Register now to get rid of these ads!

The "Uncertain T"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chaz, May 24, 2005.

1. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

Friend request sent!

2. Got it. Glad to have you aboard!

3. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Steve,theses are some superkewl items you are letting go.I wish I could afford to bid on them.I hope the winning bidders come through with the funds for you!
    I am just looking forward to a T-shirt or any other items that you may end up producing in the near future.
    Regard's,Myron_

4. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Would be even cooler if you would show up with it to sign autographs !

5. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

The Current state of the car would be neat to see... to bad it cannot be seen.. before and after pictures would be cool..

No different than the Fireball 500 when it was found..

6. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

I'm not really trying to be unnecessarily harsh here, but Jim Street refuses to show us his car and he's an asshole for it. Steve Scott refuses to show us his and he's wonderful. For all the time spent posting and hawking his wares here, Steve could obtain a photo and post it.
    I understand its his choice and he can do as he pleases, but I'm wondering if they're not trying to put together another "original". Yeah, I'm a doubter.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  7. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Im not a believer here.. the car was once owned.. Now isnt ,, but a friend has it.. and its not posted is its current state.. its hype, all over nothing.

8. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

The Uncertain-T rules so much.

9. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

I agree....a whole lotta NOTHING!!!

10. butch27

butch27

I agree: Let's bless this post and wrap it up and get back to building our cars.

11. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Most artists dont want anyone seeing their work until it is finished to their satisfaction even if a freind is restoring it. Nothing new here. Cars like this are done more for their esthetics than for how they are put together or how well they operate.Its not about a mechanical build. Its art and expression. Some here have said they understand. Others just wont get it.

12. dirtracer06

dirtracer06

13. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Hey Steve, I have a poster of your car on the shops wall....Man that thing is very cool....

14. Hey! That's it! Let people live their own lives!

I've had it with YOU, and a few other constant complainers here that have almost ruined this wonderful board!

I know of AT LEAST 20 VERY nice, excellent model builders who have STOPPED coming here because of complainers like you! You've almost ruined the H.A.M.B. for all the members who want to share the world of model building in a POSITIVE way!

How many HOT rods, or cars of any type have YOU built that have won Sweepstakes in EVERY car show that you ever entered it in? How many have won ANYTHING? For that matter, how many model builds, or ANYTHING have you ever created that's different enough to be even be considered "Special?

As far as I've seen, all you do is bitch and complain. Maybe you're the asshole? Clean up your act, or GO AWAY!

15. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Steve. many of us here are honored to have you here. Please dont let these few that were brought up to have no respect,deter you. Please keep us updated as the Uncertain T comes back to life and thanks for building it in the first place.

16. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I have to admit, I am a little turned off by a few things that have happened since you reappeared, Steve. It seems to me that you are trying to turn this into a money making venture rather than to simply honor the history of a one time showcar that a lot of people grew up building models of and loving.

We hot rodders turn guys who built a particular car into heros, and some of them keep that status throughout their lives. For example, Norm Grabowski is one who took the time to make every fan who tugged on his shirt tail feel important. Yes, Norm did sell signed copies of posters and other things for income in his later years, but he didn't seem to exploit his fame as I kinda feel you are at this point.

For me, the mystery and romance of the Uncertain T have been tarnished a little now, especially with your latest comments about this forum. Sorry, I have to tell it like I feel it. The car just doesn't mean the same to me now as it did a little while ago.

Don

Scooterville likes this.
  17. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

Well said.:(

18. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know Don, that seems like a pretty fine distinction you're making here. I'm not comparing Steve to Norm, but trading on your reputation is a time-honored American tradition and there's not a thing wrong with it. I don't know Steve from Adam, but I can understand his situation. If he needs money and he can make some money from his inspired design of so many years ago, why not? Since he doesn't own the car any more, he probably has little to say about its future. Seems to me he's just doing what he can to continue to be a part of it. In his shoes, I'm not sure I would do any different. :confused:

19. metalshapes

metalshapes

Yeah, this thread has taken a turn for the worse.

First off, Ebay links are not allowed on the Main Board.
    And Steve has posted a couple now.

Second, to come on the HAMB as a brand new User and tell people that they are assholes and should go away is not acceptable.

Its even more bizzarre, since he told that to the guy that started this very thread...

20. Metal shapes yeah you're right however I think it's just Steve's exuberance and that he doesn't understand how things work here on the ham B I've talked to him several times and he seems to be a pretty decent guy

21. metalshapes

metalshapes

Thats why this Thread is still open.

