Register now to get rid of these ads!

1951 or 1952 ford truck builds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54cruzer, Dec 22, 2012.

1. 54cruzer

54cruzer
    from florida

I am looking for a 51-52 f1 build thread, with pics, I want to check out different ways you mounted the cab/made mounts for: (HOLD ON, yes I know, please forgive me) an S10 frame!!!!
    I used advanced search for over an hour, didn't find many picture threads.
    I know all about dropped staight axles and other clips/pricey kits, just want to get some ideas on the mounts for the 51/52 s10, don't want to buy a kit, I've got plenty of metal and prefer to make them. thanks

2. 54cruzer

54cruzer
    from florida

found plenty of 48-52 AD chevy truck builds,I know the concept is the same, just hoping to see some f1 stuff with build pics, can't get to the shop today, just looking for mount ideas

3. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Haven't seen one in person on an S10 chassis yet, but a neighbor of mine built a really nice maroon one on a 1970s Chevy shortbed (full size) pickup chassis back in the 80s. Ended up with a nice stance, but still suitable for a daily driver/work truck, which is what he used it for.

4. 54cruzer

54cruzer
    from florida

thanks, looking for specifically the s frame, My buddy and I have built several f-1s
    have done dropped axles, g-body frames and others, just hoping to see some s frame pics under 51-2s today. MII not in the budget for this one either.

5. 54cruzer

54cruzer
    from florida

Well, nothing to mounting the cab and lengthening the frame, Does anyone have any pics of the engine compartment for this type of build? I would like to cut the inner fenders to fit before I try to set the front clip on, so I don't have to do too much "cut,put it on/take it off,cut by myself". thanks

6. dirtracer

dirtracer

Get out the flame wrench, the b f h and let it rock cuz!

7. 54cruzer

54cruzer
    from florida

okay cuz, I'll use my spark wrench
    don't get a ticket

8. dirtracer

dirtracer

I hear ya brother, I can't stand any more points or another infraction ticket from the
    P.P.!