Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do Ya Drive a H.A.M.B. Friendly Hot Rod to Work Daily?? Show Them!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kennkat, Dec 23, 2012.

1. kennkat

kennkat

I do... :) to the tune of 100+ miles a day! She's lookin a bit worn!! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  2. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

The last 3 I havd had in the last 2 years.My current one , a truck for a month and my last one,all 75 miles a day plus runnin around after work. The aren't A coupes, but its a little wetter in the NW
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. kennkat

kennkat

They are Damn KOOL!

4. I live about 2 miles from work and frequently drive the roadster to work - on warm days and when I'm not going on the road.....

5. Gator

Gator

My '55 Chevy pickup.

[​IMG]

6. D-man313

D-man313

Drive my truck everyday to school.

[​IMG]

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

drove my 61 Dodge to work for 2 months while looking for a new daily driver. it sucked. driving old cars in Bay Area commute traffic is not a good time mostly due to the non sychro first 3-speed column shift. I would never do it just for fun because it isn't.

8. kennkat

kennkat

The title of this thread is " Do Ya Drive a H.A.M.B. Friendly Hot Rod to Work Daily?? Show Them!" Not "Is it too tough for me to drive an old car in the city"
    :eek::eek::eek: If you do not drive one why are you posting here??? :eek::eek::eek:
    I drive my '52 Binder in and around the bay area on a weekly basis and have since 2001... :):):)

9. I used to drive a HAMB friendly pickup to work but now I don't really drive anything and I don't work. Maybe I wll drive something again but ya just never know and I doubt that I work again.

Sorry I just wanted to post on your thread. :eek:

10. lizzie

lizzie

my '64 Mercury Marauder is my daily. This is a pic of her a few weeks ago when I bought her. [​IMG]

11. Folks like us are always working^^^,besides retired sounds better than un-employed:D

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

you are evidently way more cool than I am.:)

13. kennkat

kennkat

:):):)Love It! I am JEALOUS!!! :):):)

14. tinsled

tinsled

Newfisher, Your rides are just ûber cool! I especially like the Suburban and '55 STW - Long may you run!

15. I would drive any of these every day if they were mine, too!!!!

16. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

It was raining this morning, Yes, in Sunny So Cal. I had to watchout for the puddles. It should be clear on my way home.:cool:

Attached Files:

17. it never rains in Southern California, everyday's a holiday in spring. . . :D

18. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Thanks guys. I think I have found the perfect work rig for my situation with the Suburban. I really liked the wagon and how it turned out for a 70+ round trip DD work driver, heated seats, automatic etc, but the interior came out so light (looked amazing) that tossing greasy parts in the back was a hassle and the 65lb hound dog snot was getting out of hand. The rubber mat burb with vinyl seats work great! Been working on dropping it, hot rod 250 and this weekend converting it to 700r4. The Apache I only had for a month, I was going to drive it while the burb was down, but the engine deal came up and I quickly free'd up some liquid cash with the sale of the truck to get the engine.

19. kennkat

kennkat

:D:D:D Hell Yes!!!! :D:D:D

20. kennkat

kennkat

Really? No Body else drives a H.A.M.B friendly Hot Rod daily?

21. raidmagic

raidmagic

I can't, I need my truck for work alot. I have to get the kids after school so an older truck isn't an option for me. After I get the few bugs on the Hudson worked out I'll drive it alot

22. D.R.Smith

D.R.Smith

I drive this as my daily truck.I gave up on work in 2007.Now I play,some days are hard play,some are not.I hope you all live long enough to retire.

Attached Files:

23. von zipper

von zipper

My Ranchero gets better MPG than my 2002 F150! More fun too! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356810865.837072.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356810906.787473.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356810936.142750.jpg

24. kennkat

kennkat

:D:D:D That's what I'm Talk'in About!! NICE Rides, much nicer looking than my 'Ol War Horse! :D:D:D

25. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

My 54 Buick is all I have other than the Harley. Drive it everyday everywhere. Here she is outside the in-laws on Christmas Day.

[​IMG]

26. Once my Apache is road worthy I'm gonna drive the shit out of it everyday! Got a 40 mile round trip commute to work so that's not to bad. Should be getting around 20-25 mpg with the 4.3. Can't wait!!

27. kennkat

kennkat

:D:D:D AWESOME!! :D:D:D Here is my house @ Xmas... (PLEASE Excuse the "girls" cars!!):D:D:D My 23 "T" is currently getting a "face-lift", my '41 Willys P.U. build will start late next year after the "T" is done, but My '52 IHC hauls my butt everywhere.... It's been that way since 2001. :D:D:D KEEP 'Em Cumm'in!!:D:D:D

Attached Files:

28. 1929 Chevy

1929 Chevy

My '65 chevy. I build em to drive em.

Attached Files:

29. drumyn29

drumyn29

I drive this daily and I am the busiest Beverly Hills Handyman around.

Attached Files:

30. I drive them a lot but not every day,

I drove this one every single day for about 5 years,I was considerably younger at that time and my wife drove a 40 Ford sedan daily..they were the only things I had that ran,,late 70's early 80's.

[​IMG]

I've been driving hot rods for close to 40 years and don't have anything to prove so I drive one of my cars whenever the notion strikes,,also depends on which car has the most gas.

These are seen often in the parking lot at work. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]