Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best way to get it up - the driveway.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kursed56, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mart

Mart

Put a 12V truck battery on the car, remove the plugs, put it in low and crank it up there.

If using any ropes, just be aware that if it breaks, the car will roll away.

Mart.

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG] Find a guy with a vintage coal delivery truck......... or call a rollback. Bob

3. truck with a snow plow and tire would work.

4. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

This qualifies for "Northern Tool"; "Nothin' a little horsepower can't solve"!! ZZZAAAAAVVVAARRROOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. chiro

chiro

Come on!!!

I had the same problem when I was a kid working on my '40 Olds'. Got a bunch of my friends together and we pushed it up the hill and into the garage. My hill was shorter and steeper than yours. It was easy and fast. I think there were four pushers and someone in the car steering.

Done.

6. txturbo

txturbo

This reminds me of a thread a read several years ago....a guy inherited a car from his grandfather. His grandfather had turned it sideways in the garage and moved it all the way against the front wall where it sat for 15+ years. His solution to getting it out was to hire a guy to come out with a chainsaw and cut a hole in the side of the garage to push it out into the yard. Then cut out a section of fence to push it into the driveway. Then he paid someone to put it back together. He had a lot of pics to document his "garage find". After he posted all this the first reply said...."damn....you realize you could have just bought a $50 floor jack to do the same thing".....

7. chopped

chopped

Is the ability to push a car up a hill a lost art?

8. little t

little t

if getting a project car up that driveway is that big of a project you might want to sell it off and get into something different like underwater basket weaving

9. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

8 friends, case of beer, 8 guys 80 bucks, flat bed tow ,50 bucks. Whats the big deal.

10. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I actually have the same house set up and had the same vehicle moving issue this fall, only I was going from the garage to the slab behind the garage with a engineless/brakeless car. I appreciate all the REAL suggestions people have given. I understand wanting to do it cheap, easy, permanent, quickly, whatever. I do know that if I ever move from this house, the next one will NOT have a hill, or a north facing driveway here in Minnesota.
    BTW, I had a friend come over with his tilt bed trailer and we set it in the driveway so the bed was level, rolled the car down to the trailer, then backed it around the garage and unloaded it. It's nervewracking moving a brakeless car around on a steep hill, knowing the situation could end badly, so I feel for the OP!

11. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

PAGE 6 ?? Maybe a moderator can shut this repeative thread down.

12. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I'm baffled at the fact that this thread is so long, and at some of the answers. Get friends to help push it up or push it with a vehicle and a tire in between. It's not like your gonna get moving fast enough to put it through the back wall of the garage. This guy doesn't need to install a winch or buy a block and tackle, he needs to put on his man pants and push the thing in the damn garage. I mean really, my first thought is how did the car get to your house? I live in Minnesota with steep driveways like that and I've never seen someone with a trailer who wasn't able to back into their driveway. Since the trailer is gone now next logical step is push it. Me and the two teenage boys next door pushed my galaxie up my driveway and a 3/4 ton diesel truck up theirs with just us three. Just get it done already.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

13. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

So I'm assuming he took everyone's advice, the Ford went through the garage, tore up his cable & phone lines and took out the internet service to his house preventing a reply to this post?

14. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

Zoning laws be damned, build a garage at bottom of driveway.

Kids don't get enough physical activity these days.

15. kracker36

kracker36

Humans ( or maybe ancient aliens ) built the pyramids, so there is hope. I would disassemble the car in the road and haul it up to the garage and then put it back together.

16. You got my vote.

He could then get a roll back to haul the engine, transmission and other heavy parts up the drive way.

He might have read all of these suggestion and now is in therapy.

17. kracker36

kracker36

Sturgis, For the trans and engine-----levitation is always an option. Electromagnetic levitation (EML), patented by Muck in 1923, enables the levitation of an object using electromagnetic radiation and is a commonly used containerless technique in experimental condensed matter physics. A typical EML coil has reversed winding of upper and lower sections energized by a Radio frequency (RF) power supply. The RF field induces eddy currents in the sample which interact with the inhomogeneous magnetic field of the levitation coil, inducing a force which by Lenz's law acts on the sample in the direction of low magnetic field strength. This can be adjusted in order to compensate against the force of gravity and hence levitate the sample. The eddy currents can lead to inductive heating of the sample which can allow melting of the sample and hence study of the liquid state.

If it melts, then you are fuct.

18. chubbie

chubbie

ACME rocket booster and some twine string..."BEEP BEEP"

19. 01Dudley

01Dudley

He probably put a battery in the car, airred up the tires, then added some gas and drove it up the driveway. The car has now been painted, new engine installed, interior complete, and he is now putting on the last coat of wax while we are all still talking about how to get it up the driveway.:D.

THANKS FOR COMING OUT! See you all next week for the new thread on "How do I get my project car DOWN my driveway into the garage?"

20. 41fastback

41fastback

If the engine turns over and it's a manual trans, put a battery in it and run it up the driveway on the starter.

21. kracker36

kracker36

Well kiss my grits! Well then how does he plan to get it back down the driveway?

22. Underwater basket weaving??hahahahaha

Ok,another option is to hang around some Mexican folk,they'll show you how's done,
    They can push a car up a steep driveway,while drunk.
    Trust me i know,I seen my uncle do it many times.
    2 pregnant women pushin the car,kids steering while my uncle and his friends made sure the Corona s didnt get crushed.

Another option is to send Gunnery Sergeant Hartman,your way,he will teach you.

23. Truckedup

Truckedup

That's why you need an old Jeep....to push or pull what needs to be pushed or pulled.And a winch so the Jeep can pull itself when it breaks down

24. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Get a "Car Cannon"! Shoot it right into your garage!
    [​IMG]

25. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Buy a different house. Simple as that.

26. When I am working at home and have heavy lifting or slugging to do-I just bet the teenage boys across the street a pizza they can't do it-works every time.;)

27. desotot

desotot

Nothing a bunch of friends can't fix. Trouble with factoring beer into the equation is that they may not go home when the job is done.

28. kma4444

kma4444

Mmmmmm, I want some beer now

29. von zipper

von zipper

No friends?Neighbors? cub Scouts? Really? All this time? What's your name? ,,,,,,Mr. burns????? EXCELLENT!!!!!

30. Do we even know what it is and what state of stuffed its in!!!!!!!!!!! Some very cool suggestions all the same :) JW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.