesome. I miss mine. Found out I didn't need to sell it as bad as I thought.

Jackie

8. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Oh man that rules!

Fog the plate edges orange!

9. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

That looks great! Either the green or the blue pinstripe will look great!

10. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Could always go with Purple too to put it over the top. ;)

11. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

12. Thanks and Happy New Year to everyone !

I goofed around buffing this thing out, ran out of the good stuff and was using cheap turtle wax at the end. It shines but also shows a heck of a lot of mistakes in my pseudo paint job..lol Do not get closer than 20ft....ha ha ha

Just showing how far away objects do reflect in this and also the results of not wet sanding further.

[​IMG]

just a reflection of the engine behind the quarter window

[​IMG]

and a look of southern made skin living in a cold north east climate....dry...

[​IMG]

13. Clik

Clik

Oh well, isn't that why we did graphics back in the day, to hide imperfection? More graphics.

14. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Hey, if it looks good from 20' then it's good enough for me! I love great paint, but considering what you saved I'd be tickled with a 20' paint job!

15. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Happy New Year Phil!

Car looks great

16. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I like it !.......Littleman

17. Hey Phil, once it gets covered in cooking grease spots, no one will notice!-MIKE:eek::D

HAPPY NEW YEAR

18. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Cooking grease is the new Armorall.:D Looks great Phil and happy new year.

19. Nu-B

Nu-B
    from Denver CO

Very Sweet!!!! Enjoy!

20. The paint looks great but do something about those dishpan hands!

21. I know right, guess that's what you get when you work outside all your life. Ha, every winter I could sand this paint without sand paper, or oil them up and spread that onto the paint...lol
    I swear every time I head back home to southern Mo. my skin goes right back to normal though.
    Enough about me, I need to finish the doors and front clip on this thing !

22. yup and smells better ha ha

23. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

get the front painted yet?

:cool:

24. Ha Ha, don't even have the doors put together yet much less hinging the front and paint. The flu has kicked my ass for the last week and a couple house projects for little mama is going on.
    I promised her new floors when I bought that Harley, I've had 520 sq ft of it sitting for two weeks so that project started Friday. So far we have one room and a small hallway done and another room and hallway to go. If mama is not happy I have blue balls and I don't like those...lol

25. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

the stock 51 will be ready to roll 1st warm days of spring
    mines not as nice looking but it runs and drives
    i will get dem pictures in the spring i promise

:cool:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  26. Well I've been keeping the misses happy doing some house fixeruppers but took a break from that and got back in the garage.
    I started the process of joining the steel window frames to the glass doors. Not as easy as one would suspect because there are no inner structures in the glass doors like the steel ones to attach them to. Got one done and a good start on the other, keeping weight in mind of course to keep them light and functional.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got the call today that new gears are ready to go so went and picked that up. Now of course I stop at the parts store for gear lube and got caught up in the brake clean being bogo (buy one get one) and totally forget the gasket...doh
    I changed from the 4.11's to 4.57's so that should get things moving a littler faster I hope.

[​IMG]

Yesterday at a swap meet I spotted some yellow light in the original GE boxes for 10.00 bucks each, so you know those have to get put into the car ! Actually I was going to paint the existing lights a yellow tent anyways but this makes it so much easier.

[​IMG]

That's about it, get these doors done then I can start painting them and then getting the hinge made for the front tilt will be in order. I still plan on pulling the torque convertor and getting the stall redone for a cool near 4,000 launch....yeah I'm a little excited about the new launch !

27. Clik

Clik

Some gasser guys used to leave the window regulators out and use something like a lawn chair strap in a "U" (like a cradle) under the Plexi window. To lower the window you just unsnap the strap and let it slide into the door by weight of the Plex. You could use multiple snaps for height adjustment if you were particular.

28. Right, that would save a couple pounds on each door but just something about being in an old car with roll up windows. Although an old race car with straps has it's appeal too, seems like it may be teeter tottery and get bound up.
    Got the center section back in tonight, went pretty smooth for some reason..lol

29. Got the center section back in tonight, went pretty smooth for some reason..lol[/QUOTE]

OH BOY, don't let the car hear you say that!!-MIKE:eek::D:p

30. 1arock

1arock

Higher stall and lower gears, sounds like you're building a wheel stander. It sure sounds like you will be having fun. I like the paint it looks great from where I'm sitting.