To give him the benifit of the doubt, and so he can correct himself.

22. Long Roof Larry

Long Roof Larry

Steve

Maybe YOU should do some research on Chaz.....I think YOU will be amazed at what SPECIAL things he makes!

On a side note, since you are somewhat new to the HAMB.....this is NOT a model car building site. Some of us on here enjoy building models. Most of the guys I know who build both real and scale are NOT turned off by the HAMB. Some of us model builders "get it" both in small scale and in 1:1.

And as for myself, before you wonder what makes me spacial....I have added much more to the model car hobby than your one kit. Ask your pals you listed in your rant of builders you know.....they all know me.

23. I love the Uncertain T. I think it is one of the wildest, coolest looking creations. But damn, after reading this post, I care far less about it. Your response is extremely rude, you are not a GOD because you built a car that won an award. In fact, your response sounds an awful lot like the Elvis 58 guy from earlier in the thread.

24. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

OK, Here's where I'm at on this. The UncertainT was a groundbreaking car. The workmanship, engineering, and off the charts styling set the car world on its ear. I have nothing but respect for everything about it.
    The fact that Steve disappeared from the car world after its show run was odd. I know Steve said " he knew where he was the whole time. " That's amusing, but the fact remains that he disappeared from the auto scene.
    Now apparently he has re-surfaced with a story that is a bit on the shaky side. He never was gone, he sold the car to a mysterious "friend" who has money and talent coming out of every pore in his body. His friend remains unnamed.
    Steve can not get a photo from his "friend" to post here, but he can flood us with promotions for pictures and model kits.
    Here's the way I see it. Steve built an amazing car, he sold it for a pittance of what it is worth today to someone whose name he cant remember. The car was probably parted out and destroyed , and neither Steve nor anyone else actually has any idea where it is today.
    If you can produce a verifiable picture of it as it exists today , You and everyone else here on the HAMB will have my apology.
    Oh yeah Steve, I Dont make a big deal out of the awards I've won and feature articles I've been in. But those who know me here can vouch for them....Chaz

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    Scooterville likes this.
  25. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I agree; I'd love to simply see some current day pics of the car. Better yet, would love to see it restored and displayed and all the mysterious, drama Jimmy Hoffa bullshit be done with.

The HAMB is not a model car site. "Sunday models" is a running post, but model cars are about 1/1000th of the HAMB.

Steve, even though you designed and built the car, do you even still own the marketing rights to the car or did that transfer to the current owner?
    In other words, if the model car were to be rereleased, who would receive the royalty checks?
    I always wonder this when I see for example a Danbury Hirohata Merc being marketed. Does the royalty go to Jim McNeil, Hirohata's estate, Barris?

26. I am with Chaz, Don and many others. This thread showed promise at one time.

27. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

This thread has existed since 2005. I hope the moderators allow it to survive. Someday someone may know info about where the Uncertain T is today.

28. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

If the car is not his like he say then it's not up to him if current photo's should be made public of it's condition, It doesn't matter if the owner is a friend or not. I can see his "Attitude " a bit for a lot of this post everyone wanted to know about the car and where he was , Now that Steve shows up we have some that are calling him a liar even to the point of someone saying he is not the real Steve Scott! He lives in Hawaii and the car is on the Mainland so if the current owner won't send him current pics how is he supposed to "share" them? Living in New England I have met a few HAMbers but not being close to the action I don't know a lot of their real names so how would I know the center fold car in any magazine belonged to "Chaz" unless it said it in the magazine that's one of the bad sides to screen names sure it protects your privacy but then again it also can hide your accomplishments! He dis appeared from the "car scene" just about the time he joined the service I know a few Vets that dis appeared for some time on their return in the 60s I don't know that's his reason but it might be!How many times has someone on here posted how they know where this or that famous car is now sitting but can't produce a picture of it now ? Him saying it's safe but in storage is no different! I see a lot of guys "selling"through links in their signature line so I'm not going to sit here and say he is doing anything wrong by selling his stuff here BUT I agree his Ebay links should be removed by him since that is clearly against the rules. We all talk about bringing in new blood or encouraging old timers to come back into the fold yet here we have a very well known "Old Timer" who has come out of hiding if you will because of the HAMB and it might be just what he needed to come back into the hobby. He has made an open effort to do this here but constantly calling "bullshit" when we don't know all the facts sure as hell won't promote that!

29. ahawes

ahawes

Just read this thing through from beginning to end, took a bit of a sad turn at the end here...

30. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It will... if for no other reason than it really tells a story about the car and the person.